1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Jasper at the vet - restless

Discussion in 'Doberman Health Issues and Questions' started by Lizbeli, May 15, 2020.

1. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

@Ddski5

Tks for the compliment!

Actually I've found another good one for healing the gut. Its called ION*Gut Health for pets. They also have a human one.

Highly recommended by some Holistic vets from on an online seminar I attended.

ION*Gut Health For Pets – ION*Biome

ION*Gut Health For Pets is a gut-strengthening, vitality-boosting supplement sourced from 60-million-year-old soil and shown to naturally support your pet’s microbiome and defend against toxins such as glyphosate.

Terrahydrite® does for their gut and brain what it does for ours, helping your pet to jump, run, climb, and thrive. It goes beyond the scope of other pet supplements to support gut health, vitality, and immune function.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Lizbeli

Lizbeli $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Interesting. I have soaked his food since he was a pup. Im not soaking long, 10mins. Just a small amount of water to add moisture (maybe a 1/4 cup water). Im feeding Fromm Adult Gold, it doesn’t have citric acid on the ingredients list or analysis. My family has always soaked kibble. I actually thought it would prevent bloat because some of it was already soft and wouldn’t swell as much in the stomach. Guess I just assumed.

Very interesting.

Jasper is the same today. Diarrhea, but I think it looks a bit more put together. Still running around like a nut, just wanting to play. Im still sticking to light exercise until he is back to 100%.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2020
  3. Lizbeli

Lizbeli $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Figured I would close this thread. I stopped giving Jasper the omeprazole a couple days ago when I fed his dinner. Next morning he had a solid poop, and continues to. Coincidence, maybe. Either way he is all set now.

Ill be buying a cooling mat and following up with my vet for the fluids. They just opened up all their services today according yo my email. So well see!

Thanks for everyones input and support. Always sucks when our babies are sick. Especially when there is “bloat” hanging over your head. Im just relieved we are over this. We are still limiting hard play and exercise especially in the afternoon heat.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

So glad to here all is well with Jasper.

Still bet he ate something that screwed up his stomach. The timeline of onset to recovery makes sense with asshats antics.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

So glad he is feeling better and his tummy has settled, whatever it was! Sometimes we'll never know. Just know that you did right by taking him in. Heres to the relief and having a healthy pup again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1