Is it possible to post incorrectly?

Atlas’_human

Novitiate
New Dobie owner here and I think I’ve been posting wrong. I saw one of his litter mates last week and it’s had me questioning his ears. It almost looks like the bell of his ears are a little too faced front. If that’s normal please let me know if not is it to late to post differently he’s 4 months and a week

Attachments

• 6047093E-C7CF-43D5-89C3-E76FFA286A34.jpeg
    6047093E-C7CF-43D5-89C3-E76FFA286A34.jpeg
    682.9 KB · Views: 6
New Dobie owner here and I think I’ve been posting wrong. I saw one of his litter mates last week and it’s had me questioning his ears. It almost looks like the bell of his ears are a little too faced front. If that’s normal please let me know if not is it to late to post differently he’s 4 months and a week
@JanS @Rits your thought and opinions please

How are his litter mates ears different than your dogs? Yes you can post incorrectly. But it won’t change how much bell is left on your dog. In your picture, the dog is full alert. The littermate you saw might have been half alert. Meaning ears up, but turned sideways.

Like @Cferg mentioned, the shape of your dog's ears can't really be changed from posting. They look 100% normal to me. As he grows they will fit his head more. You are doing a great job posting from the looks of it!

bell of his ears are a little too faced front
The bell is the cup shape at the bottom of the ear. You aren't referring to the inside edge (natural edge that wasn't trimmed) are you? That edge has a natural soft fold of about 1/4" that faces backward. If you tape it forward you will lose that natural fold. I can't see from your photo if you have caused that fold to face forward.

Hopefully this image helps what @Ravenbird is talking about:

Those inside front flaps are gently tape back toward the middle of the head

IMG_20160413_221459989.jpg

The shape of the ears can change drastically depending on the view and their attentiveness, as well. Also, even within a litter, crop shapes can vary from dog to dog.

I agree that there are a ton of different crop styles so most of them are different. As stated, your post job looks fine so I would just keep doing what you're doing.

Welcome, BTW.

Back