• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

And just like that..........

GennyB

Hot Topics Subscriber
He's gone. He took a HUGE piece of my heart with him.
I gotta give it to him, he gave this horrible disease a good fight. But DCM won.
My family and I are left to pick up the pieces of our hearts........

upload_2019-8-30_16-29-57.jpeg

I'm still in shock Genny and I can't even imagine how devastated you and your family are. :(

He's had the very best possible life with you right to the end and you were with him to the end.

Run free handsome Drake... :sorrow:

He'll always be in your heart and of course all of ours too. I was privileged enough to meet him and Greta in person and I'll never forget them.
Genny and drake by flowers.JPG

I am still in disbelief too. Such a sad sad day. This disease takes you by surprise. So sudden. He was such a great dog! If there's any consolation in this it's that he went quickly. That always seems so easy for the animal or person who has passed on. But for the people left behind, it's devastating. And way too soon. I'm so sorry! I'm still crying. If there's anything I can do for you, please let me know. Rest in peace, Drake.

I really thought we had more time. All indications were there was no progression. I keep asking myself what happened?

The day started like so many. I took the dogs out then we came in and I sat down at my desk. Drake crawled under my desk to lay on my feet like he does every morning. I'm going through emails and charting out the day for the crews that would be starting work soon. I hear a long sigh and knew he was gone. I tried CPR but it was over.
Rumor nearly finished me off when she laid down by him. Now she is my saving grace because she has been so incredibly sweet. She gets up and walks around the house looking for her brother, otherwise she is glued to me. Licks my hand likes she's telling it's gonna be okay.
I'm beside myself with grief. I wanted more time. I just wasn't ready to say goodbye...

[[[HUGS]]] Nothing I can say will make this go away or even make it feel better. Just know that we all are grieving with you. I hate when we lose any one of our dog's here. I hope Rumor can give you some comfort. I know how difficult it is when they don't understand and are searching for their buddies. :( But she will be clinging to you, and you to her. I hope you can find some Peace together.

Oh my heavens, I’m so sorry! :sorrow: I also thought he was doing fine. This is so unexpected and the story of how it happened...hearing him sigh...I hope Rumor will bring you some comfort during this time. I’m so sorry for what you and your family must be going through now :(

I hope Rumor can give you some comfort.

She's certainly trying. Gotta love that girl, she can read me like a book. She is just stuck to my side for the time being. Even though she's a working dog, she gets free time to just be her. Her free time last night was spent laying right next to me. She is ever so still and comforting with an occasional lick to my hand or nuzzle of my stomach to let me she's there. I love that girl!

You have my deepest condolences, @GennyB! I’m so so sorry :( I’m in total shock here!

I know your heart is heavy with grief. You’ll grieve deeply but at the same time remember to embrace the love you had for him, smile at the memories he gave you and laugh at all the times he did silly things.
You loved him well, just as he loved you.

There was a deep and abiding love between the two of you...and everyone he met. He was a wonderful boy and your life has been blessed. My heart truly goes out to you Genny. Stay strong and i’m sure sweet Rumor will help keep you going.

Run free, sweet Drake :sorrow:

So sorry Genny, our thoughts and prayers go out to you. I know no words can ease the pain you feel. I was just remembering of Waine telling the story of Drake always breaking out and him finding Drake On his couch. Always brings a smile to my face. He is with Greta now.

:( I’m so sorry.
I really thought we had more time. All indications were there was no progression. I keep asking myself what happened?

The day started like so many. I took the dogs out then we came in and I sat down at my desk. Drake crawled under my desk to lay on my feet like he does every morning. I'm going through emails and charting out the day for the crews that would be starting work soon. I hear a long sigh and knew he was gone. I tries CPR but it was over.
Rumor nearly finished me off when she laid down by him. Now she is my saving grace because she has been so incredibly sweet. She gets up and walks around the house looking for her brother, otherwise she is glued to me. Licks my hand likes she's telling it's gonna be okay.
I'm beside myself with grief. I wanted more time. I just wasn't ready to say goodbye...
So many thoughts here I can’t wrangle them into words.
Your last 3 sentences. I can so identify with.
It just doesn’t feel fair.

Back