1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Male Lord Mars Blitzkrieg

Average User Rating:
5/5,
Breeder/Kennel:
Unknown BYB
Legal Owner/s:
Fred C
Stud Service?:
  • No
  1. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I think they get a little stiffer in cold weather too. Just ask Hubby and me. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. katie's mom

katie's mom Member

every time I lose a beloved pet, i swear im not going to get another one,,I just cant stand the pain. Then I get my heart stolen again, and off I go. Sometimes when I look at Katie, my heart breaks knowing that I will have to say goodby one day. It is a comfort to know that I will have such devoted Dobie owners to be able to turn to when my time comes. You are all wonderful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Gawd, that is so me. :(

4. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

My son's girl, Gigi, will be 8 in May. I took her for a long walk at the farm this past weekend and I noticed a big change. She started off with all the gusto in the world, running all over the place. Before we got back to the house she was walking at my pace. :( I told her there were rules in my family...no getting old. Hope she listens.

FWIW, I gave Greta cinnamon to help with her arthritis. I gave her the Ceylon, the true cinnamon.

An anti-inflammatory, cinnamon is great for senior dogs struggling with arthritis. With my K9 seniors, I’ve had great results mixing a half-teaspoon of cinnamon with a tablespoon of honey. This is the recipe used by researchers at Copenhagen University, where arthritis patients were able to walk without pain after just a week of taking cinnamon with honey every day. Yet more studies show that cinnamon can lower blood pressure and LDL cholesterol, and slow the growth of leukemia and lymphomacancer cells.

And here's the whole thing that tells all the benefits An Essential Spice for Dogs and Humans to Share

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. MyBuddy

That's enough for ME to start taking it!!

6. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Maybe I'll just get a cat next... no wait... It sucks just as much when they pass.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. FredC

FredC Guest

985aae2b64701473e223819df4988151.jpg

• Empathetic Empathetic x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. RiverRat

RiverRat Jr Member

One thing I know, our four legged friends were not special ordered for us. They were born and were facing an unknown life with some unknown person. Lucky for us and for them, we found each other. There is no way Sadie could have had more love, more wonderful adventures, and more care from anyone else. She was gone way too soon, but I have absolutely no doubt her life would have been far shorter and less enjoyable if anyone else had owned her. We can't keep them forever. We can only make sure the time they do have is pure quality and full of love.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. FredC

FredC Guest

First nice warm day of the year with the sun out. Thought it would be nice to get some fresh air and do some lawn work. Big mistake. His lawn burn from peeing on the kennel posts Are still there. Sounds stupid but man that rocked me good. Grrr I hate this. Today I find myself in a similar situation that led me to Mars in the first place. 8 years later I feel as if I've come full circle except then I got Mars as a puppy.. Today I have Kali a senior. I can't get over how far i come in 8 years just to wind up right back where I started. The only differences it seems like everything is just a little bit harder today then it was back then.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. MyBuddy

Totally get that. :( Its weird when something that seems trivial to someone else, has all the meaning in the world to you. Like a little 'burned' spot. I've had stuff like that happen and I have to keep my grief to myself because I know no one would understand what I'm feeling......except all of us here. It's a good spot to come and talk. And be told that we understand whats in your heart. And know that our hearts are all heavy with you. {{{HUGS}}}

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. GennyB

I get it. We had a nice day today and I thought I would go out and check for stuff coming up. I was doing my thing and I looked over at the spot where Greta used to lay........no Greta, so instant tears for me. She was always there. She had a perfect vantage point of the whole yard and would just stay there for hours, unless she got interrupted by a critter or something. Every so often she would come check in and make sure all was good.

Greta in her spot....
    goobie doo.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. FredC

FredC Guest

Well as of Monday Kali is officially older then Mars.. Kind of a milestone im relieved to have passed but at the same time it was a bitter sweet day..
    The following day i decided it was time to free up some loooong lost space in the living room and take both Mars ans Kalis Indoor Kennels down.. Kali hasnt slept in hers since Mars passed away so it only madr sense, but as hard as i tried i couldn't completely leave the space empty so i put Mars Bed back.. I guess it wasnt all that bad of an idea as Kali has taken right to it..
    DSCF0407 (Custom).JPG

(We Miss you Buddy)

• Like Like x 4
    • Empathetic Empathetic x 4
  13. GennyB

I understand. I still have some of Greta's stuff around here and there. I find myself picking it up and then putting it right back. It just reminds of the void. :(

