• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

European Doberman Breeders - Sant Kreal and Others

Evenia

Novitiate
Hello!
I'm new to the forum and have browsed this thread completely and thanks to all those posts reduced my list of potential breeders a bit. I'm looking for a Doberman with a docked tail and cropped ears (primarily health reasons). I wish for a balanced character in the dog. I did my research about this breed for several years now and decided to look for a reputable breeder since I want to be in touch with the breeder directly rather than through a middle-man or broker. I'm actually from Germany (apologies for any mistakes), but the breeder doesn't have to live in Europe - I just want a healthy pup.

Now, so far my list looks like this:
Sant Kreal
Brutal Dragons
Pride of Russia

I'm not too sure about Pride of Russia, to be honest... I've heard and read that the longevity isn't great - so I'm being a bit cautious about this one.
I haven't heard too much about Sant Kreal or Brutal Dragons, thus I would appreciate hearing some of your experiences with these breeders - especially with Sant Kreal.
At first, I was looking at LiparLand but I noticed that they don't breed anymore, no?

By the way, I would be thankful for any other suggestions! The breeder doesn't have to have pups right now, I'm willing to wait for the perfect puppy.
Thanks in advance!

There is a website, looks to be Russian based, with health reports on dogs so you can look up dogs in pedigrees of interest to you or by kennel name. However, I'm pretty sure that this information is submitted voluntarily, so is surely lacking input from owners who don't want their breeding stock to look bad. So many have short lifespans, but that goes for all Dobermans everywhere. I'm assuming you are looking for a personal companion dog, not a working line dog since crop & dock is not allowed in competition anymore?

A place for you to start anyway:

Pedigrees of dobermanns

There is a website, looks to be Russian based, with health reports on dogs so you can look up dogs in pedigrees of interest to you or by kennel name. However, I'm pretty sure that this information is submitted voluntarily, so is surely lacking input from owners who don't want their breeding stock to look bad. So many have short lifespans, but that goes for all Dobermans everywhere. I'm assuming you are looking for a personal companion dog, not a working line dog since crop & dock is not allowed in competition anymore?

A place for you to start anyway:

Pedigrees of dobermanns
First of all, thank you for your response!

I've already used this website in advance which helped me narrow down my list already, but nevertheless thank you for the suggestion! I've seen that Sant Kreal dogs have generally rather good longevity, which is why they are higher on my list. Sadly, I can't find any posts or experiences specifically with them (or Brutal Dragons) so I decided to ask around here. (How are the breeders - do they seem responsible? How are their puppies? Where there any hick-ups or do any 'red flags' exist?) I wish to choose the right pup from a sensible breeder, so I think my concern is legitimate. :sweatsmile:

And, regarding competitions: No, I'm not looking to do any of these, but I would love to do some training in our free-time - I was looking at obedience and perhaps agility or 'nose work' (not too sure if that's the right English word)...we'll see. I'm also looking into Schutzhund (VPG in Germany) but I'm not too sure about that. I definitely need to inform myself more about this sport.

Welcome!

I wish I had more knowledge of breeders of European Dobermanns.

I do know that there is a breeder who is a member here, @DanBar , who breeds European Dobes; however she tends to value working titles in the pedigree if I'm not mistaken, and she values a Dobe having that working drive (like for IGP work). She also puts crops on her Dobes that are not as long as most Dobe breeders of today. I appreciate that, actually, as I think a long crop is antithetical to the main reason for cropping. She has a website: DanBar Ranch. She also breeds old-style Boston Terriers, and old-style Cairns, but she turned over the breeding of one of those small breeds to a friend.

Note: I just tried to pull up DanBar Ranch's website and it seems to be temporarily down.

Welcome!

I wish I had more knowledge of breeders of European Dobermanns.

