Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

How to Post Cropped Ears (Video)

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by Marinegeekswife, Jan 11, 2013.

1. TheDoberman

TheDoberman Notable member

Thank you for the information!! :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

That's what we're here for. :) Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheDoberman

TheDoberman Notable member

Thanks!!

4. adobedog

adobedog New Member

I have a 7 month old Doberman with a medium crop. We have been posting for 4 months. They stand when he is alert but are out to the sides when he's not...sometimes I feel like they will never stand. Do you think we still have hope for them standing full time?

5. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Absolutely - just keep it up. :) Some take longer than others but it's important to keep them posted all the time (aside from changing the posts and letting them breathe for an hour or two) and you will eventually get them to stand nicely.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I was just going to ask about this! I was trying to figure out how I would be able to bring a pup home, then bring him back to the breeder's vet for cropping... I plan on asking the breeder we choose about how they prefer to do things, but the 10-12 week thing sure did sound like it would be kind of late!

7. danceswithjuno

danceswithjuno Hot Topics Subscriber

Hi Jess! Great video!!
    We just got a puppy and he is 12 weeks old. His name is Listo (pronounced Leesto) the Spanish word for smart, ready.
    I noticed you did not use the surgical glue and I'm curious if you tried that method? Listo is still wearing a cup so I've got a few days to decide which method to use.

• Like Like x 2
  8. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Nice to see you again and congrats on your new pup!

9. Sweet_poison

Sweet_poison Hot Topics Subscriber

Thank you!! I have been posting up Scoobys ears with the glue. I dont like the glue so much. I think I will buy some of the paper tape tonight and repost them!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Marinegeekswife

It just was not as really available so I never tried it. Is he up at the shop yet? We've been meaning to come by anyway but really will if he's there. ;)

11. MicheleM

MicheleM Active Member

Great video!!!! Where did you buy the foam tubing from?

• Empathetic Empathetic x 1
  12. Marinegeekswife

Home Depot! You can get it at any home improvement store I bet. Just ask for the foam backer rod.

13. MicheleM

MicheleM Active Member

Thanks Jessica! We have a Home Depot here!

• Like Like x 1
  14. danceswithjuno

We would for you to come by the store! You are always welcome to train there. Listo will be coming to the store with us starting Tuesday.

• Like Like x 2
  15. danceswithjuno

Thank you!

16. Marinegeekswife

Can't wait to meet him! Hopefully we'll find a chance to come by this week.

17. danceswithjuno

We'll look forward to seeing you. I won't be there Thursday but any other day will be fine!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Marinegeekswife

No promises but we'll try.

19. Kandeebee

Kandeebee Notable member

How long do you keep the ears posted until you remove, and redo them? Also how long do you let the ears rest between posting?

My puppy had his ears cropped, and our vet is over an hour away, and I am not happy with them :( They put soo much tape on my poor puppy he got an infection and has lost most of the hair on his ears. I am going to start doing it myself and this video makes it look like I can do it :)

20. MicheleM

MicheleM Active Member

Losing hair from the tape is a given. I agree try to do it your self, it actually very easy. Watch the videos. I change tape every three days and let them air out for a few hours in between. If the ears smell bad there is a problem. Good luck and I'm sure you will do a great job taping

• Like Like x 3