1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Sosthenes/Cato DCF gift thread

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by DocReverto, Nov 17, 2012.

1. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Ok last call for the messages everyone.

I have changed my mind on the donations, you can send me as much or as little as you want and I will cut the check for her. I'm going to cover all the expenses for the plaque so everything you send will go directly to help out Deb.

Here is the Paypal email.
    (removed)

Thank you to everyone for getting your messages to me, I really think she is going to like this.

• Like Like x 2
  2. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Well I tried my hardest on this plaque. I just could not find a frame that made it look not so cheesy.

I ended up getting a beautiful cross, and a case for the letters. I am finishing up my letter right now, and I will post some pictures up. Not what I originally wanted, but I think this looks a lot better. Hang right for ten minutes.

• Like Like x 6
  3. fehnder

fehnder Hot Topics Subscriber

Can't wait to see it. Hope he got lots of lovely letters and I hope deb loves it.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 2
  4. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

While not much I feel the most important part of this were the letters.
    Thank you everyone who sent one in to me.
    We also did raise a little money, which will hopefully assist her in the move.

I saw the cross when purchasing the chest, and felt it was very fitting considering the spiritual impact he had onset of our members.

Thanks again everyone!

• Like Like x 6
  5. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  6. fehnder

It's brilliant. And I hope deb has a nice time reading these letters and learning about the impact bob had on us as a community.

Well done matt, im sure bob would be pleased and proud he touched so many people and the effort you have put in to help deb.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Ataro

Ataro Notable member

It looks nice, even if it wasn't what you envisioned. I'm sure that above all else, the thought will be what counts the most, along with the messages that each carry individual worth and meaning.

• Like Like x 4
  8. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

I think the messages alone, will go miles. You guys all wrote some really great stuff.

• Like Like x 5
  9. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

That was very thoughtful of everyone. I am sure the letters will be of comfort to Deb. The cross is beautiful and will be nice for her have to hold onto as she struggles with her grief.
    I am very proud of the thoughtfulness of this great community.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Ataro

Ataro Notable member

is it possible for you to post up the messages?

• Like Like x 1
  11. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

I think some of the messages were very personal. If everyone would consent to this that would be fine with me.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ataro

Ataro Notable member

Maybe you could just post the messages anonymously, without the names? Or not the ones which could be identified as being written by a particular person?

13. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

I don't know, I still think that defeats purpose a bit. I would be more than happy to divulge mine, and any others that are ok with it.

• Like Like x 2
  14. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Some of them were specifically directed towards Bob, and how he directly impacted them, which is the only reason why I would like to keep from sharing those until the members who wrote them are ok with it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. fehnder

While I'd love to be nosey and read others messages, I'd like mine to stay private I think.

I wrote it for Bob and I'd like to think he knows what it said and that it gives,deb some comfort.

I never wrote it thinking that anyone else would see it as that would have stopped me from writing what I wanted to say.

• Like Like x 3
  16. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Oh btw Jan could you remove my email address now?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ataro

Ataro Notable member

Would love to read yours CRD, mine of course is free for all to read seeing as I just threadcrapped on here with my nosiness lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

How wonderful of you Matt! I know for fact that Deb is going to be extremely appreciative and happy to receive this!

When she received Genny's beautiful wreath she told me that she was touched beyond words and now to have all of these personal notes and the beautiful stuff to go with it, I know she's going to feel overwhelmed, but happy to know so many people cared. :love:

Thank you so much for taking care of this beautiful sentiment on behalf of the board Matt! :ty:

• Like Like x 4
  19. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Dear Deb,

I am terribly sorry for your loss. Bob was a great man, and words can not describe how I feel for you. While this package may not be much. I hope it gives you comfort in this difficult time. Enclosed you will find letters from individuals Bob was close to. I speak for all of doberman-chat, when I say he had a huge impact on us. While the check is not much, I hope it helps in your move. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

The one for Bob.

Dear Bob,

We never completely saw eye to eye. You are a man of conviction. Two hard headed people rarely see eye to eye, but towards the end we managed to appreciate the validity behind what each other were saying.

One thing we did agree on is religion. I know where you are right now, and I know you are in peace. Until another day and another argument.

Matt Rewerts.

• Like Like x 8
  20. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

This one is Ataros.

Bob was his own person. He didn't care whether or not he was right, he just stuck to his guns. Of course, he was open to being proven wrong, but that never stopped him from speaking his mind. I suppose you could say that Bob stood for the individual; a courageous rock that refused to budge. While we can't say that's always a good thing, everything that man said and did was authentic. And such authenticity is a rare gem to be found today, since we're so used to being surrounded by hypocrites and cowards. Rest in peace

• Like Like x 5