Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Attention/crate training

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by HakuTheDoberman, May 29, 2019.

1. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Personally I think he will grow out of it. My two did. Now I can’t keep them from wanting my hands on them 24/7.:pullhair:

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Don’t realize how much they have grown till you look at older photos :,(

I wish his ribs wouldn’t be so noticeable lol he eats properly and is proper weight they just are so prominent, I don’t want people think we are starving the dude aha

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lizbeli

Lizbeli Hot Topics Subscriber

He could just be a bit “ribby” as a pup. My guy came to me with a healthy belly but sometimes would look thin standing or laying a certain way. He grew out of it and at almost 6mths he is getting a bit more of an athletic look. He is kind of in a funky stage right now where is seems to be growing more long than tall XD

• Agree Agree x 1

4. I know ahahha his proportions make me laugh sometimes. Only when he stands his ribs show like that laying down and sitting he’s okay, but he will grow into his body soon enough. :tearsofjoy:

Attached Files:

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  5. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

He’s full of energy, he’s got bright eyes and a good looking coat, he’s doing great. He’ll probably go through a sporadic growth period right up until 1yr of age.
    Do you weigh him regularly? That’s always a good way to keep an idea on his growth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Good to hear!:) and right now only weighed at vet apointments since he’s had a couple in the last two months but after then when he Dosent go as often we will prob take him to our local pet store that has a scale to weigh dogs to check his progress every month!

Will be finding out his current weight this Friday

3 months old so should be around 30 pounds right?

7. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

This is a great thread about puppy weight...

Doberman puppy owners - track your weight gain here

And yes, 3 months and 30llbs sounds on track :) I think my previous boy was around 28lbs at 12 weeks.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1