It's a Dobie thing!

This is fun reading all of these!!

Janie does the nose poke. And she doesn’t quit after I tel her to and it’s gets so annoying haha. If she needs to go out, she does it. If she is telling on another dog/human, she does it. She does it for EVERYTHING lol.

When she’s in the car with us, she gets in between the two front seats and leans on the driver and pushes her face way onto us.... oh Dobermans hahah.

Yes, causes us to always say; "You make a better door than window", usually it's my husband as he stands in front of the TV without a thought to anyone watching it. Tunnel vision. :/

Ahaha, so not only are we twins, but the men are too?! And I thought I was the only person other than my grandma who used the window phrase.

Another quirk - coming up and putting their chin on your stomach and staring straight up at you.

Hubs and i just had a conversation the other night that went something like him saying "your dog is really weird ..." And me replying with "nah, he's a Dobermann ... " And then him asking "do they really all act like this?!" Bahaha. Yup, from what I can tell, they're all weirdos.

The weather here has been wet for a few days and I've been reading this tread and watching Grace...she done just about everything stated above to get a little extra attention, including all forms of the nose poke! She even knows when I'm getting tired of her cuz she knows "the look" and she retreats quickly...LOL....Wouldn't trade her for any other Breed and a thousand bucks.

:usa::dobe::cool:

your dog is really weird ..." And me replying with "nah, he's a Dobermann ... " And then him asking "do they really all act like this?!" Bahaha. Yup, from what I can tell, they're all weirdos.
So true!! They are definitely a unique breed. Mine are total comedians and troublemakers.:D

I thought this video covered quite a few of the "Dobe things". :D Just don't read some of the ignorant comments if you don't want to get annoyed. And that is why I stay away from those unmoderated FB groups.
Most of those videos are hilarious! Love it! I will just enjoy this and not go seek out any comments. I'm with you, Jan. I almost always avoid looking at comments from a wide range of unknown people. I basically don't do fbook.

Right! The Siamese or hairless cat at the end? She held her own.
I love it when I see cats boxing like that. Hilarious. Kind of look like a human boxer. I wonder if the cat was declawed. This shows the civilized nature of many dogs and Dobermans. He could have snatched up that cat's head with one quick bite.

I love it when I see cats boxing like that. Hilarious. Kind of look like a human boxer. I wonder if the cat was declawed. This shows the civilized nature of many dogs and Dobermans. He could have snatched up that cat's head with one quick bite.
Declawed cats go mentally crazy from the amputation which is what declawing is. It's not like 'just' removing nails. It's removing joints.

I think the dog deferred to the alpha in the cat because Dobes look for leadership, and that is a very confident cat.

:threadjacked::threadjacked::threadjacked:
Well we got a new blanket for Grace's bed today...I no longer wash them...they are torn and full of fur...they are killing my machines...so I spend 3.99 and replace them...

GRACE set an all time record this afternoon during nap time...
10% of the blanket is all ready ripped...frankly, I do this to save her boney elbows and knees...
If this keeps up I'm going to use DucTape!!!:lolsign:

:threadjacked::threadjacked::threadjacked:
Well we got a new blanket for Grace's bed today...I no longer wash them...they are torn and full of fur...they are killing my machines...so I spend 3.99 and replace them...

GRACE set an all time record this afternoon during nap time...
10% of the blanket is all ready ripped...frankly, I do this to save her boney elbows and knees...
If this keeps up I'm going to use DucTape!!!:lolsign:
So the fur is impacting your washing machine? I was highly suspicious of the same thing when our washer started acting up. I followed @JanS advice and went to Walmart. Found a bunch of fleece blankets for $3. What a steal!

I buy at the Good Will up the street from me...Queen size blankets are 3.99...I buy as many as they have...I no longer wash them...#1 grace chews them #2 bits and pieces are floating around my washer and I cleaned my dyer vent and it was covered in fur and bits and pieces...my concern there is fire from over heating...#3 I noticed my whites were picking up fur...so....NO MORE Washing/Drying dog bedding....I'm too lazy to go to the laundry mat...

I buy at the Good Will up the street from me...Queen size blankets are 3.99...I buy as many as they have...I no longer wash them...#1 grace chews them #2 bits and pieces are floating around my washer and I cleaned my dyer vent and it was covered in fur and bits and pieces...my concern there is fire from over heating...#3 I noticed my whites were picking up fur...so....NO MORE Washing/Drying dog bedding....I'm too lazy to go to the laundry mat...
That's a great price for that size. My blankets for K are probably a bit smaller than a twin bed.

Back