1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Featured Is your dog fat?

Discussion in 'Doberman Health Issues and Questions' started by GennyB, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Balakumar

Balakumar Jr Member

See photos of
    See photos of both

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Balakumar

Balakumar Jr Member

See photos of both

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

How cute! A pair of Dobermans is such a nice idea but they're so much work lol.

She actually looks fine to me. She doesn't look too skinny. Looks quite normal.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Balakumar

Balakumar Jr Member

She is 2.5 months old and 15.4 lbs

5. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Can't always judge by the numbers, but from the look of her she seems to be fine. I can't see her ribs but the pics are blurry too. Their tails look quite short too...am I seeing that right?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Balakumar

Balakumar Jr Member

Yes you are right. I am feeding more meat than rice

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  7. sheckler09

sheckler09 New Member

Newbie here.. the common sense is, when the dog is fat, we can buy the low fat dog food to feed the dog, but I saw a low protein dog food also at the pet store, so is it the same purposes?

8. Balakumar

Balakumar Jr Member

It can be used for weight management & renal failure dogs

9. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

I forgot about this thread.
    Since my last posting we’v managed to get Rocky down into the 80s.
    He was 86 on last vet visit in November I believe.
    He was 104 at a visit in 2016.
    Between a cut in diet and making sure he gets some action at least once a day real well or two short sessions spread out through the day. Which, he prefers :)
    If I’m home during the day I toss the ball upstairs many times throughout the day too, and play catch it as well.
    Make him go to the top of stairs, and sit. Then toss the ball so (if perfectly tossed) he won’t have to break the sit.
    He’s gotten pretty good at it and rather prancy when he does:D :dobe:

• Like Like x 11
  10. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

Any before and after pictures?

11. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Pics above would be before and I can’t really see a noticeable difference besides a top view where he’s a bit more slender through the waist to show more hip.

12. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

For those of us that need a visual..........

visual.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 2