1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

And just like that..........

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by GennyB, Aug 30, 2019.

1. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Well it's been a week today. Still such a heavy heart, I miss him!
    Tomorrow would have been his birthday, not looking forward to that...:cry:
    He's back home now, I picked up his ashes on Wednesday. :(
    One of the groups we worked with in our therapy work took up a collection for us. They wanted us to have a special place to keep his ashes so they came up with this idea. Unique Cremation Jewelry and Glass Paperweights with Cremains
    I have decided to go with the heart shape and put some of both, Drake and Greta ashes. Drake's color is blue and Greta didn't really have a color so I'm going with yellow because she is my sunshine.
    upload_2019-9-6_6-22-24.png

Drake and Greta together forever...

The outpouring and condolences through phone calls, texts, emails and over course visits from the people that loved him has been amazing. My house is full of gifts, cards, flowers and little tokens of what he meant to people. I could never express my appreciation for all the love shown.
    Drake, I can't thank you enough for letting me be part of such an amazing journey. While I'm incredibly sad to see you go, I find some comfort in knowing you're running free with your best buds, Goobs and Sweet G. You made the world a better place for so many people.You are loved and will be missed forever....

• Appreciation Appreciation x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

So beautiful! And, yes, I'm sure he made the world a better place for a lot of people! :love:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

The heart is a great idea, it will serve as a visual reminder of the love you all shared. Tomorrow is his birthday, sigh, that will be a hard one :sorrow: Stay strong.

4. GennyB

happy birthday in heaven.jpg

• Appreciation Appreciation x 5
  5. MyBuddy

"The Gift of knowing you..."

How true! We are all blessed to have them in our lives.:love:

Happy Birthday, Drake.

6. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

That piece of glass with Ashes and what it represents is about the best idea I’ve seen as far as remembering.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I absolutely love the idea of the heart and putting both of their ashes in there.

Happy Birthday sweet Drake. We will never forget you.

8. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

That is such a beautiful glass Heart. Happy Birthday Drake.

9. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Hot Topics Subscriber

Best Birthday wishes Drake, you will be in remembered with love and appreciation.

10. GennyB

Isn't it though? I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before. When the director of the program gave me the card there was just the check and a note with the website included. I thought it was just going to be urns, boy was I surprised.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Doberman21

Doberman21 New Member

So sorry for your loss, but know it can only get better from here.

12. GennyB

It's been just over a month and I'm still pretty broken. He was such a huge part of my life and now he's gone. The only thing left is a HUGE hole and Rumor. Thank God for Rue. I can't imagine any other dog being at my side right now to help me through this. She gets me. Something about her ways tells me she understands and wants to help.
    But Drake...:cry: I loved that boy and we shared so many firsts, I didn't want to let him go.

my favorite hello.jpg

13. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Ugh, I can’t imagine how gut wrenching this must be, but Rue wants to help you through this and that is a beautiful thing. I’m sure she is missing her partner in crime as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Now I am crying again. I followed everything you posted that was Drake related and absolutely fell in love with him over the years. My heart is heavy for you.
    I loved his mudding as my twins are huge mudders too. Now every time Bogie and Bacall roll and play in the mud, I think of Drake.
    His love was unconditional and his memory is laced with all the compassion he had for those in need of him with his therapy work, the joy and smiles he brought to so many. It’s laced with his love and protectiveness of you and what you shared with him.
    I think of Drake and I see love and I see you.

15. Rodyboy

Rodyboy Jr Member

It isn't fair, I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to be without them. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

16. GennyB

He taught that part to Rue. :rolleyes: We called him mud dauber and her Miss Piggy. :spit:
    I know lots of people are bothered by that. I actually enjoy it, nothing like watching dogs have the time of their lives.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. MyBuddy

I hate this disease and what it does to us. Sitting here crying for you and another new member who is going through the same thing this morning. And doesn't even know what happened. Such a horrible disease that takes our beloved animals so quickly and leaves us in confusion and heartbreak. It just isn't fair. I'm so sorry you're still in pain. :( My heart aches for everyone who lost their best friend.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. GennyB

ME TOO! Sometimes I get really excited by the research being done. I think GREAT! we're going to get this figured out. :woot:
    Remember the discovery of the first markers? Dobe lovers were so excited to think we may have found the key. We now know that it's just a needle in a haystack and doesn't mean as much as we thought. The answer is out there, I pray we find it soon.

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. GennyB

Today marks 2 months. Is it any easier? Some days. I can talk about him without completely losing it. Sometimes I actually smile at the memories but there is still this big painful hole in my heart. I MISS him!

A lot of the high schools around here host craft shows to raise money for the marching band. We went this past weekend and one of the band members walked up to me. He started with "You probably don't remember me..." And proceeded to tell me how the team of Drake and Greta changed his life. He was that nerdy kid that didn't fit in and somehow our program to stop bullying gave him the confidence to be him and do it proudly. No doubt D &G don't get all the credit here, my guess his parents did their share to help, but it was a wonderful feeling to know my dogs help plant the seed. This kid now owns a dobie name Roy that does therapy work. He also hopes to attend a prominent music school and go on the play in a symphony orchestra. How cool is that?

• Appreciation Appreciation x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  20. GennyB

waiting at the door.png