1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Sosthenes/Cato DCF gift thread

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by DocReverto, Nov 17, 2012.

1. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

To add this does not get sent out until 4 o'clock tomorrow. If you would still like to send a message I will need it by 3:30 tomorrow evening. Any later and I will not be able to do it.

The package will be overnighted to be sure it is not missed in the Christmas rush.

Thank you all for entrusting me with this task. Making the plaque proved to be insanely difficult, but I believe the sentiment is still shown through this gift. I'm proud to be a member of a community that cares so much.

• Like Like x 7
  2. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Done. :)

BTW, I don't mind if you share mine since it was pretty abbreviated after I already talked to on the phone and told her my sentiments in person. :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Thank you!!

Here is Jan's.

Bob made a huge impact on our Doberman community and we will never forget him. Please know that we're always here for you Deb.
    Jan Schmid

• Like Like x 6
  4. fehnder

fehnder Hot Topics Subscriber

You all got me crying again! Boo all of you lol!

• Like Like x 5
  5. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Me too! I am such a sap that wears my heart on my sleeve. Sometimes I really wish I could toughen up the old ticker so I don't cry all the time. I just hate to see people or animals in pain.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

Beautiful job, Matt. I know she'll appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh, Matt, it's lovely!!! You did a wonderful job! Thank you so much! Unbelievable the effort you have put into this. Bob is smiling, I know!

And I'm smiling a bit too............at the "coincidences" again! Remember, I don't believe in them. ;) Rather I think of them as a sign, or a connection maybe........something other than just coincidences. Well, I swear to you just two days ago I thought of your project here and wondered how you were doing.....is it finished.....did I maybe miss the posting thread of it........and suddenly, here it is. :D Great Job, Matt. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  8. JanS

I just received a phone call from Deb and she was overwhelmed with the thoughtfulness and touching letters. She started crying as soon as she started talking about it so of course I did too thinking about it.

She said that Matt did a perfect job of picking out the beautiful chest and cross to match Bob's personality (I agree). She reads all of the letters over and over again and sometimes cries and is always comforted by the fact that so many people truly care. She also put all of the cards and letters she received from the funeral in there, along with the letters he sent her before they got married since it's such a special place to keep all of his things together.

I guess that Cato is doing well and the family who took him in absolutely loves him. His training is also going well and the new family said they've never seen a smarter dog so I'm glad it all worked out so well with him. They said she could come and visit any time, but she feels that isn't for the best since he might wonder why she left him behind again when she leaves and I understand her sentiments there.

• Like Like x 9
  9. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

This makes it all worth it.
    I saw the letters, and I can understand how this would mean so much.

You all did an excellent job with what you wrote, and I'm sure she will be forever grateful.

I agree with her choice on not visiting Cato. I'm glad things are going so well for him, not that many dogs get such a great second chance.

It truly is the big man looking down and taking care of her.

• Like Like x 5
  10. fehnder

It's made my day. Im so glad she liked the gift. And that Cato is doing well and happy.

Bob would be so proud.

• Like Like x 3
  11. MyBuddy

I agreed with everything you said!

Thanks for the update, Jan. It made my day too. I hope it helps make her Christmas a little easier to get through. I know it will be hard. :(

• Like Like x 4
  12. JanS

She actually specifically mentioned your name and said "I can't believe there are so many members from all over the world who truly care. :)

Bob is indeed smiling down and Deb has also had a ton of support from her church. She went back to work and she said she is occupying her time very well, even though Christmas will be very hard for her.

• Like Like x 4
  13. fehnder

:D :D :D

I don't know what to say :) it took a lot of handwritten drafts to get my letters just right. Thanks Matt again for putting it together!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

I for one sure do hope to see Catos new handler pop in here to give us a first hand update.:fingersx:

• Like Like x 3
  15. fehnder

Hopefully they'll come with pics :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. MyBuddy

That would be neat, wouldn't it? :D

• Like Like x 2
  17. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Hey everyone. I hate to make you all relive some of this, as I know it's tough.

I did receive a letter from Deb in response to the packages she received. I felt you all should get to read it. I'm sorry I haven't posted this sooner, as I have been very busy dealing with the new addition to our home.

She wrote this in cursive so any grammar mistakes or oddly placed words are most likely my fault. I am a terrible cursive reader.

Hello Matt,

Just a note to say to you and everyone - thank you so very much for the chest & the contents inside. You picked such an appropriate gift, and the thought of such a gift was wonderful.
    I cried as I read all the letters - for Bob touched more lives than I thought. I knew of a few he talked to, but was not involved because of my work & house,& and the care of him & cats. I'm glad he was able to keep busy online with people of same interests.
    Jan has been my contact after Bob's death and I am grateful for the emails and calls. At first, I had no clue as to how to even go to the chat home - but I clicked on the site & found Jan (who was a familiar name) and told her of Bob.
    I want you to let everyone know, that the chest is filled with letters, crosses, dried rose & cards & photos of our times ago.
    Now I can open it up and see at any time the memories.
    His picture of us both, his urn, the wreath sent from you all & a couple of our personal things are all together, now with the chest - it looks so great together.
    Matt - the check went to my move fund. I can't say it enough - but The Lord will bless you all for your prayers and gifts. I'm very thankful - for he is taking care of me.
    The card does not have dobies, but the labs are cute.
    My you & everyone have a wonderful new year and that all your endeavors be prosperous.

Truly and sincerely,
    Deborah Reed.

Here is a picture of the card she sent as well. I can't thank you all enough for the wonderful letters you contributed to this, as well as Genny for sending the wreath.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  18. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

You and Genny and all the rest that sent letters and gifts truly did a marvelous thing. You can tell it meant a great deal to her.

• Like Like x 2
  19. MyBuddy

Thank you for posting this, Matt. It does my heart good! Your efforts in this are so appreciated, by Deb and by all of us here involved! This was such a 'feel good' moment knowing we made someone's day. Thank you so much!! You are a kind soul!

• Like Like x 1
  20. fehnder

Amazing.bless her.

• Like Like x 1