Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Famous Dobermans!

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by Marinegeekswife, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

IcedEarthSomethingWickedArt.jpg
    Hooouuaagghhhh! Look at those Dobermans!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Nice pull.:thumbsup2:
    You listen to that stuff?
    I had never heard of them.
    Has a sort of Iron Maiden meets Queensryche but with a bit more edge feel.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oh Little Oji

You know I love metal, don't you? Yeah, I really like Iced Earth. They're from Florida, I believe. Pandora also has introduced me to a lot of European metal that I had never been exposed to: Blind Guardian, Falconer, Hammerfall and so on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DoberDan

DoberDan New Member

They are all cool :)

5. Oh Little Oji

Flipping around the channels tonight, we landed on a movie that turned out to be about dogs. Appeared to have as its lead characters a German Shepherd and a little white Chihuahua.

Just as we tuned in, the GSD was getting attacked and vanquished by a vicious Doberman. A lot of CGI in the film.

A bit later we saw the appearance of a huge pack of Chihuahuas, and the leader talking about the birthplace of the breed. Anyone know what this movie is called?

6. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Beverly Hills Chihuahua (2008) - IMDb ?

I never saw the movie...probably for good reason, LOL. It looked badly CGI'd and definitely cheesey. Kids eat it up though ;)

Beverly Hills Chihuahua: Rescued Video clip of the handsome dobe is here!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oh Little Oji

Ah. That makes sense and I seem to recall the name as well. The Chi did say she was from Beverly Hills when the wise leader Chi said Chihuahuas are from where they were (you know, where the Mayan temples are and such).

Also: Maybe the most unrealistic aspect of the film is the notion of a Doberman laying waste to a German Shepherd.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Oh Little Oji

Thanks for the clip. I just watched it. Ok, really? A Doberman in a dog-fighting ring? I notice there were no dogs in there that resembled Pit Bulls. It's making sense. The PC herd determined that depicting Bully breeds (or dogs that look overtly like them) would offend some, and perpetuate stereotypes.

What should I expect from Disney, though?.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rits

Oh yeah, they always have the same breeds playing the bad guys. I don't think being bred for protection AND being black helps our breed much for staying out of roles like that :( Always a first choice when it comes up, it seems. Same with Rotts.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. AresMyDobie

AresMyDobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Lol why couldn't they make it the other way around for once ? You have movies like Max where they make the mal so heroic and then the rotts are the bad guys dogs, why couldn't a dobe be a good guy for once ? And a Shepherd a bad guy ?

11. Drogon

Drogon $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

• Like Like x 2
  12. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I'll have to send this to Lisa.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rits

@Oh Little Oji - I think it was you that posted about Kevin Hart's dobe...? Look what I found browsing YT today. :D Its good to see him exercising his Dobe! Dobe even got worn out before he did so he had his wife come pick her up. Seems like an ok owner. :) Video title is click bait, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  14. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I don't know who he is but he's got a beautiful Doberman! :D

15. Oh Little Oji

Thank you! Yes, I think I did mention his having a Dobe. I would like to know how he arrived at the breed though. I always wonder. You don't usually have this breed by accident.

Also, I now have my weekly fill of profanity and it's only Monday morning.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Oh Little Oji

I don't really know who he is either, but then I don't keep up on much that is popular. I assume he is one of the crop of comedians turned actors. He and another tough black guy (Ice Cube, or Ice somebody?) made a humorous appearance on the most recent season of the Bachelor. They joined Ben on a date.

17. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Not sure if you've heard of the girl pop group, Little Mix? Anyways, their new video (Power!) feautures a Doberman. I haven't seen the video yet, not my sort of music and secondly I really dislike what they wear :wtf3:
    IMG_3625.JPG

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  18. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Never heard of them.

Wonder where they shot the video? Or how long they had to look for a C/D Dobe in the UK?

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  19. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Their designer needs to try a different drug. These costumes are way out there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Further reading and it appears the music video was filmed in LA.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1