14. bomary

bomary Hot Topics Subscriber

I am so glad you have Kali to fill that bed! Great idea to keep a "little bit of Mars" in his space. I try not to read the Memorials threads, but I can't help myself. It makes me worry a great deal because I stupidly did not find a Doberman forum until I needed help after Jax was already my baby. I suspect I did not do right by him as far as breeders, but lesson learned. I worry every single day that my heart might be broken way too soon. He is my baby boy and we will have fun and I will do every single thing I possibly can to ensure his life is happy and as healthy as can be. I so wish I had found you guys sooner so that I did not contribute to the problem. (I'm still not 100% sure, but I think I got "taken" when I was "weak" and not doing my homework.) In fact, until I came here, I had no clue of the extent of the homework I needed to do. I received empty promises from his "breeder" and have yet to see those promises come to fruition.
    I'm a stranger to you and I know it means little, but I am very sorry you lost Mars (such an impressive dog), and your "ramblings" are never incoherent! Everyone here understands your heartbreak, and even though I don't know you, I can tell you are one of the most loving owners of this breed.
    Thank you for your infinite knowledge and willingness to share it. As a newbie, I cannot believe the great help I have gotten from complete "real world" strangers on this forum. I have recommended the forum to anyone who has seen Jax and who is considering adding a Doberman to their family. I cannot say enough what this place means to me.
    I didn't mean to hijack!...just wanted you to know that your grief and your love of your Doberkids is not unnoticed. Kali looks very comfortable, and that empty space would have been a sad reminder every day.
    Thanks for everything you do.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 5
  15. MyBuddy

Kali looks very content there, Fred! Like she's waiting for you to playing something on that guitar to her! :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. FredC

FredC Guest

Funny you say that because Mars was my biggest fan. He used to sit on the couch and just watch. as long as I was playing he would watch me intently. Kali wasn't ever bothered by it one way or another and would always just go about her business regardless but I noticed lately when I turn on the guitar she goes into a spastic case of the zoomies. It is entertaining as hell and funny unfortunately I can never get it on video because when I play I use both my iPhone and my iPad and the old digital video camera is just too complicated to make a quick video anymore.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. MyBuddy

Ok, you can think I'm nutty, batty, whatever.....here's my thought on that ^^^^ , @FredC Mars 'hears' you play and is near, in spirit. Kali feels him and is happy. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. FredC

FredC Guest

I wanted to get back to this as soon as I realizedI didn't thank a few people who made this difficult period a bit easier. I've never experienced anything like The outpouring of support Mars and I received. I honestly didn't know how to react. The gifts, tributes and memorials were at minimum humbling. There was something about him no one could resist. He used to get so many compliments it made me feel bad for Kali. This is a wound that time is not healing I miss him more everyday. The nicer weather really has me mixed up.. It's strange being out there doing yard work without is ever watchful eyes on me at all times. Thank god for Kali. What what I do without her? I still talk to him everyday, I tell him I miss him. I tell him I'm sorry. And I tell him I love and hope our paths cross again someday. I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever be ready to fill the void he left behind. Ugh why is this still so difficult? I just don't know what to make of the fact that I'm still so profoundly affected by his absence. All this makes me feel like a little sissy with poor coping skills. When they were puppies I often wondered what the future would look like regarding me and the dogs and my family. I love Kali with all my heart and know that whatever I'm experiencing with Mars will be 10 times more difficult with her just because she's been my rock all these months. With that being said she really does seem to relish being the only dog.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  19. MyBuddy

No way. Never think 'sissy'!! Think a heart so full of love and compassion that losing, is one of the most painful thing to go through! I know it because I am the same way. And you can see by the outpouring here on DCF that there are Many like us! :)

I know it's my Mother and they are special too, but I still cry about her! It will be 2 years in July! And I am a firm believer in the Afterlife! So I know they are all in a better, happy place and STILL with us! But its still so painful to live without them! I still cry over all my lost animals. I just miss them so. Truth be known, this morning I was crying on my walk with the dogs. :( For some of the same reasons you are feeling sad right now. Loss. I don't do well with it either. I know you may not believe as I do, but I ask you to just open your mind to signs around you. I'm sure Mars has been at your side. :love: There's no such thing as a coincidence. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I think that's really special for both dogs and I bet Kali feels comfort in that special bed, in that special spot, which in turn probably comforts you.

• Like Like x 2