• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Goodbye Sweet Miesha.

Im so sorry for your loss. You did everything you could and more than many would have. I know you must be exhausted and heartbroken. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

:sorrow:Run free Meisha. May the sun shine on you always. You will be forever loved. :sorrow:

Today is a bittersweet day. Today she would have turned 18 months. The day I looked forward to since before we brought her home. I would have started our running training today. She was to be my running partner, and she would have been the best. She was so amazing on lead, always at heel, never distracted or reactive. She loved going for walks and short runs.
I was counting down the months to this very day.. and it stings that she is gone just the day before she even made it.

Thank you all for your warm thoughts.. I don't know what else to say. I cleaned up and put away all her stuff and its like she was never here. Its so surreal and sad.
IMG_0284.JPG
This was the last photo I took of her.

OMG So very very sorry. Miesha Run Wild and Free at the Bridge. Rest assured she is running and playing non stop with all of our others that have passed over Rainbow Bridge. They take such a big piece of our Hearts with them. But someday they will return them to us and make our Hearts whole again. When they meet us at the Bridge and never to be apart from us forever. Remember she can still hear you and see you so talk to her often. They are never far from us.
We are all here to help you and your family get through this very sad moment.

tfhdobiesymp.jpg

th[2].jpg

I want you to know that my heart breaks for you and your family. Even though I did not know your baby girl, through all the pictures and all the stories each and every pup and family here grows on you and it feels like we are all family even though so far apart.
I cry with you, and I hurt for you. It has not been a full year yet since I lost my sweet boy so I know far to well how you are feeling.
I found comfort in being told that when we love are animals they become sewn into our hearts, they become a part of us. Talk to her because she can still hear you and see you.
All my thoughts and love and prayers ~ Sandra

I'm so sorry and also relieved that dear Miesha is free now. You gave her the best of all things- love, home, family, and the best of care, but she had to go. There was no holding her back.

I don't know what to say. I can't stop crying. Its the first time I've been back here in several days and this is the first thing I saw. I am heartbroken for you and your family. You did so much for her and tried so hard! I am just so sorry to hear that she's gone. I know she is at peace now and out of pain and she will never leave your side. I know she walks with you every day! Losing our pets is one of the hardest things for us to go through! I have a hard time with my own but I grieve for my Doberman Chat friends too. Prayers for you and your family. Miesha has touched us all.

RIP Sweet Miesha :sorrow:

And every once in a while, when you're not expecting it, just out of the corner of your eye for a fraction of a second...
Yes, I've been there and in an odd way it's very comforting, like they're telling you they're still with you and okay.

Its been a rough go of it. In trying to come to terms with her passing and the horror of the last several months my husband and I started investigating the people she came from more deeply and I am disgusted to say that I was lied to on multiple accounts by unscrupulous people.
They said all the right things. Checked off all the good breeder requirements that I as a first time Doberman owner (who thought she was well researched) had required. Don't get me wrong, there were some red flags... but I was in a bad place and needed my girl.

Throughout her life I would ask my breeder to pass along my information and pictures to Miesha's brothers family so that we could meet up.. she said she did. I assumed that they just weren't interested. After everything that went down with my girl, i again asked my breeder to pass the info to them so they may be better informed in case he had health issues.. after finding that they disconnected their phone numbers for a second time I knew it was safe to assume they didn't. I decided I had to find her brother to let his family know what happened to her and give them a copy of medical records just in case.

Yesterday I scoured the internet with just his call name and the fact I knew they lived in NY and was so excited that I actually found him!! I found an obscure FB posting from a K9 Training Company upstate from last June and based on the name and age that was listed, and the fact he was the mirror image of my baby... I was 99% sure I had found him. I called the training facility and told them why I was calling and the trainer said he would reach out to his client. Within 5 minutes the his owner called me!! It was indeed him!!
I told her our story and what we had learned in our investigation. His owner never knew i had ever wanted to meet. At the very least, she will have more information if he were to ever get sick with anything. She said he was doing well though eluded to some "issues" earlier on but didn't mention what. I felt it was a small win for once!

The weather has been beautiful finally and so my boys begged me to pull out the Bouncy Castle from the garage. I pulled out the tarp that goes on the ground and unrolled it. Laying perfectly preserved across its surface was a trail of her muddy footprints from this past fall. It just broke me. I sat there bawling like an idiot.

She was the one that used to take the pain away when no one else could. She would climb into my lap and I could feel whatever was ailing me leave as if she would absorb it into herself. I don't have her now and all of the pain just festers. There is nothing in this world like the love of a Doberman, and no one can truly understand until they bring one into their life.

Its been a rough go of it. In trying to come to terms with her passing and the horror of the last several months my husband and I started investigating the people she came from more deeply and I am disgusted to say that I was lied to on multiple accounts by unscrupulous people.
They said all the right things. Checked off all the good breeder requirements that I as a first time Doberman owner (who thought she was well researched) had required. Don't get me wrong, there were some red flags... but I was in a bad place and needed my girl.

