Random Pet Photo of the Day - 2023

He is shown in conformation and they are to be trimmed to keep everything clean and tidy. I occasionally trim them between shows as a puppy to keep them used to the process so it's no big deal at show time. These are a few days grown out.

I definitely feel like a dummy now. I had no clue.

Appreciate the education here! :)

I definitely feel like a dummy now. I had no clue.

Appreciate the education here! :)
No worries at all! I let them grow out between shows but it is amazing how wookie like my girl can get then when I don't trim the hair on her ears and her whiskers. 😁

Gosh, I can't remember what pictures I may have already shared between the two. Here is a Ripley only post.

PXL_20230320_153811143.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230320_153816420.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20230320_153758510.jpg
PXL_20230319_230325225.jpgPXL_20230319_111917269.jpg

I'm so tired of all of these inside shots that look the same but I still can't see him over the snowbanks outside. Bad case of cabin fever for me...
Laying on couch Mar 31 23.JPG

I'm so tired of all of these inside shots that look the same but I still can't see him over the snowbanks outside. Bad case of cabin fever for me...
View attachment 133260

I do the same thing with the dog blanket on the couch here.

When it is 'ok' for them to get on the couch (or whatever furniture) the special blanket comes out and gets unfolded and set down. Gives the girls something they can see that they know belongs to them and lets them know it is ok to get on it - otherwise - no dog blanket down means 'better not be any doggie butt up on there'! :)

Used to use little box tape landmines (pieces of 2" box tape rolled in a circle with the sticky side out and lightly stuck to wherever they are NOT supposed to be laying down at) to Doberproof my section of couch (the part with no dog blanket down on it). They figured that crap out FAST! :)

Granted the dog blanket is not unfolded and laid out here but - She STILL knows the rules and that is her 'doggie allowed' marker so...

eLun7VR.jpg

That is a pass in my book! :)

If a Doberman can clearly see whatever it is you set down for a marker or boundary whatever - They can figure things out quickly.

GZUcQaz.jpg

9ah7fWI.jpg

Couch rule went out the window when I got dobes. You just cant resist having them leaning next to you. We are pup sitting my parents dog for a few days. Abbey isn't allowed on the couch at home. Thems not the rules here 😁 Ripley is loving her slumber party. Revel is exhausted trying to play with two girls.

PXL_20230331_034015817.jpg

PXL_20230331_094948783.jpg

PXL_20230401_000615588.jpg

Couch rule went out the window when I got dobes. You just cant resist having them leaning next to you. We are pup sitting my parents dog for a few days. Abbey isn't allowed on the couch at home. Thems not the rules here 😁 Ripley is loving her slumber party. Revel is exhausted trying to play with two girls.

View attachment 133265

View attachment 133264

View attachment 133266

I can clearly see in that last picture your fella following the doggie blanket rule there. :)

(the way i understand it - so long as more than 50% or their body is on their blanket - THAT is a pass)

Your guy is clearly more like in the 99% of their body being on the blanket. That there is not just 'winning' - That is showing all the other dogs 'how it should be done'! :)

I can clearly see in that last picture your fella following the doggie blanket rule there. :)

(the way i understand it - so long as more than 50% or their body is on their blanket - THAT is a pass)

Your guy is clearly more like in the 99% of their body being on the blanket. That there is not just 'winning' - That is showing all the other dogs 'how it should be done'! :)
😂I just bought a bigger blanket! I don’t get too excited about it!

😂I just bought a bigger blanket! I don’t get too excited about it!

I used to be hard core about those rules. Seriously.

Would get home and immediately go 'inspect' the couch for Dober hairs to see if they had been on my stuff while I was out. Girls would be standing there in their crates (crate doors wide open) watching me and waiting for my verdict! (either a 'good girls' or 'which one of you bitches was on my couch?'. :)

As I got older and wiser I shifted more towards your approach. A bigger blanket (sometimes) and a darker colored couch (so I can't see any Dober hair!). It works for me! :)

ODVt2SC.jpg

I got one like that! Pretty sure it is a special Doberman awareness trait that only a select few have still. (the tongue detecting vibrations / microscopic chemical changes in the air and such to alert them to the presence of bacon (or sardines) even IF they are sleeping sort of thing) :)

VDDRkz3.jpg

dbDuhUy.jpg

XqAr7jj.jpg

I do know for sure that it is a special trait and that not all can do it. Does not appear to pass down evenly from the parents to 'all' offspring equally either. My girl Patience misses out on lots of special treats due to her lack of that special sleepytime bacon sensor. :)

We were out for our walk this morning to the back of our property when I turned and saw a squirrel run up this tree. Usually they hate to get stuck in a solitary tree like this because there's no place to go. They just have to sit there and wait till everyone is gone. Well, I don't know if Kali saw him before he climbed the tree or not but she knew he was up there!

20230402_093140(0).jpg
And being very vocal!
20230402_093143.jpg

20230402_093151.jpg
I love when she barks and comes off her front feet!🤣

Back