1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

RIP Fedor Del Nasi

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by JanS, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Heidi

Heidi Novitiate

So sorry to hear this. My husband and I are the proud owners of Cora Von Wolf Stamm, one of Fedor's duaghters. Her beauty and personality have made her a very loved family member.
    We had been considering a Doberman puppy, and after hearing this news, we adopted one of Fedors granddaughters today. We are going to name her Fedora.

• Like Like x 8
  2. FredC

FredC Guest

Three of the Dogs in my avatar are related to Fedor.. I actually logged back on the other morning looking for this post hoping it was a dream. Unfortunately it was still here.. :(

• Like Like x 2
  3. DreamValley

DreamValley Well-Known Member

If they don't announce the cause of death the rumors about DCM will skyrocket.

• Like Like x 5
  4. GingerGunlock

GingerGunlock Notable member

True story.

I think, with as much Fedor progeny as there is, I think it would really be their responsibility to announce the cause. They must be grief stricken right now, though (I know I would be, God.....)

• Like Like x 5
  5. Teufelhund in AZ

Teufelhund in AZ Active Member

Ironically, Slobodan told me that he overheard some people at a dog show (Fedor was being exhibited at that moment) talking about Fedor being dead of DCM already. The DCM rumors predate the poor dog's death! No matter what Simon says he died from, people will insert their preferred cause of death IMHO.

• Like Like x 7
  6. FredC

FredC Guest

Same thing with Gino.. if you believe the rumors he also died before he was even born of DCM.. It only takes one idiot to start a nasty rumor like that.. Hence my signature below.. If success breeds jelousy then Fedor has a lot of haters.. Sad but true..

• Like Like x 6
  7. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

DV it amazes me how quickly people want to throw the DCM card. That is how it gets started. He was being treated for prostrate for the past year - Why should the rumors start ......because someone brings it up and someone misreads it. Somedays honestly I hate the little minds that just want to cause trouble for everyone.

The average life span for Males is 9.4 and females 9.6 - All animals have an average live span as do humans. The larger breeds DO NOT live as long as the smaller breeders. I don't think with all our manipulation we will change that much but we seem to think we can play GOD. We don't live forever and as one ages more things go wrong. It is life. And all I can say to those who want to start rumors - shame on you. It is what makes breeding dogs so hard. Everyone thinks they have a right to spout off something whether it is true of not and most have no knowledge of actual breeding or genetics. We can hope they did a necropsy - if not it is just as easy and more reasonable to assume that he died of complications of the prostrate whether it was cancer or whatever.

The rumor mill is what is killing this breed along with people who do not understand genetics in breeding. It is sad we lost a great one. Lets just hope some in his progeny step up and continue the greatness he showed. He brought many good things to the gene pool and for that we should celebrate. If we listend to the nay sayers he would never have been bred because of all the "bad" behind him. But he is the star that proves that we just don't know it all. I am sure there are many others from those lines that have lived an average life span, we just have not heard as much about them as they did not become as popular.

Its like Thunder - lived to 10 as did his sire yet produce a litter that all died by 2. It was heartbreaking for those involved but we must start thining with our heads and knowledge not emotions. When you are dealing with genetics anything can go wrong. If we listen to the nay sayers we should throw in the towel now.

I will say it again I have 2 personal dogs and one I know about that dropped dead - had necropsy not been done I would have had to say cardio suspected but we did necropsy's - One was 7 and died of a viral infection around the lining of the heart - one was one of my puppies who at 5 died of a lesion in the lung they don't know why - but neither showed any signs of cardio at that time. Does not mean they would not have gotten it just means it did not show up in the necropsy.

The last one died at two on the grooming table at a show - Brain anurism (a friends dog) . I honeslty believe half the propaganda about dogs dying of cardio are from the alarmist who would see bad in everything or who just want to smear a pedigree. Not ALL dogs in any pedigree die - we don't know why - even the best scientific minds don't know why. They also can't tell us why some live longer. We have made so much focus on health we are loosing sight of the greatness of this breed and the need to maintain a healthy gene pool through diversity.

