1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Sosthenes/Cato DCF gift thread

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by DocReverto, Nov 17, 2012.

1. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

I am making this the official thread for ideas on what to send Bob's wife. I'll be heading up the project if that's alright with everyone.

Once we settle on an idea I will post up my Paypal for whomever would like to donate to the project. If we don't get enough, i will cover the remainder. Gelcoater and I have been brainstorming some ideas, but I would like to hear what you guys think to.

Here's what we have got so far.

Flowers.
    A plague with the DCF logo with a message. (Still to be determined)
    Having each member who wants to do so, emailing me a message to put in the back of the plaque for Bob, Cato, or his wife.

Let me know what you guys think, and I'll start get rolling on this.

There was talk about setting up a neuter fund for Cato, but the homing situation is still to be determined so I think we should hold off on that for now.

Bob was a great guy, and a great member of our community. I want to make sure his wife knows exactly how many people cared about him, and how big of an impact he had on some of us.

• Like Like x 9
  2. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

I'm open for as many ideas as you can think of as well.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Thank you for starting this Matt and thank you for offering to head it up as well! :ty:

I love the ideas so far and Genny had another for a wreath she was looking at. I guess the neutering thing is sort of n/a now since he found a new home and will be training for K9 police training, but I think it would be great to put something personalized from the members together for her.

• Like Like x 5
  4. fehnder

fehnder Hot Topics Subscriber

Id love to write a message, he did have a big impact on me and id love to share it with her.

I don't use PayPal but could sort another way for money?

• Like Like x 5
  5. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I like the idea of a memorial plaque of some sort. I think flowers are a nice gesture, but think a plant would be a better option if we were to go this route.

• Like Like x 5
  6. MicheleM

MicheleM Active Member

Let me know what you need and I will certainly help.

• Like Like x 4
  7. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

JanS

I'll ask genny about the wreath. She is incredibly creative, so I'm not she will have something awesome in mind.

fehnder

I really like the message idea no matter what. It's meaningful, and does not cost anything. I think it's good to add on top of whatever we do.

Archer

I think I agree with the flowers. They are nice and all, but way to many people do it. I'm sure we can throw out so much better ideas.

MicheleM

Thank you!!, and I sent a response to your pm.

Keep the ideas coming. I'm going to wait a couple days before we all start to decide and get rolling on something. We have some members who don't post on the weekends, and I would love to hear everyone's input.

• Like Like x 4
  8. MicheleM

MicheleM Active Member

I think letting his wife know he had friends on this forum and we are sorry for her loss. I had a few go arounds with him and sorry I couldn't have lighter conversations to discuss with him. A learning curve for me

• Like Like x 4
  9. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

I think we all argued with him a time or to. That's what made him unique. A man of his beliefs, and he would not back down. His debates were very regularly enjoyable.

• Like Like x 9
  10. MicheleM

MicheleM Active Member

Thanks, tears

• Like Like x 3
  11. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I just wanted to let you all know that I did send the wreath to Deb. I included a card with it signed by Bob's friends @ d-c.com I just felt it was important to let her know the impact Bob had in a very short time. I am sure she has the support of her church members and friends but it might be nice to let her know just what an impact he had on a larger scale. I have lost a husband and I know first hand just how devastating it can be and the comfort that is found in knowing how many people your loved one touch by just being themselves. No, pressure,I sincerely wanted to do this, but if you would like to contribute to the wreath, you can PM me for my address.

• Like Like x 12
  12. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

How great of you Genny and everyone else to want to get involved! I forgot to mention that his funeral is tentatively set for Dec. 1, so if plans are to send something for the funeral there's still a bit of time. If we're just going to send something directly to her I guess we can do it any time.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

Thank you so much Genny!

• Like Like x 4
  14. GennyB

Your Welcome! My heart breaks for this woman. I don't know how long they were married, but I got the impression it was a very long time. I saw one pic of her and I know she is not a spring chick. The thought of completely changing your life at her age must be down right scary. The herbs that are in this wreath are symbolic and I pray that every time she walks by and smells it, it will bring some comfort to her.

• Like Like x 7
  15. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Thank you Genny! I know that meant a lot to her. I'll get with you for her address for when we send this to her.

I think I'm going to make the plaque, so any ideas on what the message should be below the DCF logo?

Jan can you send me a the image file for the logo?

Anyone interested in sending a personal message can pm me here. I will give you my email address, or I can just print it off of my messages.

I'm going to send this out next Monday, so anyone interested in doing this I would greatly appreciate getting your messages by Sunday afternoon.

• Like Like x 6
  16. fehnder

fehnder Hot Topics Subscriber

I replied to your pm, but not sure if it sent! As I managed to read and send through tt?? And now I can't remember what it said lol! Useless typical blonde!!

Once I've.sorted a message I'll pm you about donations.etx

• Like Like x 3
  17. GennyB

@ Matt I think we should include something about his passion. He struck me as a very passionate man. He loved his wife, his dog and his God. Not necessarily in that order, depending on the day, LOL!

• Like Like x 6
  18. GennyB

I like a man with conviction...even if I don't agree with him. I think it says a lot about ones' character.

• Like Like x 6
  19. MicheleM

MicheleM Active Member

Very well said! We battled but he was a passionate man and loved his dog and his wife. I will miss his posts

• Like Like x 5
  20. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

fehnder
    I never got a message, lol sorry.

paintinsthegame

I like that. I know I have said it before about him, and I agree it truly reflects his character.

If you would like to email me the messages here is an email account I don't use much anymore.

Beardedragon2002@yahoo.com

I'm not worried about posting this one on the Internet because its 99% spam anyway haha.
    So whenever you all get a chance email me or pm me a message and I'll get it printed out. Make sure if you email me you add your forum name, I think this makes it much more personal in my eyes.

• Like Like x 4