Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Featured It's a Dobie thing!

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by Gretchen_Red, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Bacall, my female will have her nub going fast when she sees someone or the animals. Bogie, my male doesn’t wag the nub as much but his whole butt wags when he sees me. He doesn’t do it for strangers only those he is close to. He is much more reserved than Bacall as she never meets a stranger. Lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. DN2017

DN2017 Member

No Ace has a nub too! Yes sounds familie!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

"Clearing the nose for action."

I've found that after my Doberman has been lounging on the rug, or wherever he has been inactive – maybe snoozing – and I get up from the couch or otherwise give him a signal that I may give him some activity, he may do some sneezing! I have, half-jokingly, theorized that he is clearing his nose in preparation for action.

This is somewhat problematic now in our house where noise travels throughout. I spend some time on the couch, Oji lounges nearby. I give some conscious or subconscious signs that we may be getting ready for your walk. He gets up and paces around, every so often sneezing (of course loudly). He may go over by the front door, which is in front of the stairs that lead up to where my wife and child are sleeping and give these blasts of air from his beak – possibly waking up the sleeping.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

That is so funny to me because Rocky is the one that doesn’t know a stranger, Daisy was reserved with men mostly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

That's funny because Buddy does that sometime too. Not all the time. But when he's excited to go outside, he'll be sneezing all the way to the door! I'm like, okay, okay! For crying out loud! What a display! :spit:

6. GOD'S GRACE

GOD'S GRACE Notable member

I agree with Oji....Grace does the same thing.

7. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

Is this a Dobie thing or just a Jazzie thing? Not sure, but she has a VERY expressive tail. If she is intensely interested in something, a lizard in the grass or something she's digging for, her tail becomes curled stiffly upwards, with just the end dancing wildly from side to side. Sort of lashing. Something like this happens if she is not happy about being restrained with a leash when she'd rather be racing around, only then the whole tail thrashes, sort of like an angry cat! Would be hard to tell if your dog is docked I guess, but just wondering.
    IMG_20180323_074934.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. jazzies mum

Oooops. Forgot to say that Jazzies tail thrashing is totally different to her friendly, happy, pleased to see you wag. That is much slower, lower and involves a complete sideways sweep.

9. DobieTech

DobieTech New Member

OMG... what a pleasure it is to see all these posts!

Arya does all the above minus the sucking thing...
    1) Personal space is non-existent... she will boop-nose you in the privates regardless of who you are, how old you are, or what gender you are...
    2) I have been on the floor grasping my testicles on at least 20 different occasions... she can "sack-tap" like a champ
    3) You WILL NOT ignore her... don't you dare leave the house for even 30 seconds and come back in without spending at LEAST 10 minutes saying hello to her... if you ignore her upon your return to the house... regardless of the length of time you have been gone... she WILL let you know her displeasure... loudly... in your face... and it will not please her until you acknowledge your horrible manners
    4) If she really, really likes you... she will hug you so tight that her feet will come off the ground
    5) If she is hungry... the world must stop until she is fed... she will not wait... waiting is not an option... she will sit, stay, be calm about it... but 30 minutes (she eats at 6am and 6pm)... if it is 6:35... is absolutely NOT acceptable... you are a bad human for not feeding her on time...
    6) the legs... if you are sitting on the couch she will be in your lap... legs will be everywhere

• Like Like x 3
    • Wow x 1
  10. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I came across this one yesterday and it's pretty accurate. Forgive me if it's already been posted but I didn't feel like looking through every page to see if it was.

Doberman anatomy funny.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
  11. Mjlmatt

Mjlmatt Novitiate

I think Sports Cups were made for Doberman owners...... not sports!:)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. mshipway

mshipway Jr Member

Mine does the flop, whether it is on the ground, or on your lap, but a big flop to lay down.
    Secondly, he too needs to be fed at his specific times or he lets you know.
    And lastly Dober-sharking, that jaw slapping closed noise is very familiar, not in a dangerous way but just i think its a talking thing for him.
    Love these guys, this is my first but definitly not last Doberman!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. WILD ACE

WILD ACE Member

my all time fav is the blow air Huffing lips flapping huff when your not paying attention to him . Ace is also very good at slepping one paw on the ground and dragging it back like a bull.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. jazzies mum

Jazz has just been allowed to climb on the lap for the first time, and discovered how neatly she can package herself on there so none of her sharp corners cause a problem. Like nursing a great big, heavy, snoring beanbag of about 37kg. This must be a Doberman talent! :lmao:

15. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Yes, I have always found it a Doberman thing how small a package they can, and do, form themselves into. In my toying with the idea of getting a different breed next time (think large, Molosser-type) I bet I would lose this convenient quality.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Lizbeli

Lizbeli $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Gosh some of these crack me up. I should start reading from the begining again.

Jasper hops with his front legs when he wants something bad. Especially when I make his breakfast. I have a feeling its going to be a tough thing to train out of him.

He is a licker too, but only when he is ready for a nap. He will obsessively lick you until he falls asleep. Its actually really cute XD