• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Oji

Oh Little Oji

Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
LIfe, it took the best of you.
And you gave your best.
You were everything a hard dog should be.
You were everything a Doberman should be.
You were the king of dogs.
Maybe the prince.
No man or beast could say or show you different.
Any man but me said anything against you, I saw red.
My Oji.

You had some afflictions.
It was not your fault.
Made for maximum performance.
You didn't ask for this.
You did what you should do.
But you did it your way.
You knew no other way.
There was.
No other way.
There was.

Just as the day in the blink of an eye you placed your jaws around my girl's tiny forearm,
Likewise, when the large man gently restrained you so you could receive the shot that would help you begin to go to sleep
You snapped.
But you did not bite.
You could bite.
I know.
But you did not.
Hunter of men, you were the friend of man.

As we spent some time together in the small room,
You stood.
Longer than they expected, you stood.
Finally, your slowly declining back end stumbled,
the trash can giving all notice.
Soon you came to me.
You placed your head in my lap.
Touch always gave you comfort and maybe a little peace.
You slowly laid down.
Always working.
Always vigilant.
Your head went back and forth, side to side to side over and over and over.
Left to right. Over and over.
No one can know what you saw – what you were looking for.
You don't have to watch anymore.

We couldn't go on forever, friend.
I loved ya.
– Master

I could think of a sappy song or two, but instead I'd like you to listen to this song of warriors. Above all, that is what he was. Crank it up. Thank you all, friends, for accompanying me on this journey.

We've already talked about this but I'm so sorry for your loss. He had a great life with you and your family and will still be with you in spirit.

Run free handsome Oji... :sorrow:

So sorry to hear about this. It must be such mixed feelings with a new puppy and then this. Hopefully the memories will bring everyone some comfort.

I am so very sorry to hear you have lost Oji. This saddens me deeply 😔
Tad, my thoughts are with you and your family at this very difficult time. Once again I am so sorry for your loss.
RIP gorgeous boy 🌈❤️

Oh no😞

My heart hurts for you,Tad.

Rest now, Oji. The thunder will no longer scare you.

So very sorry for your loss, Oji will be so missed will be thinking of you at this very sad time.
:sorrow: R.I.P sweet Oji.

I haven’t logged in for many months… I cant believe you lost your boy. I am so very sorry for your loss.

RIP beautiful boy

Back