How to Post Cropped Ears (Video)

Yep don't worry it takes a little getting used to but once you get it down it's becomes second nature lol just make sure not to tape to tight I just kinda lay the tape on the ear and smush it on there. Baby powder on the backs of the ear will help prevent hair loss :) would love to see pics :)

Yes, you want the ear fold wrapping towards the inside of the head. The fold should be touching the skin of the ear, not folded towards the post

I will be starting to post myself and could use further clarification on taping the natural fold of the ear as shown in the video. Is the piece of ear flap flat against the sticky post or is it folded out? The video looks easy enough but I don't want to be doing it wrong.

Thanks

The fold does NOT get get wrapped on the sticky post.

The tape gets wrapped in the direction of the forehead. NOT towards the back of the head. (It gets wrapped in the direction of the part of the ear that was not cut/cropped)

How do you stop him from shaking his head constantly?! How does he get used to it? It is driving him crazy.

Attachments

• BF545BAB-03DC-4379-A392-93423A301C01.jpeg
    BF545BAB-03DC-4379-A392-93423A301C01.jpeg
    374.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 5EF0B2EE-AF03-4080-8A0B-9F909CAE1E73.jpeg
    5EF0B2EE-AF03-4080-8A0B-9F909CAE1E73.jpeg
    278.2 KB · Views: 12
As Doberman Gang said in other thread, you have to deep set the backer rod into the ear bell.

Your pup looks pretty young and so you are prob in the beginning stages of posting. So, post correctly and then immediately take him for a walk or do something distracting to take his attention off them.

It will take time, but he will get used to having them in his ears and then it’s no issues.

Because he is young, I’m using the 1/2 in backer rod and I am trimming the end to make a slight point so I can really get it in there. Could this be the problem? I tried putting cotton on the end, but that made it too big for it to fit down in the bell.

Because he is young, I’m using the 1/2 in backer rod and I am trimming the end to make a slight point so I can really get it in there. Could this be the problem? I tried putting cotton on the end, but that made it too big for it to fit down in the bell.

I don't think trimming the posts would cause your problem. I think gently pulling up on the ear while twisting the post as you are pushing them down in the ear will help getting the post down where you need them.
As far as backer rod size, maybe try 3/8"
In the beginning posting is new for both of you and like they say practice makes perfect. It won't be long before both of you get used to it and are sailing right through it.
Deep breath, relax and keep it fun, you'll be an expert before you know it!

I don't think trimming the posts would cause your problem. I think gently pulling up on the ear while twisting the post as you are pushing them down in the ear will help getting the post down where you need them.
As far as backer rod size, maybe try 3/8"
In the beginning posting is new for both of you and like they say practice makes perfect. It won't be long before both of you get used to it and are sailing right through it.
Deep breath, relax and keep it fun, you'll be an expert before you know it!
Thank you so much for your kind support! Second posting was better...

Nice method! But the tape looks too tight! It looks like your dobies ears aren’t bothered by it but if the tape is too tight it can cut off circulation and cause some serious issues.

the tape looks too tight! It looks like your dobies ears aren’t bothered by it but if the tape is too tight it can cut off circulation and cause some serious issues.
Trust me, most of us who here (including the OP) know very well that tape too tight can be disastrous so we know better than to put it on too tightly.

Nice method! But the tape looks too tight! It looks like your dobies ears aren’t bothered by it but if the tape is too tight it can cut off circulation and cause some serious issues.
You are correct, taping too tight is something to be aware of and avoid. But I assure you the tape was not too tight. Even if it had been, it was only on long enough to complete the video as River's ears were done well before the video was recorded.

Back