I do know that there is a breeder who is a member here, @DanBar , who breeds European Dobes; however she tends to value working titles in the pedigree if I'm not mistaken, and she values a Dobe having that working drive (like for IGP work). She also puts crops on her Dobes that are not as long as most Dobe breeders of today. I appreciate that, actually, as I think a long crop is antithetical to the main reason for cropping. She has a website: DanBar Ranch. She also breeds old-style Boston Terriers, and old-style Cairns, but she turned over the breeding of one of those small breeds to a friend.
Thanks for the response!

I've actually already looked at the website and I do still think that this is a reputable breeder - I've read positive things about her in a couple of posts. But, as far as I know, she doesn't ship internationally, I think? "Only case by case" or something along those lines was said on the website?

Thanks for the response!

I've actually already looked at the website and I do still think that this is a reputable breeder - I've read positive things about her in a couple of posts. But, as far as I know, she doesn't ship internationally, I think? "Only case by case" or something along those lines was said on the website?
Oh cool. I guess I blew that part off for obvious reasons.

First of all, thank you for your response!

I've already used this website in advance which helped me narrow down my list already, but nevertheless thank you for the suggestion! I've seen that Sant Kreal dogs have generally rather good longevity, which is why they are higher on my list. Sadly, I can't find any posts or experiences specifically with them (or Brutal Dragons) so I decided to ask around here. (How are the breeders - do they seem responsible? How are their puppies? Where there any hick-ups or do any 'red flags' exist?) I wish to choose the right pup from a sensible breeder, so I think my concern is legitimate. :sweatsmile:

And, regarding competitions: No, I'm not looking to do any of these, but I would love to do some training in our free-time - I was looking at obedience and perhaps agility or 'nose work' (not too sure if that's the right English word)...we'll see. I'm also looking into Schutzhund (VPG in Germany) but I'm not too sure about that. I definitely need to inform myself more about this sport.
My dog is by an imported Sant Kreal dog out of an American/Euro working (Schutzhund) line. I will say she's striking and gorgeous, conformationally correct in all ways. Her sire was good looking, but he died of sudden death at just under 8 years old. He had passed all the yearly heart exams prior to the breeding that produced my dog, but this is what can happen. Since he was imported and standing in America I have no idea about the Sant Kreal kennel. Obviously they have bred thousands of Dobermans over many many years, some very good & proven. Since I cannot know whether my girls personality comes more from her sire or dam line, and also because the Sant Kreal dogs could differ amongst themselves in temperament, I would recommend contacting them and asking what character or temperament they are breeding for now. You can see hundreds of photos of my dog on this forum if you search my name. She is extremely good at nose work, doing obedience classes and just started training in IGP.

My dog is by an imported Sant Kreal dog out of an American/Euro working (Schutzhund) line. I will say she's striking and gorgeous, conformationally correct in all ways. Her sire was good looking, but he died of sudden death at just under 8 years old. He had passed all the yearly heart exams prior to the breeding that produced my dog, but this is what can happen. Since he was imported and standing in America I have no idea about the Sant Kreal kennel. Obviously they have bred thousands of Dobermans over many many years, some very good & proven. Since I cannot know whether my girls personality comes more from her sire or dam line, and also because the Sant Kreal dogs could differ amongst themselves in temperament, I would recommend contacting them and asking what character or temperament they are breeding for now. You can see hundreds of photos of my dog on this forum if you search my name. She is extremely good at nose work, doing obedience classes and just started training in IGP.
Alright, thank you for sharing your experience!

I contacted them not too long ago, still waiting for an answer. I also asked a couple of other questions regarding health testing, vet checks, the whole procedure in general (transportation etc.), and how the pups are growing up the first couple of months - in what environment and what not. Let's wait and see.. Any suggestions on what other questions to ask to make sure that it is a trustworthy breeder?

You could check out Infinity Amoris. I cannot vouch 100% for her, but she was very friendly and open. It wouldn't hurt to contact her as well. Infinity Amoris – Dobermanns

BTW, their pups cost 2000 euros both cropped or uncropped.

If I may, who is Asha's sire?

Back