1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Male Lord Mars Blitzkrieg

Average User Rating:
5/5,
Breeder/Kennel:
Unknown BYB
Legal Owner/s:
Fred C
Stud Service?:
  • No
  1. FredC

FredC Guest

Thank you. I consider the above His legacy he left behind. It makes me feel like he wasn't just my super hero. It really does make me feel good knowing he is indirectly responsible for so many great things in so many strangers lives. I used to feel guilty knowing that this forum took up so much of our limited time together but then again because of it he lives on in more just my heart.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. FredC

FredC Guest

It does. If it wasn't for her I just don't know how I would have coped.

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Being fresh off the loss of my partner, (yes Greta was my partner), I can completely understand and appreciate every word you said here. Saturday marked 3 months months since her loss. Yep, I still cry and sometimes completely break down.
    One of my friends was here Saturday when I had my break down. She decided it was time to tell me I needed some help. She felt it was not normal for a person to be still so upset about the loss of a dog. I sat quietly while I listened to her words of wisdom. Huge tears developed in my eyes as I listened to her. She said "See? this is what I mean. No one should be this upset after losing a dog 3 months ago." I said these tears are not for Greta, they are for you. I feel sorry for you that you have never let yourself be loved by an animal like Greta loved me. Our relationship was unlike any I have ever experienced. I watched her stand up against a really bad guy, willing to give her life so I would be safe from him. I also witnessed her kissing the cheek of a dying child and she just knew that is what she had to do. I spent years of training and giving everything I had to her to make her the best she could be and she gave that back to me tenfold, something no human has ever done. Think I'm crazy or that I need some kind of professional help if you want to, but I know that I had something very special that very few allow themselves to experience. If it takes a very long time to get past it, I'm okay with that. Let me hurt and grieve the way I need. No one can judge it if they have not experienced it.
    All you can do is allow yourself to grieve and cherish the fact the you were lucky enough to experience what you did.....so many never do.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 4
  4. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Omg, I had someone say that to me too!!! :shock: THAT really upset me! :mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

You are right on everything you said. I don't think you get past it, you just learn to cope with it. It's been 8mo. since I lost Gracie and I doubt there is a day that goes by that I don't cry and then I find myself hugging Maddie, the beagle I adopted because I feel Gracie sent her to me.
    Darn, I am in tears again as I write this. Grieve your own way, everyday and know Greta is licking your tears from beyond. Someone who has never experienced the profound love between a human and animal is missing one of the greatest gifts of life.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

It upset me too at first and then an overwhelming feeling of empathy. How sad that she has never been in a place she could understand it. My dogs and I do everything together, they are truly my partners in life. I can't imagine not having that relationship in my life. I can't help but feel sorry for anyone that doesn't.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. FredC

FredC Guest

Lol I do everyday.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RiverRat

RiverRat Jr Member

The pain you feel when you lose someone is just a reflection of the amount of love you had for them. The more love, the more pain, and the longer it takes to fade. Dobies are even worse because they really become part of you.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

@FredC, do your kids calm down when you play the guitar?
    My husband made the observation that Gracie would always become totally calm and just sit contentedly whenever I played the piano. He also said she responded to the different styles I would play. Classical would seem to ease her but a little ragtime would have her sitting up and alert. When I was learning guitar she was my biggest critic. Lol
    Wrong chords and her ears went flat and I could see the howl wanting to come out. :) whenever my husband plays the guitar, it is so melodic and beautiful. He never learned to read music, just plays by ear. Makes me envious as I was taught to read music and without it, I am lost unless I memorize it. I still have not conquered the guitar, always a work in progress and ear plugs are not a bad thing for those around me. Lol
    Perhaps one day it will all come together. I get frustrated trying to learn the guitar and invariably finish up on the piano, much to the dogs, cats and birds' delight.

• Like Like x 3
  10. FredC

FredC Guest

Lol no that isn't the reaction my style playing generates.. Lately Kali gets super zoomies when I play and Daemon would howl in misery. Lol it makes me laugh every time I hit a sour note and see Kali stare at the amp like some wounded vermin is trying to escape from inside it.

Actually I tell everyone that I'm not a guitar player I just play guitar. In other words I really know nothing about music except how to put a couple cords together.

I do the same on the piano. Know just enough to wish I knew more.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. MischasMomma

MischasMomma Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I saw this on TV today and thought of you and mars. Even if you claim they don't love your playing, when i saw it I felt this how Mars (and Kali) really feel!

12. MischasMomma

Wait a minute, that is NOT supposed to be a trailer for "bad mom's" wtf lol I'll find the right video...

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 2
  13. MischasMomma

Let's try this again...

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. FredC

FredC Guest

Aww love that. Mine react exactly the opposite. Lol

15. FredC

FredC Guest

Almost forgot about this.. Lord Mars was once one of the faces of "another board".. Lol...
    image.jpeg
    Mars is the red guy in the middle laying down with a big smile on his face.
    He must've known he infiltrated enemy lines, because he looks quite proud of himself.

Miss you tons Boss.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. bomary

bomary Hot Topics Subscriber

Well, this was my morning laugh...that is awesome. He does look like he's thinking, "HA...I did it, and y'all don't even know...I'm a bad MF'er!!" I miss him and I didn't even know him. I love your pictures and stories about that guy! He clearly had a good life with you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. FredC

FredC Guest

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Aww I don't think I've seen either one of those videos before. So sweet!

• Like Like x 2
  19. FredC

FredC Guest

Lol that Golden is a gem...
    this is more like it....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

LMAO!!! That was hysterical!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1