Throw Back Thursday

I'm about 10 years kid here I think. I was in heaven because I got to take riding lessons after begging for years for a horse. It was the best my parents could do since they knew nothing about horses. They thought I'd "outgrow" my horse crazyness, but they were wrong about that. This was a thoroughbred jumper named Sedgwick
Omg, this could have been written about me! I begged my parents for years too! They, too, finally took me to a place near Darien, around I55 and East of Lemont road. @LifeofRubie is probably the only one here that might know the area. 😉 It used to be The American Pony Club. There I took jumping lessons on a huge thoroughbred named Jester. Later they let me lease him. We paid board and I was the only one who could ride him. I still took lessons and rode every chance someone would drive me! I loved it! I was about 13 years old I think. I have photo somewhere! Standing next to him he was so tall!

Years later, the club was gone 😔 and Hendrickson trucking built a huge building on the land. I haven't been that way in years and my husband said it's changed hands once again.

It always made me sad whenever I drove by and saw all that concrete. Ever since I was a kid I've hated seeing "progress" pushing the stables further and further away. 😖😟
 
Here's a throwback of my boy, Stilts, when he was just a foal. This is the picture on his papers. Look at the legs on that boy! He was born in April of 2002. I brought him home as a two and a half year old.
20230428_073532.webp
Here is both sides of him this year for comparison.
20230504_115854.webp
20230504_115818.webp
 
I'm about 10 years kid here I think. I was in heaven because I got to take riding lessons after begging for years for a horse. It was the best my parents could do since they knew nothing about horses. They thought I'd "outgrow" my horse crazyness, but they were wrong about that. This was a thoroughbred jumper named Sedgwick. This wasn't a lesson day, my uncle & aunt and a cousin were visiting and I asked if I could show them my lesson horse. His owner was there riding him, so she let me sit on him for a photo while I was there with family and relatives. I think I probably wanted to prove to them all that I could ride. :rofl: It was totally foreign to them - I have zero family or extended family that was ever remotely interested in horses.

View attachment 134711
I was horse crazy too! Will have to dig up my old pics.😊
 
I found some puppy pictures of Asha. On another thread we were talking about observing the litter for personality from day one. I never thought about it at the time, and besides I didn't know which puppy would be mine for weeks yet, but even before her eyes were open, Asha always made sure she was on top. (Pink collar) Sept. 2019

IMG_0094.webpIMG_2080.webp
 
I found some puppy pictures of Asha. On another thread we were talking about observing the litter for personality from day one. I never thought about it at the time, and besides I didn't know which puppy would be mine for weeks yet, but even before her eyes were open, Asha always made sure she was on top. (Pink collar) Sept. 2019

View attachment 136064View attachment 136065
Is she squished underneath though in the first picture? :D
 
I believe he was about 6 weeks old here. The breeder sent me pictures of the males and I didn’t know which one was mine yet. Out of the 3 he was the only one not looking directly at the camera, but for whatever reason I was still drawn to him. Oddly enough he was the green collar boy and I had already ordered a green collar and leash set. I guess it was meant to be!

In the picture he did have a hematoma on his head from playing. It was gone before I picked him up!
A2C4556A-94FB-4F1C-849D-E7C458E74600.webp
 

Back
Top