Kennel abused my dog.

Does your local newspaper have a ‘letters to the editor section?’ If so I would write a scathing letter detailing the incompetence shown by the facility and their lack of concern over the events that led up to the situation that caused Rex’s physical and emotional decline. I would file a complaint with any reporting agency that oversees consumer concerns with this business. I would also use social media to find out if others have experienced this type of situation with their pet while boarding with that facility.
I would find a means to secure a copy of security footage during his stay. They have to have liability insurance in order to operate their business and I would find out the carrier and submit a complaint along with a letter of compensation for the medical bills incurred due to the negligence of the staff and facility itself.

With our boarding facility at the clinic we have a 3 page document that has to be filled out and signed prior to clients leaving their pet with us. It is a pretty comprehensive release form (I wrote it myself) that covers every possible situation that could occur during boarding and how the owners wish us to handle any and all situations in their absence. We go the extra mile to make sure the pet’s needs are first and foremost and their routines are met. If you as an owner have a routine at home that involves something as simple as using products on pressure points on a daily basis or brushing everyday, we make sure that routine is followed while boarding. We will never ever allow any other dogs to have physical contact with your dog. There is always one on one time spent with every animal that boards with us.
I am absolutely angered by how Rex was treated and I would find a way to have the employee (s) terminated that were involved in his maltreatment. I would be checking to make sure everyone working in the facility is certified to work in this field and find out what type training / certification they received to qualify them to work in animal care.
My blood is boiling over this, I can only imagine how you are feeling right now!

I plan on leaving negative reviews on their yelp, Facebook etc. just disappointed in everything. Hopefully they have some integrity. But I doubt it.

They don’t have cameras as it’s in a rural area and wouldn’t be feasible to stream due to lack of quality internet. Since they use a satellite.

Just an update, their manager called me and promised to “look into it and the video footage” and promised me a call back by a certain day. It’s a week over the certain day. And they’ve made no effort in contacting me.

I’ve come to the conclusion they could give a rats ass, so I’ve decided to leave a negative review on their yelp and share their yelp with you all and my other social media.

Operation Freedom Paws - San Martin, CA

Just an update, their manager called me and promised to “look into it and the video footage” and promised me a call back by a certain day. It’s a week over the certain day. And they’ve made no effort in contacting me.

I’ve come to the conclusion they could give a rats ass, so I’ve decided to leave a negative review on their yelp and share their yelp with you all and my other social media.

Operation Freedom Paws - San Martin, CA
Good for you for sharing your experience. Maybe if they have a social media manager someone will actually doing something. And if not at the very least you’ve warned others.

Yes I’d certainly be leaving bad reviews everywhere I could!! How’s your baby doing?

He’s back to his normal self and this experience is completely behind us now. I wrote a bad review and I’m disappointed because I had applied to go thru the service dog program. I had them remove me from the list.

Thank you for asking.

Another update.

Rex came back with sores/blisters on his paws last month.

I assumed they would just heal on their own and get better in time.

However today, I brought him to the vet because they got worse not better. Turns out he has an infection in both rear paws and when they were taking skin samples one of them popped and oozed our puss and other nastys. So he’s on anti biotics, topical solution and has the cone for the next few days and no hard physical activity. -_-

Attachments

• 54D7E79D-D485-4293-88E0-C972FFBA14E2.jpeg
    54D7E79D-D485-4293-88E0-C972FFBA14E2.jpeg
    496.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 60768B07-7663-4F69-8047-9A9BB18FE2F2.jpeg
    60768B07-7663-4F69-8047-9A9BB18FE2F2.jpeg
    353.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 095992DF-8DA3-44F8-8E0F-EDFBBADAE4A5.jpeg
    095992DF-8DA3-44F8-8E0F-EDFBBADAE4A5.jpeg
    318.8 KB · Views: 49
  • DAB2AE77-0DC6-48B8-BC00-96E93BA16CDC.jpeg
    DAB2AE77-0DC6-48B8-BC00-96E93BA16CDC.jpeg
    548 KB · Views: 41
Omg, anything else?! So this was a direct result from that kennel? SMH Poor Rex. :(

Omg, anything else?! So this was a direct result from that kennel? SMH Poor Rex. :(

He cameback with the sores and lumps on his paw. I thought they would of gotten better, I had been spraying vetricyn on them everyday. However they kept getting worse. I let them go for too long and should of reacted sooner. But they developed into infections. When they were taking scrapings one of the bumps popped and puss/blood came out. However it greatly reduced the size of the bump.

He can’t run or do anything strenuous for the next 48 hours and he has to be in the cone when not directly supervised. They said it could take up to 3 weeks to totally heal, however I’m hoping by Monday I can remove the cone.

Looks like a systemic staph infection. If kennels are not scrubbed and disinfected at least once a day, the bacteria goes wild. The least little cut or nick on the skin is an open portal for that bacteria to get in and spread through his system. I have seen it at kennels I have visited and the kennel help would hose the poop and urine while the dog was still in the run!:eek:
:wtf::wtf::bat:
Lack of proper sanitation causes this.
Now I am totally PISSED OFF AGAIN!!!!
:rp::machinegun:

Me too! Honestly! What does it take? Take care of my dog! I'm so sorry this happened to Rex! Innocent bystander. They get the money and he has all the problems.

Thankfully it’s really improved after popping them and anti biotics. Plus the vetrecyn. The cone not allowing him to lick it has helped. However, he’s not a happy camper being cooped up in his crate. However, the CBD has been helping. Hopefully Tuesday he will be able to go back to running.

Back