It was an accident...really

Served her right, I’d say. What is it with Homeschool mom groups? I hear about this cliquey behavior all the time. I guess there’s a reason I prefer to work alone lol. As an antisocial homeschool mom, I’d be kicking ppl and their kids out of my house left and right. :bat:

Yep...Homeschool mom group......those of us with a funny bone called it the "Wine and Whine" meeting, the only kids in my house when we did this...was my kids...and the area we were in..in the house was off limits to even MY kids.

The group ranged in age and home school style.....and these four...lawdy.

Every group has them.....and I am never sure who I feel the most sorry/pity(sometimes utter disgust)for...the queen bee..or the groupies. ~sigh~

Oldest daughter was a public school kid all the way....P.T.A. Girl Scouts, Soft Ball, Gymnastic, Marching and Jazz Band 4H.....EVERY GROUP had this adult mean girl posse in it.

It was my first and last coordinated home school group....also mostly anti-social:laughing: ( so much easier now that my kids are grown!!!:thumbsup2:) but more gave it up cuz our style was free form/un schooling and every one back then was trying to copy cat the S.O.P. of public school. This was back in the 90's when people were still getting on board with home school...and there was power and safety..in numbers....when dealing with school/gvmnt red tape.

The upside to the groups....even from the sidelines...great way to find ways to get the kids into community service.

I picked the few folks I could get along with...and worked one on one with them.....they kinda had the same 'tude I did...we needed to network...but we also needed to stay out of jail:rofl:

Twice our guys have been conduits to curriculum......science, math, biology, civics....it was always so much fun to watch the kids get invested in learning about THE animal. My son used to tell people about Stonewall
"He's my dog but he's also my curriculum!!":)

I know, I've felt sorry for my partner a couple of times venturing out with bruises or my black eye it looked so dodgy, not to mention when you get the same guy twice at the accident and medical!.... :( The dog did do it!!

BINGO!!! There have been times I have wanted to take the boys with me to the doc office to say
SEE!! THIS is WHY I look abused!!!

I feel for ya..I DO I DO!!!!!!!

This is one of my favorites.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nominate that dude for the Darwin awards and that right there is a prize winning Stupid should hurt...move!!!!

(Mo could care less about a laser..BAM...OMG..we only use it outside.....he wiped out a coffee table one night...when DH was playing with the laser inside.)

I was thinking of all the times I got smacked in the face with their headbone! I also have been tripped or had my slipper peeled off by someone walking on my heels. I learned that the first thing to do is bend my knees when I hear the monsters running behind me. The only time I had a knee injury was when I was sick in bed and didn't have the strength to move when I realized they planned to jump up on my knee - that took almost a year before it stopped hurting. When I'm in a hurry, I can count on them to be right in front of me trying to trip me.

AJ's quirk is he jumps straight up in the air at my face when he's happy. I almost got banged a few times. Last Saturday, we were in an Obedience trial and after group exercises were finished, the judge tells the handlers to walk out of the ring with the dogs in a controlled manner just as AJ jumps straight up and gives me a face kiss - fortunately, the judge didn't say anything.

I had a few injuries from my horse. I broke some bones in my hand when I fell off. Never drink and ride. For many years, my grip wasn't dependable because sometimes my hands would lock and wouldn't close, so I never let go of one hand until I had a firm grip with the other when working heights. I took him out of the barn one February when he hadn't been ridden for a month - he bucked me right off, I cut up my hand on the frozen ruts and got about 20 stitches. I was doing his hoofs after I got two wisdom teeth removed. The smell of blood spooked him and he rose up, catching my right eye with his hoof. I didn't find out for years that I had eye damage because I just thought my glasses were dirty.

Oh man..I feel like the worst person on the planet...none of that is funny...BUT.....I'm still laughing...I'm telling myself to stop...but damndamndamn..I can't.

I was doing okay....had it under control..until I got here:
Never drink and ride.

That's where I lost it.....

For real.....OOOHHHHHHHHH SO FOR REAL.......Truer words rarely spoken!!

