Random Pet Video of the Day - Share yours!

  • Thread starter Thread starter FredC
  • Start date Start date

^^^^^ Love seeing such enthusiasm! Buddy seems to be moving a lot easier these days too, after his neck problems have been sorted.
 
^^^^^ Love seeing such enthusiasm! Buddy seems to be moving a lot easier these days too, after his neck problems have been sorted.
They love going for a walk! Buddy's neck is much better but still shows those "lines" when he eats. But he bends easily when out on a walk so what the heck? That said, he is much slower everywhere else. Even though he starts out like he wants to run, it usually is only a few strides. His walk is a bit awkward at times like an old person. :nurse: But he still gets around and wants to! Thats the important part. :thumbsup2:
 
This was so much fun! We will definitely be going back again this summer. And I must give Kudo's to the announcer. One of the fastest and most informative sports commentators we've ever heard!

Each team has four players (numbered 1-4) with 1 and 2 being more offensive and 3 and 4 being more defensive. There are also 2 referees.

They play 6 chukkers at 7 mins each (they were only 5 and half minutes yesterday because of the heat). Each player has about 10 horses and the max number of minutes any one horse can play is 7 minutes. They actually swapped horses after 3-4 minutes. All players must play right handed and men and women can play on the same team! The #1 rider for the white team was a woman.

Apparently this is the highest level of polo played in the Midwest, currently! Normally tailgaters are kinda packed on the side lines and I believe they usually have bleachers set-up toward the announcers area but they were running at 20% capacity so each tailgate site is like 12x15ft with 12ft in between. We took our 10x10 pop-up canopy, snacks, wine, binoculars and had a great time!




Figured the horse fans on here would appreciate the horsemanship! They are holding reigns and crops in one hand, a polo stick in the other, and the horses manes are shaved off so there nothing there to grab onto!

edit sorry for all the wind noise!
 
Wow that looks like fun! I had no idea there was any polo around, even where you live.
 
They are holding reigns and crops in one hand, a polo stick in the other, and the horses manes are shaved off so there nothing there to grab onto!
LOL You're not supposed to hold on to anything but the reins when you're riding anyway! ;) And I'm sure the mane is shaved off just to keep it out of the way. I've never been to a polo match. I used to think it was cruel because I worried about the horses being hit by either the ball or someone's Polo stick as they took a shot. But now I think I would be interested in watching:thumbsup2:
 
LOL You're not supposed to hold on to anything but the reins when you're riding anyway! ;) And I'm sure the mane is shaved off just to keep it out of the way. I've never been to a polo match. I used to think it was cruel because I worried about the horses being hit by either the ball or someone's Polo stick as they took a shot. But now I think I would be interested in watching:thumbsup2:

I've had the same thought but rider and horse safety is a top priority! One team was actually fouled because a non-rider walked into the field to hand off a horse and he wasn't wearing a helmet! Another time, a horse hopped over the perimeter during a play and you could hear a hoof hit it. The rider immediately jumped off the horse and walked it back to a trailer (horse appeared unphased and uninjured, luckily!).

Heck, anytime I step into an agility course, I'm risking injury to myself or dogs even with all the safety measures!
 
And I'm sure the mane is shaved off just to keep it out of the way.
I think a lot of it has to do with aerodynamics too or else they'd have to braid it all the time before a match.
 
Ripley putting herself to sleep. She's so funny as when we put her in the kennel at night for bed, she throws a tiny fit then takes it out on her stuffy we leave in there (for this reason) and cries herself to sleep. All in thirty seconds or so :D. The volume change goes from temper tantrum to muffled whining to silence. :rofl:

 
Maybe but I'm going to encourage toy suckies on stuffy toys so I'll have to make sure to keep her well stocked. I want my blankets to stay slobber free lol!
That's cool too. But if you give her her own blanket to suckle she'll learn it's the only one. Buddy has suckled from day one and never on a blanket that wasn't his.

That video is oh my God so cute!!! :love:
 
AJ is progressing in his Retrieve training. He's learning the elements of Retrieve Over The High Jump. This video shows how he's learning to jump and pick up the dumbbell, then return over the jump. I'm not throwing it yet in this exercise, as I'm keeping the training to the simplest elements.

I'm using the bar jump so he can see the dumbbell. The high jump is solid and his jump height is 26 inches. This is a bit lower, as the idea here is to train the concept.

All my other Dobermans were mouthy and I had to train them not to chew on the dumbbell bar. AJ doesn't show any inclination to chew on the bar of the dumbbell and I have my fingers crossed that will continue.

I love dog training and working through problems. When he first started to retrieve, he used to pick up the dumbbell by the end and he looked so goofy! I wish I had a picture of that.

 

Back
Top