Barn Hunt Chat

Because the judge didn't immediately call FAULT and asked WHERE is a very good, but not 100%, indication of a rat being there. 1) A bedding tube was placed near a rat tube. Or 2) It's also possible there is no bedding tube and the handler was pointing too far away from the rat.

The rule for removing a bedding tube in Crazy8s is if it's removed from the straw before the judge calls FAULT, it's removed from the ring.
This is great info! I’ve been learning the rules one level at a time (mainly so I don’t get confused with too much info, haha) and Crazy8s seems really fun and a little more forgiving.

Love the pics of you and AJ!

Ripley just had a 7 second Novice run this morning!! I'll share more once I pickup her ribbon and she's done showing in conformation but I was so excited I had to share 😁😁😁

Ripley just had a 7 second Novice run this morning!! I'll share more once I pickup her ribbon and she's done showing in conformation but I was so excited I had to share 😁😁😁
Wow! What did she do, shoot through the tunnel, jump on an element and find the rat there? Congratulations on a super run!

Wow! What did she do, shoot through the tunnel, jump on an element and find the rat there? Congratulations on a super run!
Pretty much! I watched Open before our Novice run and there was a rat in their course elevated directly on the other side of the tunnel, where she initially went after zooming through the tunnel. I noticed when setting her up that she did want to go to the right (where the rat was) when I had her in the start box but I aimed her at the tunnel to make sure she got that element out of the way. I know in Novice the tunnels are set up that way to be fairly easy and won't always be but I hate ending on the tunnel as I see so many dogs that seem to know tunnel means fun time is over and often don't tunnel because of it!

We haven't done barn hunt since she was a puppy (she's almost 4 now) so I could have called a second or so sooner but I REALLY wanted to make sure she wasn't hitting litter her first time back.

Listen with sound so you hear her enthusiasm 😂

We received a high in class with our time and this was a huge cluster at the Kentuckiana show in Louisville! Also our first novice Q. 😁 I had entered her for 5 trials hoping we would get in so we could bring home a new title but we were waitlisted for all but one. Too bad because we totally could have ran when there were so many marked absent...

Compress_20240320_192749_9785.jpg

She was too funny though. We had to walk a bit from our grooming set up and show rings to the barn hunt setup. Soon as we passed the hall with the barnhunt and rats about 100ft away, her attitude immediately changed and she went from calm and collected to BANANAS 😅 She didn't forget the smell of a 🐀 that's for sure! I waited until the last minute to go into the blind and immediately apologized upon entry to our blind mates for her inevitable singing 😂

Soon as we passed the hall with the barnhunt and rats about 100ft away, her attitude immediately changed and she went from calm and collected to BANANAS
Like Asha seeing the Fast Cat set-up at the show grounds last November. Hadn't seen a FC for 2 years and she came unglued when she heard the zinging of the bag and then saw it. Instant Monster! LOL.

Back