• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Sore in between toe.

Asabonita

i have searched threads can't find any that directly talk about this but I remember reading about it.

Our 6mo old had had countless staph issues and UTI's. I check her regularly and noticed today she has a red spot between her middle toes on both front paws. What is this?!

Already on special shampoo and probiotics.

Grateful for the input. And exhausted trying to keep this pup healthy.

Where do you live? I know there are certain areas in the NW that have Valley Fever fungus and it will cause sores between their toes and other areas of the body.
Usually when you have sores between the toes it is fungal, viral or bacterial. Finding out which one it is will be necessary to determine the course of treatment for this condition. Have you checked the sores for foreign bodies?
It has been my experience when dogs have continual staph or other skin infections they usually have a depressed or compromised immune system.
I would take her to the vet and have them do a culture and sensitivity on her sores to determine what is causing the inflammation and then they can place her on the appropriate antibiotics or other medication.
Is the avatar your puppy? If so the fawns and other dilutes are prone to skin issues.
I would get her in quickly before it progresses any further. We would see a dog with atopy (inhalant and food allergies) develop skin infections over the trunk and paws.
Home treatments with ACV and h2o soaks or, Epsom salts and h2o soaks or chlorhexidine and h2o soaking and cleaning. It is recommended to see your vet first and discuss causes and treatments with them.
Let us know how it goes.

I strongly advise showing them to your vet for a proper diagnosis. It could be the beginning of an interdigital cyst, which is secondary to allergies. Her recurring staph may be secondary to allergies. My two allergy dogs have these a few times per year. The best way to treat them is Epsom salt soak and Stridex pads. They will come and go on their own.

Back