Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Magic

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by NamVetJoe, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Looks like you could have named him Trouble! And it would fit:D

2. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Congratulations! He's adorable and his sire.....wow! Magic will be awesome! :thumbsup2:

3. NamVetJoe

NamVetJoe Notable member

send in the puppies, as I am sitting on the couch Three puppies come running in. identified by the color of their collar. They run over to Mellisa, who is actually the one in charge of the breeding and puppy development. Jeff comes in with a small bowl of little pieces of hot dog yep hop dog. He sets the bowl on a table beside the couch and tells me to take one and let the puppies see it. It does not take long for them to start jumping on my legs. They are not big enough to jump on the couch. He tells me to pick one up and put it on my lap feed it a treat and give it a look over. I do so with the first then the second. They both look great. Now for Mr. silver color. I pick him out put him on my lap take a piece of hot dog out of the bowl and present it to him. Does he take it from me? NO instead he used my lap to stand upon and dives headfirst into the bowel. Well, I guess the rest is history. Now for the 4 plus ride home

to be continued.
    BTW he has such small IMG_2731.JPG paws

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

That is such a cute picture!

Get a head start and start dremeling his nails or at least get him used to you touching his feet/nails- trust me you’ll thank me later.

On our 1 hr drive home from the breeder Shadow whined half the time. Then youngest daughter cried along with her thinking Shadow was missing mommy. Little did we know it was just the beginning of Shadow’s constant “talking”.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. NamVetJoe

NamVetJoe Notable member

The breeder uses a dremel on his nails before I left. It was not his favorite thing in the world but he tolerated it

6. Rodyboy

Rodyboy Jr Member

Beautiful puppy, what a sire!

7. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

Yup keep it going so he learns to tolerate it. My older one Princess is not a fan and it’s a constant battle.

8. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Member

Love this story! Thanks for @sharing NamVetJoe - Magic will be just that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. NamVetJoe

NamVetJoe Notable member

Now its time for the long car ride home. Magic in a crate on the back seat nice and comfortable on a thick small blanket. Off we go 10 minutes later I hear him bringing up his breakfast. I pull over to get him out of the crate and do the best I can to clean up the blanket. To be continued

• Empathetic Empathetic x 1
  10. luckybeemer

luckybeemer Member

Prayers to you. Same thing happened with bringing My lil one home. It is going to be a long journey helping my pup overcome car sickness. And she is always very hesitant to get in the vehicle. Before I got her, I told everyone I want her to go everywhere with me, seems she isn't going to make it easy for me. Lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1