Random Pet Photo of the Day - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
PXL_20211008_165933357.PORTRAIT.jpg
Now that looks like some big floppy ears. LOL

Moo and I met with up with a local leader of The Hiking Dogs of Instagram IG account. They pick a date and place and people can sign up to join the hike!

I took Moo because it was going to be just me with dogs and people I don't know in a place I haven't been before. Each person/dog was very open about who could and couldn't meet on leash and what their training goals were. My main objective for Moo was to work on ignoring.

He did SO well! Got a few play bows from Pickles the GSP and from a sweet 9 year old yellow lab looking mix (both female) but he left everyone alone and minded his own business. 3 of the 9 or so dogs were Newfoundlands!

PXL_20211017_142824528.jpg

PXL_20211017_145354306.jpg

PXL_20211017_145453281.MP.jpg

PXL_20211017_151007931.jpg

Now that I know what to expect, Rubes will hopefully be able to join the November hike. Unless it's too cold. Or raining. Or snowing. :D

Figured out how to use the light on the collar receiver tonight (after however many years we've had it, never needed it until owning a black dog 😅). Kinda spooky...all you see are her ears illuminated. She figured out that when she puts her head down, she has her own headlights to see the ground!

Screenshot_20211017-204153.png

Screenshot_20211017-204232.png

Boo.
PXL_20211017_235218402.PORTRAIT.jpg

Figured out how to use the light on the collar receiver tonight (after however many years we've had it, never needed it until owning a black dog 😅). Kinda spooky...all you see are her ears illuminated. She figured out that when she puts her head down, she has her own headlights to see the ground!

View attachment 122047

View attachment 122048

Boo.
View attachment 122045

Rubie's collar always swings around so her chin hairs are always illuminated :D it's quite a handy feature!!

Rory was loving on "his" River the other morning.

20211016_104704.jpg

Don't worry, they were supervised and she was actually enjoying it. No signs of discomfort and when he got up after a few seconds she would either stay right there or even wiggle closer. She loves her babies.

Adam is creating two popcorn monsters. Don’t worry- he wasn’t feeding from the table. He did a little training exercise with both dogs but as soon as he decided he wanted to relax and have some the dogs were right there with him. Haha. Jasper goes bonkers when he hears popping in the microwave.

76BDD53C-AB9C-4CCF-A129-DEC8929F9FAD.jpeg

Phoebe's best buddy and idol. I wouldn't normally put something like this out there but I'm pretty sure no one here has the breed. He took back to back BIS last weekend.

Selleck stud ad.jpg

Phoebe's best buddy and idol. I wouldn't normally put something like this out there but I'm pretty sure no one here has the breed. He took back to back BIS last weekend.
He's a pretty handsome fella. I love the sleek Doberman coat, but this is like a fuzzy Doberman alternative lol. He has a nice big head too.

arachnophobia.
I used to be bad when I was younger! I still remember being newly married and home alone....with a big spider in the house. 😳 I actually called my dad!! (parents lived 5 minutes away) He was busy and told me to "put your hip boots on and get it yourself!" "But DADDY!!!!" 🥺 I don't remember what I did, only that my dad pushed me into adulthood! 😜 It took me years to be more 'tolerant' of them, but you will Never catch me holding one or keeping as a pet! :nono: I have been known to 'catch and release' if I find one in the house. Not bare handed though!! I can still appreciate the Beauty of those. 😁

I used to be bad when I was younger! I still remember being newly married and home alone....with a big spider in the house. 😳 I actually called my dad!! (parents lived 5 minutes away) He was busy and told me to "put your hip boots on and get it yourself!" "But DADDY!!!!" 🥺 I don't remember what I did, only that my dad pushed me into adulthood! 😜 It took me years to be more 'tolerant' of them, but you will Never catch me holding one or keeping as a pet! :nono: I have been known to 'catch and release' if I find one in the house. Not bare handed though!! I can still appreciate the Beauty of those. 😁

I don’t blame you. My phobia was so bad just saying the word “spider” could give me goose bumps. Its like my subconscious is looking for them because I always randomly turn and look specifically at a spider in the house. So I decided I needed to do something because it was getting in the way of my day to day activities.

Happy to say that instead of having the hubby kill spiders in the house, I am catching and releasing. Even the big ones.

9F102CAB-4942-4577-A4CF-477A3D223BA4.jpeg

Someone is ready for vehicles next weekend for nosework. Shes been LOVING vehicles and interiors way more than containers!

PXL_20211021_220457967.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back