Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Kennel abused my dog.

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by Antman408, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Adding some pumpkin?

2. Antman408

Antman408 $ Forum Donor $

Yeah, with every meal. No change. However I think it’ll be sooner than 3 weeks. As most his wounds/sores have already closed. Swelling is down and they look clean.

• Like Like x 4
  3. MelonJ

MelonJ Notable member

Im so sorry to read all this! What a horrendous experience!

I pray he’s 100% soon!

As for loose stools, many of the facebook groups I am in recommend a Slippery Elm Bark supplement as their holy grail for loose stools or diarrhea. I would look into it for proper dosage if the looseness begins to last longer than you’re comfortable with. <3

My heart hurts for you, I’m so sorry this happened.

• Like Like x 1
  4. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Try this for Diarrhea.
    Use Organic ingredients and filtered water

5B946CDF-D78E-4BF5-9B5A-ECE7FDFB2BCA.jpeg

Add a Probiotic because the antibiotics also will kill good bacteria which are located in the gut. Which can cause diarrhea. I would also continue Probiotics even after ending antibiotics.
    I’m amazed Vets don’t mention adding them when prescribing antibiotics!
    There are human studies where just one round of antibiotics, that it can take up to 1yr for gut bacteria back to normal.

I would also give a Probiotic separate from food and meds. 1hr before food or meds. Also 2-3hrs after food or meds.
    5B2346C7-0FB0-4459-8C7C-F1646F9E7045.jpeg

Anytime when you can get living good bacteria like in the ones below are much better.

Or theses below and I would rotate between them
    Raw Goats Milk
    upload_2019-8-19_8-48-16.jpeg
    Or
    Fermented Cow Kefir
    upload_2019-8-19_8-48-44.jpeg

Or
    Fermented Fish Stock
    upload_2019-8-19_8-49-32.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I still can’t get over him having to go through this because of someone’s either laziness or ineptitude.
    Any kennel worth his weight as a good kennel will have raised rubber mats that will be easier to lay on or if they urinate it drains through so they don’t step in or lay in their urine. The mats are a huge help for avoiding pressure point calluses and those that have them then it helps them lessen the ones that have sores on the pressure points.
    It also prevents any chemical burns from the disinfecting they do in the kennels. Like I said earlier, I have seen kennels hose it out and splash disinfectant on it, all while the dog is in the kennels.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  6. Antman408

Antman408 $ Forum Donor $

I was told he’d have a elevated cot that was chew proof. However I don’t think that ever happened.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 3
    • Wow x 1