By the very nature of purebred dogs we have limited a gene pool. It will be interesting to see what happens to the wild dogs of Africa now that they are down to 5,000 and bordering on becoming endangered. If man steps in a saves them will they start to have more problems or are the 5,000 remaining the strongest of the gene pool??? Nature has a much better system of selection. So because the very nature of the purebred dog creates problems are we really going to say like PETA and HSUS would love to hear we should eliminate all - turn them loose and let nature decide???? or do we continue to work towards the perfect dog we all dream about??? That really is the choice. I choose the Doberman.

• Like Like x 9
  8. iceman

iceman Active Member

no matter what announced (if announced) people will believe what they want to believe.........so what's the point?

• Like Like x 7
  9. Dobs4ever

Iceman you are unfortunatley so very correct. They will say it regardless. Breeders are damned if they do and damned if they don't. And there are those that would question it even if a necropsy is done. Was it the "right" kiind of necropsy??? Was the vet honest???? Did they send tissue off to labs or just the vet info??? It is unfortunate for all but expecially for our Dobermans.

I would say though that the point is if some don't start speaking out about these inconsistencies and conspiracy theories we are all doomed. I have always believed people to be honest and it makes me wonder if those who doubt everyone else is dishonest themselves so is why they question and doubt. JMHO

• Like Like x 3
  10. iceman

iceman Active Member

My opinion is that...if you have Fedor in your dogs pedigree, enjoy your dog regardless what the rumours say...
    The whole world knew he had the infamous "T" litter in his pedigree, but that did not stop them from breeding with him..
    He was too beautiful not to take that the risk...Fedor was a legend and will live on in his progeny..

• Like Like x 8
  11. GingerGunlock

The point is not everybody is a rumor-mongering, assumption forming vulture, and some people are genuinely curious for the sake of forming knowledge regarding the breed and its lines.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Dobs4ever

Curious is one thing but to be already be spreading speculation and casting doubt is not. If he is in a peidgree then I would suggest you go to the source - like the breeder not the gossip groups. Until one has facts it is better to not comment he is not even cold in the grave yet. I know a complete necropy takes 2 weeks to get back results. That is a fact.

• Like Like x 4
  13. GingerGunlock

I believe what I've said on the matter is "He was only 9, what a shame. I wonder what he died of? It would be nice for people who have his progeny to know". If that is speculative doubt-casting, I apologize. 9 is not really true to form for the longevity of this breed, which suggests an accident or an illness. Also, according to the dates posted on the memorial slideshow that Del Nasi did, he died in November (23.11.2002 - 25.11.2011). He's Elka's 3rd cousin or something, I'm not going to bother the family because I really am just kind of a bystander.

• Like Like x 3
  14. DreamValley

DreamValley Well-Known Member

That's a huge loss for Simon and his family....enormous amount of pain.

If they announce the cause of death I will believe whatever they say... if they don't... too bad... I will accept rumors.

Personally I hate to see a blank space next to COD in any pedigree.
    Nobody knows why and when Gino Gomez passed away and his breeder is very known judge in Europe. Does it make sense? No.

Sorry... it's not the best thread to discuss it.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Dobs4ever

We can never give up and accept rumors. That is half the problem. I prefer to hold out for facts - I personally discard all rumors for exactly what they are - someone's vivid imagination run amuck.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Katja Henriksen

Katja Henriksen Forum Sponsor Site Sponsor

I think it is an interesting discussion about rumours and spreading of such. I wish everyone would apply their opinion of not spreading rumours to everything in life and not just the death of Fedor Del Nasi. However that is not how humans work. They loooove to be able to bring the information, true or not, and it makes for great gossip. People see it as their right to spread their opinion and the problem is that others down the line take it as the truth.

I agree with the spreading of rumours. I also think it is the owners responsibility to inform the COD for a sire of such huge importance in the breeding of the Dobermann.

• Like Like x 7
  17. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

WOW, one of my favorite dogs...

• Like Like x 1
  18. tony & amanda

tony & amanda Notable member

:sorrow: To a founding father of our Dobes of today. Rest in piece.