• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Incoherent ramblings of a grieving man: Run Free Lord Mars Blitzkrieg

@VonDoom I tried sending you a pm and it said I couldn't... But it switched it to tapatalk message and sent so I'm not sure if you got it?

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Strangely i feel better having him back. Im not sure i got the closure i typically get when burying one of my past companions but there is an odd feeling of comfort having him back home. :paw:
That's exactly the way I've felt with ours and why I'm so possessive of the ashes. It means to much to me and I know it does you as well.
I think my Bubba would approve... He was a good Uncle Mars.. :dobe:
I love this! Was my little boy in there too, or was it a different litter? I'm so happy he had the opportunity to grow up in his young years with you, Mars, Kali and Demi.

I love this! Was my little boy in there too, or was it a different litter?
Those were Attiicus' sisters.

And while I have your attention I would like to thank you and Genny for your kind gift. And if you can't tell already from the picture I approve and appreciate you both for your kind gesture.
A1c (Custom).jpeg

I'm so glad you like it and it looks beautiful with all of the other special things you have arranged with it. We know how special it is to have something memorable for our beloved babies who have gone over the bridge.

I just saw this thread, I tend to avoid this part of the forum, as it brings back some painful memories. However, I noticed in your signature and I just had to come read this. It mirrors so many of the feelings I had when Mysti passed, she was only 8 1/2, and also had Addisons. I remember seeing Mars when we came to visit the puppies, he was such a handsome guy, even with all he was going through, and such a mighty warrior. I am so sorry for your loss, I know how bad it hurts, the doubt, the blame and then the acceptance. I still sometimes wonder if I could have kept her with me a little longer, but then I think it would have been selfish of me and that she was just ready to go and she chose a time she knew I would not be able to hold her back.
I am sure that they have found each other, and are sharing the same patch of shade, or sun, or the same heat vent, Mysti loved to sit in front of it, or my heater when I had it on. RIP Mighty Mars, until the time comes to be joined again with the humans who loved you.

Holy Gut Check.... Just found an unedited video of Mars and Kali a few minutes ago that i shelved and barely remember recording.. The date shows Wednesday, ‎December ‎24, ‎2014, ‏‎11:39:18 PM (Christmas eve?) giving him exactly 11 months to live to the day when it was recorded.. Whats strange is i found it today which turns out to be the day i brought him home 8 years ago.. We would have still been on the road home.. I remember the weather and particularly the roads were very similar then as today.. So strange that hes just looking at me.. Because he hated Cameras and almost always refused to look directly at them because of the LED or flash...

Video Lord Mars Blitzkrieg

Man with the recent passing of Greta and the heart strings shes been pulling this is kicking me in the teeth today.. Wow i cant believe this is really happening.. Probably seems weird to some but holy kicking my ass all over again tonight..
:complain:

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Gut Check.... Just found an unedited video of Mars and Kali a few minutes ago that i shelved and barely remember recording.. The date shows Wednesday, ‎December ‎24, ‎2014, ‏‎11:39:18 PM (Christmas eve?) giving him exactly 11 months to live to the day when it was recorded.. Whats strange is i found it today which turns out to be the day i brought him home 8 years ago.. We would have still been on the road home.. I remember the weather and particularly the roads were very similar then as today.. So strange that hes just looking at me.. Because he hated Cameras and almost always refused to look directly at them because of the LED or flash...

Lord Mars Blitzkrieg

Man with the recent passing of Greta and the heart strings shes been pulling this is kicking me in the teeth today.. Wow i cant believe this is really happening.. Probably seems weird to some but holy kicking my ass all over again tonight..
:complain:

Von I'm so sorry to read your going thru such pain. I do hope it get's better soon for you, I cannot imagine the heartache, though someday I'm sure to know it. Hang in there man. Rest in peace Mars !

Boy, do I ever understand this. It was the opposite for me. I remember when Mars passed thinking this will be me soon. Each thing you posted cut a hole in my heart because Mars was such a huge part of this forum and I foolishly thought it would help me in my grieving process.
We'll that's a big HELL NO! Nothing helps, you just have to go through it.
I find myself thinking of better times, a soft loving memory that brings a smile to my face that gets blown up by tears and unbearable pain because I suddenly realize she's gone ...forever.
I'm sorry you are going through this, I knew how much it sucks. But we both know the love of a good dog, so we will do it again. It all comes down to sharing your life with a beautiful soul standing at your side, you both know each other completely and share that unconditional love is just so worth it. That feels so weird to say as I sit here with my heart in so many pieces. But it's true, there is nothing like the love of a good dog. They know your soul completely, not no human ever could, and love you anyway.

Bring me to tears each and every time, reading someones pain on losing a pet. It's never easy. Never. I had to actually do a count on my pets, but I've been through it 6 times with dogs and 3 times with cats. Each one I grieved forever. Say a name of one of them, and I'm thrown back to the day. When you loved something so completely, it never really goes away. It 'softens' with time. But never goes away for me.