Oh man..I feel like the worst person on the planet...none of that is funny...BUT.....I'm still laughing...I'm telling myself to stop...but damndamndamn..I can't.

I was doing okay....had it under control..until I got here:

That's where I lost it.....

For real.....OOOHHHHHHHHH SO FOR REAL.......Truer words rarely spoken!!

The funniest accident that never happened was at the barn. A girl brought up her boyfriend and he was riding her horse. He decided to try to rope a fence post while riding past full speed. He tied one end of the rope to the saddle horn. We kept rooting for him to succeed because we wanted to see what would happen, but his aim was as bad as his judgement.

Shoot hit post to quick....

but his aim was as bad as his judgement.

What it made me think of:

My dad owned a small arena......held open roping events....and the guys would get together there to practice and break in fresh roping steers. One of the guys had is four year old grandson with him one day.

Cody was throwing a rope at a practice dummy...and giving it all he had.

He walked over and said
"Papa..I know whats wrong, that ain't a real cow, I could head a real cow!" So his grandad told him to have at the next steer they turned out of the chute.......cuz...well....the kids not gonna hit a moving target.....right?

The next steer turned out...didn't run...it just kinda sauntered out.....and Cody threw his rope and...and did head the thing...that spooked the steer and it started to lope....and I heard Cody's granddad yellll
"OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT!!
As he took off to grab Cody...and we were all yelling at Cody...
TO LET GO OF THE ROPE!!!!LET GO OF THE ROPE!!!!!!

Poor kid did..... he let go of the rope and started crying and asking why he was in trouble...what did he do..papa told him he could.

I think we all traumatized him for life......he had his grandad running full speed at him....about a dozen people screaming at him to let go of the rope......and all he was thinking was how proud we should be of him!!!

That is funny now..it wasn't then.

The joker on the horse in your post...that would been funny at the time..and still fall down funny now.....if he'd hit the post!!!

This thread
It just made me happy

Made me think about how many times a doberman....not ours..lead our daughter to get injured....doing the "whiplash watching the MIG jet fly by twist" Ddski5 mentioned.
There were many..but the two that stand out the most:

There was a twisted ankle that ended up in an air cast and banged up knee hitting the ground.......from watching a pair of black and tans across the street from us...she didn't see the curb she needed to step off.

The pole she walked into backwards and almost knocked herself out...cuz she spun around to look a red pup with new posting who was prancing around the owner in front of a store.

And how sore the top of my foot stayed......cuz when she got her own doberkid.... as an adult.....when I tried to help her train her guy....DH would step on my foot....to remind me....her dog her way..I needed to hush. I had a sore foot for a good 10 months.:facepalm:

The weapon in my house is the chewed up nylon toys sitting on the floor. One step on those spiky toys of doom and OUCH! Yet to cut my foot open though... the day will come. :facepalm:

Another is when I bring the rope out for tug. When Rex wins, he shakes it VIOLENTLY whacking everything in his path, including himself & my soon to be bruised legs.

Another is when I bring the rope out for tug. When Rex wins, he shakes it VIOLENTLY whacking everything in his path, including himself & my soon to be bruised legs.

We don't do tug ropes...and this is one of the reasons....but Bam just managed to do the kinda damage the rope's knot can do....with a bone. He and Mo were on opposite ends of the bed with DH....and they are playing
"YOU LEFT IT SO NOW IT IS MINE!!!" game with a big good sized bone.

Mo had it last and was gnawing away.....got up off the bed to get a drink...Bam realized Mo was off the bed,and he shot down the bed to get the bone.....then I heard DH yelp.

Bam had grabbed the bone and went to spin off the bed with it...just as DH leaned forward to get up.....and it was sorta DH leaned into the jagged end of the bone...but it had the swinging propulsion physics of 75 lbs of all muscle trying to clear the room with it before his brother got back......the only thing that kept the jagged end of the bone from breaking skin...was DH's hair....didn't stop the wallop tho.....nor the knot it left.

(And I am trying ssssssooooooooooooooooooooo hard to not :rofl: )

Back