Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Rio

Discussion in 'The Pet Post (Non Doberman)' started by Brioddy, Sep 3, 2018.

1. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

What a gorgeous guy!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Wow he's growing into a handsome boy and I can't believe he's already that old! I can't believe you're the only one who keeps up with the breeder since that's very important to me and them.

Our Lowes put up a sign about pets nearly 5 years ago and our fleet store allows them, but you have to either carry them or put them in the cart and I don't think either is possible for me.
    Good to know about Tractor Supply since there is a fairly new one in the area that I haven't visited yet.

As for the crate, we use the plastic Pet Porters and they're way lighter than a wire crate so that might be an option for you. I had a soft sided crate for shows but Della was terrified of it so I sold it to a show friend for a good price.

3. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

Thank you!! I can’t believe how old he’s getting either. Before I know it it’ll be a year! I’m still in shock that Moose just had his first birthday

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

So I got Rios registration application in the mail today... but I have NO ideas for names?! Help. I do want to incorporate Rio into it somehow.

759814A5-F30D-46C9-8F26-6E5194219DC8.jpeg 0FA0EC0A-231D-4C32-859A-085F42905247.jpeg

5. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm terrible with names but does the breeder have a kennel name they'd like you to put in it?
    Albert is Hurricane Albert di Andromeda since the breeder has Andromeda lines. The hurricane part came in since there are "storms" on his other side.

6. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

Thank you for that Jan, I’ll have to look up more into his pedigree! But I’m really down for anything cool?

Rio had his first agility class tonight, I was super nervous about it because he hasn’t had any formal obedience training and he does bark at strange dogs sometimes. He was a super star! He did a great stay on the table and was the only dog that could run confidently across the dog walk. He’s also the youngest at nine months, there’s an adorable French bulldog that’s a year and the others (a Weimaraner, hound mix, and border collie) are 2-3 years. He had a little trouble at first with the tunnel, but we put him through a bigger and shorter one a couple times and then he flew through it. He absolutely loved it and even though he was the biggest dog he crouched down and boogied every time. We even did a jump sequence into the tunnel at the end!

NO PICS I know!!! I was wearing leggings so no pockets and my treat pouch was packed. Will fix next week.

• Like Like x 5
  7. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

Rio just keeps amazing me with his maturity! 9 months old and shining!!! If I think of anything tricky for a name I'll chime in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

How cool is that! Sounds like he had a lot of fun!