Throughout her life I would ask my breeder to pass along my information and pictures to Miesha's brothers family so that we could meet up.. she said she did. I assumed that they just weren't interested. After everything that went down with my girl, i again asked my breeder to pass the info to them so they may be better informed in case he had health issues.. after finding that they disconnected their phone numbers for a second time I knew it was safe to assume they didn't. I decided I had to find her brother to let his family know what happened to her and give them a copy of medical records just in case.

Yesterday I scoured the internet with just his call name and the fact I knew they lived in NY and was so excited that I actually found him!! I found an obscure FB posting from a K9 Training Company upstate from last June and based on the name and age that was listed, and the fact he was the mirror image of my baby... I was 99% sure I had found him. I called the training facility and told them why I was calling and the trainer said he would reach out to his client. Within 5 minutes the his owner called me!! It was indeed him!!
I told her our story and what we had learned in our investigation. His owner never knew i had ever wanted to meet. At the very least, she will have more information if he were to ever get sick with anything. She said he was doing well though eluded to some "issues" earlier on but didn't mention what. I felt it was a small win for once!

The weather has been beautiful finally and so my boys begged me to pull out the Bouncy Castle from the garage. I pulled out the tarp that goes on the ground and unrolled it. Laying perfectly preserved across its surface was a trail of her muddy footprints from this past fall. It just broke me. I sat there bawling like an idiot.

She was the one that used to take the pain away when no one else could. She would climb into my lap and I could feel whatever was ailing me leave as if she would absorb it into herself. I don't have her now and all of the pain just festers. There is nothing in this world like the love of a Doberman, and no one can truly understand until they bring one into their life.

If it makes you feel any better, you're not the only one to feel betrayed by a breeder. Some people just have a knack for manipulation and can fool the best of us. I wish there was an easy way to protect over selves and the dogs. I'm afraid there just isn't.
What we can do is remember the good times and think about the fact that no matter how short, at least we had that time. Let go ( I know easier said than done) of the bad and savor the good. Yeah, I know, that's a tough place to get to, but you can, I promise.
It's been just over a year since I lost my girl. It was and still is pretty hard for me. She was the "one". There was just something about her that captured every part of me, especially my heart.
No matter how long we have a dog with us, it's never long enough. You just have to keep in mind at least you did have that time. And because you can't see her doesn't mean she is gone. She left her paw prints with you that make you a better person. She lives on through you from her special place in your heart.
Every dog that you own from here in out will have a piece of her be cause if what she taught you.
I know all too well, it's tough times you're going through, just know you will get through it. Miesha will perch herself on that special shelf in your heart and you will carry on with her as part of you.
I truly hope you find that place.

We have all been in the same place with breeders like that at sometime. Its tough but don't beat yourself up a lot over it. Think about all the great times you had with her.
Glad you got to find her brother. And it gave you some comfort to help pass along Miesha's information.

Yes they are never far from us and give you signs (like Miesha's paw prints) at times that they are close by. I always say they can hear and see you, so talk to them often.

@Prushanks

I think many of us have a good idea where you are right now, we've lived a similar hell.
The burn will subside some in the coming months but the wound will remain fresh for some time.
Just reading that about the paw prints reduced me to tears.

It's good you're here sharing and venting. It's good for your soul and will help you heal. It helped me.

We're always here for you.

I think many of us have been there with the "bad breeder". Our first lab came from a byb/puppy mill more or less. I didn't know any better. We showed up and the guy had like 4-5 litters of just black lab pups, I don't even know how many chocolates and yellows he had as we were only interested in blacks. He said both parents were purebred AKC, but had lost some paperwork or something so our boy was cheaper since he couldn't be registered. Man, I wish I had known then what I know now. We lost him at 3 to a nasty brain tumor.

Apply what you have learned moving forward. Do not let it be in vain. When we went to get our most recent lab, I turned away from more than one breeder. One was just as bad as where we got our first boy, just a slightly smaller operation. Multiple labs in pens together. All outside. Some very obviously mixed. She had no clue who the father was of the upcoming litter. As much as we wanted a pup, we walked away and found another breeder that we ultimately loved.

When your heart is ready, open it up to a new pup. It will be bittersweet, but I think it helps in a lot of ways as well. Kaizer was my mender after I lost my husky. I held out 2 months before I realized I needed a new pup. And I'm soooo glad I did it. He took a lot of the sting of pain away.

Yes, our first breeder was one of "those", even though I thought I did all of the research. It turned out that she knew all of the right things to say on her site, but in reality things were different. We lost him when he was 4 due to an accident, but he's still in our hearts and by our side all the time.

The two we have now came from honest breeders who care and while they can't replace our lost loved ones, they sure fill our lives with joy and happiness.

Back