1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Male Lord Mars Blitzkrieg

Average User Rating:
5/5,
Breeder/Kennel:
Unknown BYB
Legal Owner/s:
Fred C
Stud Service?:
  • No
  1. FredC

FredC Guest

This is not Mars's memorial (not ready for that yet) However it will become a place for me to grieve and share tidbits of my own journey here with Mars. This forum has hundreds and hundreds of pages with his stories and pictures all the way back to day one.. This forum as i see it today is a story of our Journey together for the last 8 years. Finding all those stories and putting them together would be a monumental task.. But they are here and i take comfort in that..

I dont know anymore if this place is healthy for me right now or not But something keeps telling me i need to finish our stories. and a part of that journey ive decided will include my grieving and end finally when im ready conclude with his a thread of his own in the memorial section.

My Dog Mars emcompasses this forum. To me his soul lies here. He is the Patriarch of this community. and everything that it is and hopefully continues to be.. It was a long time ago but id be willing to bet that the first picture ever posted here would have been of him.. the inspiration behind Doberman Chat.. Without a Mars there would be No DC. I thank him for giving me a hobby that turned into an almost decade long job.. When i consider that, then i have to consider the fact that everything ive learned here on this forum from other like minded people, that in a round about way i learned thanks to him, he was my professor in life..

Hes even righting some of my wrongs in his death.. When Mars was sick i called my sister for help.. We havent spoke in years.. My mother also sent me a note telling me she was sorry.. Today a window is open for us to possibly resume our relationship to.. I havent spoke to her in several years either..

Just like all of us i come with baggage.. Most of that was swept under a rug for years until he started getting sick and then my my attitude slowly started to come back..

A dog forum is a revolving door.. People come and go.. When a new puppy arrives here i always cringe because i know it means one of our old vets has passed on.. Wednesday Morning November 25 2015 was that day for my Boy Lord Mars Blitzkrieg.

One thing im having a hrad time with is how Angry i was at him for being sick..
    Yesterday it occurred to me that i was a coward and stood behind when he was euthanised and he couldnt see me.. I hope that holding him and talking to him was enough..

He was so strong and fit only a couple weeks before his last days that his age must have been something i refused to acknowledge.

He made it 8 years old and it sickens me today to think i missed it and we didn't celebrate.. this one is tough because his birthday was only a 2 weeks ago.. on november 13th. I vaguely remember the day because i detest friday the 13th's

No need to comment.. Apologies, Condolences, well wishes and the don't beat beat yourself ups have all been said already.. I just have to deal with his passing in my own way.. And this is my way of concluding our journey as a team on this forum.. An epilogue of sorts from my perspective.. As said earlier Mars will have a memorial here someday. this isn't it..

Apologies if these ramblings don't make sense, i'm grieving and they are mostly for me and Mars anyways..

I love you Buddy.. You have enriched my life in so many ways My promise to you.. i will do my best to make sure those lessons are never forgotten..

Rest in peace Lord Mars Blitzkrieg
    doberman-chat.comimage (55).png

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2016
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Grieving with you, Von. All the way. :( Well, written, from the heart and I'm not ashamed to say I am in tears now. We love these dogs so much! :(

RIP Mars

• Appreciation Appreciation x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. FredC

FredC Guest

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  4. FredC

FredC Guest

Anything routine is painful and changing it seems like im cheating his memory , excpet hes gone and change is inevitable.. Hes everywhere i turn here.. I see him in every corner of the house.. The night seems much darker outside than it did before.. The porch light casts a white light that just seems extra cold.. The yard seems empty even though its exactly the same..
    I dont know what do do with his stuff. I take comfort in seeing it and other times it makes me literally ill..

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MyBuddy

Ugh, like a punch in the stomach, isn't it? But I always say not to make any drastic decisions. If it bothers you, simply put it away. Don't give it away. One day you just might want to look at them again.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. FredC

FredC Guest

More ramblings. Death will do this to you..
    I am Agnostic. I want to believe.. I just don't.
    If god gave us common sense and logic then why would he gamble a good mans soul on blind faith?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I think we all can say we understand what you are feeling. Although we all go through it at some point, the grieving process is a very personal thing, we all have our own way of going about it.
    Do what you have to do and do it when the right is right.
    Mars was a special boy, one of our founding dobies here on DFC. Just think of the dogs and owners that have been helped, the friendships that were formed across the world. WOW! What a legacy.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  8. FredC

FredC Guest

Kali is grieving two or at least wants to know where he is.. I dont know whats best for her.. for example i catch her sniffing his things.. im wondering if i should attempt to remove his scnet as best i can from the house or let it be as it will go away sooner then later in its own time.. Not sure what is best for my baby girl..

