jman123

Hey, I got a problem. My Dobermann is almost 7 months. When he is inside and everything is normal his ears are perfect. If he is concentrating, walking outside or using his muscles, his ears go together in the middle. The stand together like a triangle or even cross. Especially the left ear is laying wide to the mid and stand across/ crosswise. I hope somebody out there can help me, especially while taping with the „foam sticks“ he shake it of so it flicks out of the ear or going up from his gnubble. If there are some methods or ideas please help me, I’m really desperate with this situation :(

Ps. I know that is especially because of wrong taping and his shaking so nothing really hold. His ears are also fully healed, on some pictures there are some new skin and some irritations because of a wound he have.

Attachments

• IMG_6575.jpeg
    IMG_6575.jpeg
    269.3 KB · Views: 14
  • B2C15E27-9C86-4D35-99F0-2238DAE6571F.jpeg
    B2C15E27-9C86-4D35-99F0-2238DAE6571F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5957.jpeg
    IMG_5957.jpeg
    574.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5956.jpeg
    IMG_5956.jpeg
    520.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 0BBFCA9B-CE8C-47E1-B80A-5079267A04C7.jpeg
    0BBFCA9B-CE8C-47E1-B80A-5079267A04C7.jpeg
    273.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 91B277E8-4848-4EA3-A1C8-6D2E1BD6E51D.jpeg
    91B277E8-4848-4EA3-A1C8-6D2E1BD6E51D.jpeg
    620.7 KB · Views: 14
You need to keep posting since I can see they aren't ready. Keep using the backer rod/foam method and make sure you push it all the way down in the canal so he can't shake it out.

Hey, I got a problem. My Dobermann is almost 7 months. When he is inside and everything is normal his ears are perfect. If he is concentrating, walking outside or using his muscles, his ears go together in the middle. The stand together like a triangle or even cross. Especially the left ear is laying wide to the mid and stand across/ crosswise. I hope somebody out there can help me, especially while taping with the „foam sticks“ he shake it of so it flicks out of the ear or going up from his gnubble. If there are some methods or ideas please help me, I’m really desperate with this situation :(

Ps. I know that is especially because of wrong taping and his shaking so nothing really hold. His ears are also fully healed, on some pictures there are some new skin and some irritations because of a wound he have.
You probably have pockets and need to use a cotton ball to push them out. That is the cause for the teepeeing. Keep posting, the tips aren't done yet! If you are sure you are pushing the posts all the way in you may need to use the zip tie method. One of mine has very small ear canals and little to no bell to help hold the posts in. I find the zip ties stay in more consistently for him.

You need to keep posting since I can see they aren't ready. Keep using the backer rod/foam method and make sure you push it all the way down in the canal so he can't shake it out.
Thank you really much ! I will do it. I also push it as far down as it goes but the left side going outside every time he shakes. But maybe I tape it tighter. AAAAANND Do I need the bridge ? Because they alread stand so wide together ^^

You probably have pockets and need to use a cotton ball to push them out. That is the cause for the teepeeing. Keep posting, the tips aren't done yet! If you are sure you are pushing the posts all the way in you may need to use the zip tie method. One of mine has very small ear canals and little to no bell to help hold the posts in. I find the zip ties stay in more consistently for him.
Thank you very much ! Can you explain me what do you mean with the cotton ball? ^^ And where can I find the „zip tie“ method ? I think my dog has the same Probleme 😅

Can you explain me what do you mean with the cotton ball?
You put a cotton ball on the inside of the ear between the ear and the post to help push the pocket out (where the ear leans over, usually at the base).

And where can I find the „zip tie“ method ?

You put a cotton ball on the inside of the ear between the ear and the post to help push the pocket out (where the ear leans over, usually at the base).

Ok I will try ! Thank you so much

The bridge is only meant to be used in the very early days. I agree that you have pockets in the ears which is why they touch over the head. The ear canal is L shaped so pull up on the ear tip as you push the rod down the ear canal. At 7 months, you don’t have a lot of time, so you will need to post diligently to get this fixed soon. The crop is really nice so keep giving it all your effort.

The bridge is only meant to be used in the very early days. I agree that you have pockets in the ears which is why they touch over the head. The ear canal is L shaped so pull up on the ear tip as you push the rod down the ear canal. At 7 months, you don’t have a lot of time, so you will need to post diligently to get this fixed soon. The crop is really nice so keep giving it all your effort.
Ok,so the normal rod method. I will do it and I hope everything goes fine. Thank you !

Back