Examples of ears that are almost done?

StateOfMine

Hot Topics Subscriber
Flint's ears stand upright while he is alert. It's been about 2 weeks out of posts and they don't fold forward. They do seem very very floppy when he runs though.

I have the tips in breathe right strips. I honestly can't tell if they weigh his ears down while he runs or while his ears are just positioned back but good lord they just seem flimsy. Is it because his ears are so long? They're erect just fine except when he has them back then the bounce a lot.

I might be able to get a video later, but if anyone with long eared dobes that are cropped and done posting could show me a video of what they look like in motion that would help me a lot.

Flint is hard to post alone and my husband honestly just sucks and has a tantrum anytime he has to get involved with anything. If he has to go back up in posts that would be... not awesome news.

I would take the tape off, it looks to be too tight and could be impairing circulation. Tips of ears easily turn black and necrotic.

I would take that off immediately.

I am super busy right now but will post more on this and a solution ASAP.

IMG_1832.png
You may not have it as tight as it looks in the picts but there’s no way I would chance it. It is so easy to cause damage and we have seen it on here many times.

If his ears are strong and not folding over been out of post for two weeks, then I would not be concerned with putting posts back in.

Having flippy ears is very common…
IMG_0015.jpegIMG_0107.jpeg

I would like to see a picture of where his tips are bending over or flippy.

I know with Ragnar, I had to shave the hair on inside of ears and used finger nail glue to keep the Breathe Rite strips on- and in the very beginning of it I actually had the breathe rite strips vertical on top of each other because one breathe rite strip was not long enough not to support the tips vertically.
IMG_1833.png
I would cut up or fabricate another strip and add to the bottom of this one if needed.

Here's Asha at 10 months zooming with Reckless. I think I was done with breathe rite strips by then, but they were still pretty floppy in motion. Last photo is same day after zoomies were over.

Attachments

• P1300213.JPG
    P1300213.JPG
    859 KB · Views: 2
  • fullsizeoutput_157.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_157.jpeg
    416.6 KB · Views: 2
  • P1300182.JPG
    P1300182.JPG
    570.8 KB · Views: 2
Definitely use skin adhesive and not tape to keep the breathe rights on longer. It'll cut down on weight too which can bend the ear forward or back.

To me, his right ear looks a little not done. Even when not moving it is curling back compared to his left.
1713578403152.png

The very tippy tips will always flop a little when they move.

Definitely use skin adhesive and not tape to keep the breathe rights on longer. It'll cut down on weight too which can bend the ear forward or back.

To me, his right ear looks a little not done. Even when not moving it is curling back compared to his left.
View attachment 145712

The very tippy tips will always flop a little when they move.
The play videos 🥰😍 ok so tips flippy when they move is a normal thing? I’m going through this now have reposted bc tips flip when Pepper runs. Slight bend at tips going backwards, but I think that’s normal too? This is when she’s just alert and ears are up.

I’m dying to be done, but also want the ears done correctly.

The play videos 🥰😍 ok so tips flippy when they move is a normal thing? I’m going through this now have reposted bc tips flip when Pepper runs. Slight bend at tips going backwards, but I think that’s normal too? This is when she’s just alert and ears are up.

I’m dying to be done, but also want the ears done correctly.
Definitely normal for the tips to move around a bit, especially if they are going fast. Here’s a few of Remy’s FastCat pictures so you can see all of the weird things the ears do lol. In the first pictures he’s about 10.5 months old and just turned a year in the rest.

When he’s running slower his ears stay pretty solid. The tips may move a little, but usually not as much as they did in those pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_5708.jpeg
    IMG_5708.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7247.jpeg
    IMG_7247.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7246.jpeg
    IMG_7246.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7249.jpeg
    IMG_7249.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 1
Definitely normal for the tips to move around a bit, especially if they are going fast. Here’s a few of Remy’s FastCat pictures so you can see all of the weird things the ears do lol. In the first pictures he’s about 10.5 months old and just turned a year in the rest.

When he’s running slower his ears stay pretty solid. The tips may move a little, but usually not as much as they did in those pictures.
Thank you! He’s so darn handsome!!!

he play videos 🥰😍
That's Revel's dad Ripley is playing with and baby Revel in the posts 🥰

ok so tips flippy when they move is a normal thing?
I'd say when they are running, yes. The harder they run the more they will. In Ripley's trot video they stay mostly solid except one is more flippy. It's also the one I believe I was posting longer lol. The other one looks solid all the way through.

That's Revel's dad Ripley is playing with and baby Revel in the posts 🥰

I'd say when they are running, yes. The harder they run the more they will. In Ripley's trot video they stay mostly solid except one is more flippy. It's also the one I believe I was posting longer lol. The other one looks solid all the way through.
I meant to say The not he 🤦‍♀️ super cute video with baby Revel 🥰

Ok cool thank you.

I agree with picking up some Torbot medical adhesive, and apply a thin coat of glue to the breath rite strip, AND the tip of the ear....then let both get tacky before applying. You won't need tape then.

Oh man Flint's ears definitely flip around more than that but hes got more ear than Ripley too I think.

The right ear is definitely weaker too. Should it be in a post again? I thought/hoped a breathe right strip would be enough.

Should it be in a post again?
I would probably post just that ear again if you want it to not curl back as much and breathe right the other since the left looks pretty straight.

Back