9. FredC

FredC Guest

Thank you Genny, that's a very comforting thought and one i hadn't really considered in quite that way.. :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. MyBuddy

It always breaks my heart further to see the grieving of the pet 'left behind'. Because we can't explain things to them! And I want to! But I believe they need to grieve too. I'm sure she sensed that Mars was ill. I would allow her whatever she wants to do with his things. I don't know if its the 'right' thing to do or not. But I think allowing her to sniff his things may be a comfort to her. I'm sure some others will give you their input too. You do what feels right for you. These are only suggestions. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Maybe change up your usual routine? It'll probably help both of you cope.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. FredC

FredC Guest

Weird that its been raining since wednesday.. Very similar weather to most easter sundays. I always found it strange that almost every easter sunday growing up was overcast and wet with that drizzle type rain that is really nothing, yet manages to soak everything it touches to the bone.. Winter has only just begun but i do hope and pray that when the sum makes an appearance for the first time since wednesday that it will bring with it a brighter outlook on the future..

• Like Like x 2
  13. obbanner

obbanner $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm sorry to hear about Lord Mars' passing. Our dogs mean so much to us.

Your anger is common. I was very surprised and ashamed at myself once because a flash of anger overwhelmed me when my father had his final illness. It's part of the grieving process.

God Bless you and Lord Mars.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. FredC

FredC Guest

image.jpeg
    Lord Mars and I during the early days of Doberman chat. 2008 I believe.

• Like Like x 6
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 5
  15. Drogon

Drogon $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

One day at a time. You have Kali and you have us. Mars will live on through you and through this forum. Time heals all wounds, even the emotional ones.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. MyBuddy

Gosh, he looks like Buddy there! :love:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. FredC

FredC Guest

Besides their crops I often thought the same thing throughout the years.

I also consider that quite a compliment as I think Buddy is a very handsome Guy. Lol that sounded kind of gay haha. Ahh first smile of the day.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. MyBuddy

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww........... :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

I completely understand this.
    It took close to two weeks for me to pick up Maxi's food bowl from where she last ate from it.That was even with Daisy nudging it every night then looking at me as if asking "Where's Maxi? Isn't she going to eat?"

Let the grieving process happen,Fred.Do things when you're ready.
    I have to agree with what others have said here,looking around this site we see quite a large group of folks from around the world that,because of Mars you brought together.

In reading your first post it also seems maybe a new chapter in your family life may be beginning,due to Mars.

We all deal with grief and loss differently.
    Personally I deal with it by cleaning shit,it's just how I'm wired. My garage was cleaner than it had been in years after we lost Maxi.It also was dealt with by doubling down on attention given to Daisy.
    You need to deal however your heart leads you.Kali is going to need you to help her through this and I imagine she will help you too.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Thanks for sharing with us. Many hearts ache from his loss. Grieving takes time. Let it. It's okay to let it hit you with waves of sadness and it's okay to allow it to light up your whole face with a smile from a happy memory. To do so is healthy. You were brave and strong for him right down to the end. Nothing to be ashamed of in that.

I am going on my four year anniversary as a member. Mars is one of the first dogs I remember being able to put a name with a face. Maybe because he reminds me of my own sweet red boy, or maybe because he was just special. His memories will never leave you. As stated, they litter this forum for you to read whenever you like. It's his way of staying with you. Forever, just like you promised ❤️ What a gift.

It's been close to four years since I lost my Sabrina. Sometimes I still see her on her favorite spot on the couch in the upstairs living room. I don't allow anyone to sit there yet. It was her spot. I find comfort in knowing her spot remains there for her to lay on to watch over me, just like Mars will watch over you.

Thank you Lord Marz Blitzkrieg, for all you have given us here at DCF. Your legacy lives on long after your death. RIP handsome boy. Gone, but never forgotten. When you do write his memorial, Fred, I know it will be epic

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1