Melrae's Jet-Setter

This thread is for the general discussion of the Item Melrae's Jet-Setter. Please add to the discussion here.
Handsome! From my recollection here he seems a very good example of a good temperament in a male, per breedstandards- calm, wise, good defense instincts, biddable and well mannered. With on off switch...healthy, so Elroy is an "easy keeper" which is not so common in dobes.

Is that about right? Anything else that makes him a key choice as part of someone's line?

Admin ?'s:
Is Elroy in DobeQuest?
OFA?
What other pedigree databases should a potential buyer look at in addition to validate your own DNA and health testing, shows and trials titles, @JanS ?

What is the stud fee and how does that work?
Just asking all the typical wuestions I can think of, to learn a bit, to know what good ethical breeders do, so I can ask them in future, as a potential buyer.
 
PS: Melrae's website is highly useful and impressive! I read good things about them here and elsewhere. One of the few doing both sides, well, for the "Total Doberman" ideal.

That alone makes Melrae head and shoulders above the rest, imho.

This caught my attention in particular:
"

and are used as therapy dogs, service dogs, juniors show dogs and companions. We are also the proud breeder of several dogs with Longevity Certificates."​

 
He is in both.
I'll be darned if I can find a specific link for his file on OFA but here is a screenshot.
View attachment 158931

Thank you for your kind words!
Wow, very nice numbers!
(The reason I ask is the link on the xenforo section for "male presentation"
On "pedigree" is broken for me...
maybe because I use Brave browser on iphone, so if it works on PCs disregard...

I recall Dr Jerome Bells presentation to breeders on DPCA 2024 seminar, where he was pitching more better use of OFA for marketing, noting you can add pictures and the pedigree chart is in vertical format.

He also suggested CHIC but I dont see many of any dobe breeders doing same.

He was speaking from his ling experience in retrievers IIRC so he may not have been as informed on dobequest, which looks like to be to be the starting point for US and CAN dobe dogs info gathering.

DQ needs some serious work* to be more useful but its the only thing we got outside OFA, unless you are looking at european dogs, correct?
Working-dog dot com
And doberbase dot ru?

I wouldnt guess there is a lot of overlap on those unless working line.
What does UDC use, @Rits ?
@MikeP any others?

*see Dr Bells strong recommendations to breeders "to call all puppy owners every year for health update..."
 
Last edited:
DQ needs some serious work* to be more useful but its the only thing we got outside OFA, unless you are looking at european dogs, correct?
When I was trying to do research on my "perfect dog" Dietrich I found this all-breed pedigree site, as DobeQuest of course didn't have her name. I found a full brother to her and so could enter her name as a sibling, so now she's there. Again, this is user input, but so is every other pedigree database I guess. This is where I found that almost all of her sires side were serious IGP3 level mostly German dogs. You can click on the "i" for more info on each dog, esp further back in the pedigree where there's not room for titles, so useful to me, but not a source you'd go to for current health. Many of the older dogs are in Dobequest and the dot ru site, which until I found this pedigree site I only had the sire & dams name on her old registration paper, so it helped me get a start on her background.

A Dietrich Pedigree


I noticed recently that Dobequest format on the pedigree page includes COD and percentage of longevity dogs. Some of these may be misleading for foreign dogs in the pedigree won't always have reported CODs or even date of deaths. But it's nice to see at a glance on the whole pedigree - use to be you'd have to click on each dog in the pedigree to see longevity & COD.

Now if they'd just add COI. Since almost all dogs are Embarked now and that is included in the test, why oh why does nobody seem to want to use that information?

Jan, Elroy is certainly a handsome guy. Hope you continue his showing, even if it's just for fun in the local venues.

Also, if he's standing at stud through Melrea shouldn't they add him to the "our boys" list? I didn't see him on there.
 
Also, if he's standing at stud through Melrea shouldn't they add him to the "our boys" list? I didn't see him on there.
He isn't on her main boys page but he is on standby if someone nearer to us has a quality female that she approves.
This is his page but I don't have a clue how to get to it off her site since I had it bookmarked.
oops, are we supposed to be discussing on the link ^^^ you gave, or here on this page?
I think on this page. I haven't done a presentation for a long time so I sort of forgot how it works.

I do encourage everyone who hasn't done one for their own dog yet to make one.
I have to do Olive yet too.
 
I had just assumed it was for breeding dog info, never looked into it for just sayin' what we've got under our roof. :thumbsup:
Not at all, it's for all Dobermans to get the info, lineage and everything else, including titles or just telling everyone about your dog.
On "pedigree" is broken for me
I forgot to touch on this, but it didn't work for me either using Chrome.
 

Back
Top