Doberman Shenanigans, Fails, & Accidents (What are your stories?)

I shuddered at that. Poor pup. I bet he was in awful pain and knew standing still would be his best bet to feel better faster.

It's really touching how much trust he has in me. When I had him chipped he bucked off two adults while wearing a prong, they wanted to even muzzle him but I held him instead and again stood like a rock. The needle, and I use that term generally because it's huge and gave me the heebie jeebies, had to hurt. I am also the only person who can trim his nails. Total mamas boy!

Also something small that I think is sweet that every time I come home, he greets me with a toy.

It's really touching how much trust he has in me. When I had him chipped he bucked off two adults while wearing a prong, they wanted to even muzzle him but I held him instead and again stood like a rock. The needle, and I use that term generally because it's huge and gave me the heebie jeebies, had to hurt. I am also the only person who can trim his nails. Total mamas boy!

Also something small that I think is sweet that every time I come home, he greets me with a toy.

What’s funny is, my dudes a total daddy’s boy. Always has to be next to me, or keep his eyes on me. Even during training sessions with the trainer, my gf does half the session with him, he’ll just stare at me wherever I’m at in the room. Stares at me creepily when I use the bathroom, when I sleep.

But, he will not let me get near him with a dremel or clippers. Regardless of what I do, treats, pets or anything bribing. It literally turns into WWE hell in a cell match. Things getting knocked off the table, mid air body slams and general chaos. However, anyone else can trim his nails and he has zero problems with it, it’s just me. Lol

When dobes are with their humans they usually are rocks. When Jasmine got her shots, stitches removed, and physical checks or basically anything she's just standing there regal AF. The vet always says how he can't believe how calm she is.

I hear ya, privacy goes out the door with these dogs! He is always within feet of me, inside outside and cries watching me leave for work through the bay window. He also whines if I close the bathroom door, like how blasphemic it is for me to use the facilities without his support?

Have you ever clipped a nail short before? I did barely ONCE and it took some time to convince him it was an accident and wasn't going to happen again. He didn't bleed or anything but yelped. Now the deal is he gets a whole slice of cheese after the deal is done hehe

Slightly unrelated, but I live in upstate SC very close to western NC and the wildlife is unreal! We love it but alas haven't been chased by anything. Yet!

He also whines if I close the bathroom door, like how blasphemic it is for me to use the facilities without his support?

Slightly unrelated, but I live in upstate SC very close to western NC and the wildlife is unreal! We love it but alas haven't been chased by anything. Yet!

The bathroom thing is annoying. If Jasmine can't see /be with me when I'm in the facilities she's crying. I keep telling myself its because she's 14 weeks but in the back of mind I know it's a lie I'm telling myself.

I know SC really well. I actually attended USC (go cocks!) and of course you know Myrtle Beach is the place to be (not really but you know).

Not being chased by wildlife is luck. I've been chased by wild turkeys too. That was fun. :banghead:

As far as nail trimming I catch them on the rare occasion they are laying down. Then I just sit next to them and start trimming. They just lay there, then when I am done filing they jump up and get the rips (zoomies), running all over the place then stop abruptly and sit perfectly for a treat.

The whole bathroom thing came up in our research so we were aware he would try it but we've never allowed it. He used to try to follow me into the bathroom like as if I could be tricked into it but I always asked him to sit and wait for me outside the door. Now he just does it naturally. As a younger dog he would sneak away and check counter tops :rolleyes: and he returned to position before I opened the door again :dobe: but now he just stays in place waiting :)

I've been to Charleston but not Myrtle Beach, I'm originally from south Florida on the gulf coast so beaches are nothing new to me! I stick close to the mountains. The turkeys here are crazy, there are far more days I see them than not! And they are BIG.

I've been to Charleston but not Myrtle Beach, I'm originally from south Florida on the gulf coast so beaches are nothing new to me! I stick close to the mountains. The turkeys here are crazy, there are far more days I see them than not! And they are BIG.

Ahh nice. My great grandma retired in Florida. lol

Wild turkeys... They're big and mean too. Also they think they're as big as humans and will go after you. So many marching band practices in high school were delayed or canceled because a huge group of wild turkeys decided to leave the woods and hang out on our practice field.

I hear ya, privacy goes out the door with these dogs! He is always within feet of me, inside outside and cries watching me leave for work through the bay window. He also whines if I close the bathroom door, like how blasphemic it is for me to use the facilities without his support?

Have you ever clipped a nail short before? I did barely ONCE and it took some time to convince him it was an accident and wasn't going to happen again. He didn't bleed or anything but yelped. Now the deal is he gets a whole slice of cheese after the deal is done hehe

Never clipped one too short, he just doesn’t like me doing his nails. It has to be a female doing it, other mails have tried (vet and breeder) and he fights them like he’s gonna die. A female does it he lets them with no fight. Lol.

As far as the bathroom thing, I’ve actually pissed on Rex’s head. He followed me into the bathroom and I didn’t notice. I was peeing and he plopped his head between my legs and I pissed all over his head. Lol.

Since he has to follow me he gets put into a sit and waits until I’m done while watching. If I’m going #2 he waits at the door with it closed. Lol. Tried once and he kept putting his head on my lap when I was trying to wipe. I put an end to that immediately. Lol

As far as the bathroom thing, I’ve actually pissed on Rex’s head. He followed me into the bathroom and I didn’t notice. I was peeing and he plopped his head between my legs and I pissed all over his head.

LOL
It's currently 1:20am in Seoul and your post caused me to burst out laughing. :sob::sob::sob:

Back