Skb
Hot Topics Subscriber
Right! No way! So hard to believe! Lmfao!!Glad to hear the vet was optimistic about it healing on its own. That’s a great sign! A Doberman being dramatic![]()
Right! No way! So hard to believe! Lmfao!!Glad to hear the vet was optimistic about it healing on its own. That’s a great sign! A Doberman being dramatic![]()

It's that same area in the backyard. I had just come home with him and undid his leash and he took off running his usual squirrel route around the trees and stuff. When he came in he was walking funny and thats when I saw it. This time its so high up on his leg I have no idea what it could be. We've been walking around out there and can't figure it out! So frustratingWell it certainly has been a chain of events for him! After just posting his leg all nicely healed and then this! It was quite amazing. And I'm sure it's going to be quite the mystery trying to figure out where he keeps hurting himself. Is there one spot? Or could it be several? Were you there when it happened? Or did he just happen to come in limping and you noticed it? My horse was the same thing. Such a horrible wound and I have no idea how it happened. The only thing with having three horses is it could have happened with a kick. I thought it was a loose board or something but I couldn't find anything. And neither one of the other two horses was talking!![]()
Ill take a pic when he gets up to show you. I just gave him a bully stick to keep him occupiedWe need a picture. LOL we want to see how he's doing. Plus a close up of the wound to see how it looks today.

Yeah, he is still limping pretty bad but hopefully it will get better soon. Im glad I don't have to wrap it but concerned about keeping it clean. If he is still limping when I take him in to regular vet I will ask about x raysI am glad you got him in. I was concerned with his limping and pain level. Still concerned with tendons and or ligaments being involved.
perhaps just inflamed from initial injury.
I’m glad you can keep the bandage off but still keep an eye on it and make sure it stays clean. It wil granulate out when healing.
Meloxicam and Carprofen are NSAIDsWhen Kali was hurt, my vet gave her Carprofen 25mg for pain. Maybe @Tropicalbri's can tell us the difference in all these meds but I'm telling you, I gave her one and she was like a different dog! I don't know what was in it but it was like a miracle. She went from acting like her back was broken, all scrunched up, to actually walking normal!
Im just worried about the limping. Im gonna post the exam findings so you can see exactly what they saidExcuse me for liking the photo but from a medical standpoint it looks a lot better.
Once it starts healing from the inside (granulating) to outer side hopefully it won’t leave too bad of a scar.

Thank you! This really helps and makes a lot of sense. He barrels around those trees and through the yard full speed. Thank you so much for all the advice and help. You have helped me so much!The pain is coming from deep tissue inflammation. Between the Meloxicam and the Gaba, he should get some relief from pain.
Is your regular GP open tomorrow? If so get him in.
Whatever he punctured himself on, I am thinking it is a mostly blunt end to split it and go through the tissue. He had to have hit it with force and that bruised his broken skin, tissue and muscle.
That alone will cause a lot more pain than if it was a clean slit like last time.
Dogs carry 62% of their weight and power on their front legs so it is not an anomaly for him to be limping.
Once the inflammation subsides it won’t be as tender. I am thinking it may be 4-5 days before he is back to normal weight bearing on the leg without favoring it.
Once it fully heals and you find him limping more from habit than pain, then you can wrap his good leg and he will most likely favor the wrapped leg and start using his healed injured leg.
We do this with dogs that will chronically limp without pain just out of habit.
Yep, looks about like the gash above my horses eye.Here are a couple pics from today. It's hard to see how deep it is from the pictures.
It looks like her whole eye was swollen! Wow! That looks painful!Yep, looks about like the gash above my horses eye.
Happy Birthday to me! Ugh....Cheyennes wound
So last night after a birthday day of fun, we bring the horses in for the night and I find Cheyenne like this!!! :eek: I was shocked and didn't know what to do first! I got some warm water and tried cleaning the wound but it looked so deep and the eye so swollen! I was scared! "VET"...doberman-chat.com
Actually, his looks pretty good. Clean. I hope you don't have a lot of trouble with him bothering it. I'm sure it's painful, busting through the skin like that. Hoping for an uneventful night!
It was. Did you see the open cut picture? pretty ghastly LOLIt looks like her whole eye was swollen! Wow! That looks painful!
Yes!! Was that puss coming out in the one?! Thats horrible!! Did she act like it bothered her?It was. Did you see the open cut picture? pretty ghastly LOL
I don't think it was pus. But I'm not going to go back and look because I'm eating right now.Yes!! Was that puss coming out in the one?! Thats horrible!! Did she act like it bothered her?