I pray for some peace to you, Von. And each and every one of you that have lost.

8 years ago February 3rd 2008
DSCF0014B.JPG
I still have that little crate.. Lots of puppies have called that old thing home since Mars.. lol i have a hard time believing he was ever little enough to sleep in there.. He grew up pretty fond of that baby blanket in there to.. im kinda bummed i cant find it.. Im certain its around because it was always special to him.. I remember one time putting it on his back he walked with it for a long time like that and even tried pulling it back over his back when it was falling off.. That boy loved to be warm.. Blankets, Heater vents and the Sun were among his favorite things..

Im really missing him today. I think declining my Corso puppy has me a lot more bummed then i was prepared for.. I love Kali every bit as much as i loved Mars and always have but shes a different dog with a different personality.. Mars and I were two peas in a pod. I will say if it wasnt for Kali im not sure how i would have made it through all this.. The thought of losing her someday terrifies me.. Particularly since i know ill never be able to afford another one.. It was just over eight years ago that i got him and just under 8 years that i got Kali but wow has the world changed in those 8 years.. Just over 2 months since i lost my buddy i find myself standing at the crossroads completely lost with an anger thats slowly simmering to a boil. I dont even know what i want or need right now.

Ask me why im spilling my guts here and ill tell i don't know why. I know ill get through this i just wish everything didnt have to seem so grim in the meantime..

Ask me why im spilling my guts here and ill tell i don't know why
You're still grieving, that's why. And it's ok to grieve. That never 'goes away' that fast for me. Special dates, items...it all comes back. Having Kali with you has got to be helping. I know for myself, when I lost a dog without another one 'left behind with me', I was more lost than ever. Not having a dog in my life is excruciating. That said, you know the pain of watching the 'dog left behind' mourn too. Sadly, there is no easy way to deal with loss. I hate it. :( With every pet I own, I dread that day. And when it does, the roller coaster begins. I think, I'll never have another! I'm not going through this again! I hate it!:cus: ...... then my heart is aching to hold that puppy again. A dog in my life. My sidekick. Someone to love. And I take that leap again. :( I almost don't want to. But those eyes, that love, that companion, is mine once again and we start all over. Will I ever learn?

8 years ago February 3rd 2008
View attachment 59393
I still have that little crate.. Lots of puppies have called that old thing home since Mars.. lol i have a hard time believing he was ever little enough to sleep in there.. He grew up pretty fond of that baby blanket in there to.. im kinda bummed i cant find it.. Im certain its around because it was always special to him.. I remember one time putting it on his back he walked with it for a long time like that and even tried pulling it back over his back when it was falling off.. That boy loved to be warm.. Blankets, Heater vents and the Sun were among his favorite things..

Im really missing him today. I think declining my Corso puppy has me a lot more bummed then i was prepared for.. I love Kali every bit as much as i loved Mars and always have but shes a different dog with a different personality.. Mars and I were two peas in a pod. I will say if it wasnt for Kali im not sure how i would have made it through all this.. The thought of losing her someday terrifies me.. Particularly since i know ill never be able to afford another one.. It was just over eight years ago that i got him and just under 8 years that i got Kali but wow has the world changed in those 8 years.. Just over 2 months since i lost my buddy i find myself standing at the crossroads completely lost with an anger thats slowly simmering to a boil. I dont even know what i want or need right now.

Ask me why im spilling my guts here and ill tell i don't know why. I know ill get through this i just wish everything didnt have to seem so grim in the meantime..

This whole process sucks, doesn't it?
I took some grief because of my relationship with Greta. People would say horrible things about her like she is so ugly she is almost cute or how can you love her when you have this beautiful boy here? I do love Drake! It was just different with Greta. She seemed to have this 6th sense about her that just drew you to her. She was so loving and understanding and seemed to know when you had a need she could fill. Drake on the other hand is just silly. He is more let's play, come on throw the ball....that will distract you. When you are upset around him, he starts with everything he knows. It's like he is saying "You're upset, watch, I can sit. Umm...that didn't work, well I can down. Okay, I have to pull out the big guns. Watch this dance I can do!" He then starts with spinning around in circles and dancing all around to make you happy. Greta on the other hand would just say "Come on over here, I can see you just need a hug." She would just crawl up on you, curl up against you and proceed to purr. How I miss my love bug!
Unfortunately we can't fix this in an instant. We have to go through the process. And as much as it hurts, we all do it again because it is worth it.

I had to take the frame off my bed today so that Kali can jump up in bed with me in the mornings. She is starting to show signs that she is slowing down and it's totally freaking me out. She has good hips so I think its arthritis, she is otherwise quite healthy but that little reality check is scaring the shit out of me.

I miss you Mars!!!

How old is she now?
She will be 8 in a couple weeks. She is otherwise healthy. I am catching her moan and groan more and more frequently when she gets up and down.

I haven't had my bed on the floor since I was a teenager, kinda weird but if it makes getting up and down easier for Kali I have no problems with it .

Back