Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Featured It's a Dobie thing!

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by Gretchen_Red, Feb 18, 2015.

1. drago's dad

drago's dad $ Forum Donor $

drago does not like to go potty unless i walk outside, i think he is scared of the bogey man lol

• Like Like x 1
  2. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I don't know what happened to the "off the chain k9 trainer" but he/she came in like a lion slinging training advice and seems to have left. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  3. drago's dad

drago's dad $ Forum Donor $

only time drago's slapping bothers me is when i am trying to sleep and he bounces on my face lol..kids

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Same with ours, but we've always gone out with them so they're used to it.

5. salisa826

salisa826 Hot Topics Subscriber

Omg I just chuckled!!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. salisa826

If I put ice cubes in Denali's water bowl it will stick his face in the bowl to get them. It's quite funny.

7. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

LOL Hans doesn't like to go out when it's nasty out (too cold, wet, snowing, etc.) unless I go too. I potty trained him on a leash because we didn't have a fence and he hadn't learned the boundaries. Now he won't go out unless I have to suffer too ;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. sgoll

sgoll New Member

Henry will become alert and focused at seemingly nothing. He also loves babies/toddlers. He steals my clothing that I leave out and stocks piles it on his bed to snuggle with ( I've had dogs steal one or two, but he borderline hordes). Groans and moans to talk with me/make comments especially when I'm talking to someone else. Sticks his cold, wet nose under my blankets to wake me up. Splashes water everywhere when he drinks ( I think it's because how big his mouth is and he's a gulp-er).
    [DOUBLEPOST=1432190408,1432189991][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yes! Henry will come up to me for I can admire him and his crocodile. I tried playing with him, but that's not what he uwants. He's so handsome that it's hard to not look at him. :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. TheDoberman

TheDoberman Notable member

Me and my friend were talking one time and we decided that it's a Doberman thing for them to lay down and cross their paws.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Drogon

Drogon $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

As a first time owner of a dobe pup, I'm happy to read this thread and to find out "it's not just my dog".

Nosing constantly
    Licking everything
    Must be in the bathroom
    Whining

I thought he may outgrow some of these but it sounds like these will be with us for ever, and I'm okay with that.

• Like Like x 2
  11. LouisVuittons mom

LouisVuittons mom Jr Member

I really like the lean, " accident " punch in the face, violent slam of the elbow in your thigh and the lowering of the body while moaning, good times watching tv here!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. terragazelle

terragazelle New Member

Oh my yes!
    last night I was sitting on the love seat..he got up next to me and as he was laying down from standing on the love seat..he knocked me in the jaw with his head..got me in the stomach with his size 9 paw and then moaning laid his head down on my lap..and I loved all over him.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  13. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

This one always makes us laugh! :spit:

14. salisa826

Denali moans and groans when he lays down in his crate. It's like it's his last stitch objection lol

15. Gretchen_Red

Gretchen_Red Hot Topics Subscriber

Gretchen has ZERO self awareness I swear! She whacks everything with her paw and if I'm not hitting her in the head as, as I'm walking and she just runs into my hand with her face, then she's head bunting me in the face!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lexi Lou

Lexi Lou Member

That's how we watch TV too! Lexi drops her body from a standing position, lets out a ginormous groan, and drapes her long schnoz across my (or hubby's) lap. It's all about HER comfort. And because we love the big oompa loompa, we put up with it.

Also, Lexi always follows me so closely as I'm moving around the house. The other day I stopped to pick something up off the floor and she ran into my butt with her head. Maybe she'll give me a little more space from now on. Goofy girl!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kaner2015

Kaner2015 New Member

I am really glad to find this forum!! Our little guy does many of the things listed like thumping his paws on the ground and tailgating. He nearly sent me head-first into a kitchen counter so needless to say, I have stopped wearing flip flops for now. Has anyone seen a thread about dobes with intact ears? We cropped all previous but decided to leave Kaner with long ears. I was hoping to see pics of what he will look like. Thanks so much!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Gretchen_Red

Gretchen_Red Hot Topics Subscriber

I can't help you but I'm sure someone can! I've heard you have to tape natural ears down so they lay a certain way but they all seem to lay differently on different dogs it seems.

19. Kaner2015

Kaner2015 New Member

And now...I have a blanket sucker!!! He loves watching the Dog Whisperer and sucking his blanket, lol

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  20. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Glad you have experienced the tailgating too, complete with stepping on the back of your flip-flops.

As for a thread on uncropped ears, I don't know. But just google it and you can see plenty of images. It varies a lot. Some Dobes have larger, longer ears, some have smaller. Most of the time, they look just like any old nondescript dog except for the tan markings. @Gelcoater 's red girl has small ears, if I'm not mistaken.

• Like Like x 1