1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Oleg and Lana Pilipovski at www.eurodoby.com

Discussion in 'Doberman Breeders' started by Tina, Sep 24, 2012.

1. DreamValley

DreamValley Well-Known Member

That's frustrating to deal with liars :stomp:
    Your dog may never have any blood clotting problems but it's better not to breed her.

2. ImJusKat

ImJusKat Guest

I just saw this Pipilovski character on Judge Judy. Please, people! Don't fall for the "Euro is better" BS. For a sound pup, contact The Doberman Pinscher Club of America @ https://www.dpca.org/

3. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

There are good and bad breeders all over the world. Even on the DPCA breeder list. The golden rule of a puppy purchase is DO YOUR RESEARCH!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ImJusKat

ImJusKat Guest

You have a much higher chance of finding a mentally/physically sound pup/dog on DPCA than on Puppy Find...

5. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I am sorry that this happened to you. That's completely dishonest and totally unfair!

Breeder is a total liar. Clear parentage DOES NOT guarantee clear offspring. Genetically two clears can produce carriers (albeit in a smaller percentage of probability) if carrier runs in the line. A breeder should know this. The fact that they didn't health test the puppies to guarantee status is a big red flag. A breeder should never charge more for clear status or breeding rights. IMHO this breeder has done several things to show what type of breeder they are, and they are far from reputable. They breed the mother every heat cycle and they don't stand behind their puppies. A reputable breeder would take a puppy back regardless of the situation. Enough red flags that I would have stayed away from this "breeder", but you have him now and he is in a good home which is equally important.

I applaud your desire to breed responsibly. Honestly, VWD status is something to take into consideration when breeding, but breeding a carrier to a carrier is not actually frowned upon. Dobermans are Type I vWD, which is the least clinically affected type. In fact, a majority that test vWD affected are never clinically affected. I am not saying vWD should be bred intentionally. What I am saying is that if we don't take well bred vWD carriers into account in breeding programs, we will have a even smaller gene pool, which is even worse for our breed. I am a show breeder and bred my carrier bitch to a clear stud with carrier lineage. Out of the three offspring, I have two clear puppies and the third has yet to be tested. We should put more emphasis on breeding DCM carriers (both hetero and homozygous) to DCM carriers. DCM is far worse of a cancer in our breed than vWD. Shoud vWD status be considered when breeding....absolutely! It is far from a dead end in a breeding program. This is the opinion of many reputable breeders in the show world. Conformation, health testing and proper temperament are the pillars of a good breeding program. Without these pillars we would not have a Doberman that fits the breed type. Just because a dog CAN be bred, doesn't mean it SHOULD be. Breeding a dog with poor conformation is just as bad as breeding a dog with improper health testing as poor conformation can and does result in health issues that can cause serious health risks as well.

Just food for thought.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

This! Doing research is vital when you are purchasing a puppy. Knowledge is power. Educate yourself on health problems in the breed, seek out reputable breeders to talk to, join forums. Learn. This is not a healthy breed. Purchasing from a BYB or poor quality breeder can equate to heartache and many times your acquiring a puppy with a short lifespan as a result of improper practices. Granted it happens in well bred dogs too, but not as frequently and reputable breeders back their dogs and your purchase.

• Agree Agree x 3