1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Fly High

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by Rits, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Logan 45

Logan 45 $ Premium Subscriber $ $ Forum Donor $

What and awesome life you guys had! Dogs become apart of who we are looks and like you have some great memories RIP.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Hot Topics Subscriber

So sorry to hear that Java has passed. I will have to read this thread properly later as I am sitting in a public car park in floods of tears. I think it is a good way to go though, laying in the sun and just drifting away. :sorrow:

3. jazzies mum

What a beautiful photo show thoughout her life. Boy, could she get some air! Such a happy dog too and she had a blessed life. :love:

4. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Been thinking of you, @Rits. We are always here for you :kissingheart:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Thank you... after a few days I feel its inevitable for one to start questioning themselves thinking about shoulda coulda woulda situations. Like, I should've performed CPR longer. I should've brought her inside for a moment like I literally thought about before coming inside. I had my hand on the kennel door...and decided not to so she could drink and pee on her own. Its hard not to beat yourself up, and it feels guilty to do so when she did have such a long life. But I keep thinking about how she seemed to be doing so well and then lights out. :(

• Empathetic Empathetic x 6
  6. Viemarangelrock

I know how hard it can be and how we mentally beat ourselves up, we shouldn’t...but we do. That’s part of our coping mechanism.
    You had no way of telling AT THE TIME what was going to happen next. As difficult as it is please don’t question your actions, if’s and buts. If it is time to go, it is time to go. NOTHING can stop it!

I am so moved, and so deeply touched by the power of your love. For all of her life, Java was incredibly fortunate that you were both there for her.

She will be watching over you both and always with you in spirit.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  7. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

How is Paige handling things now?

8. Rits

She seems to be doing ok. She used to race Java to their kennel so she could hog the entire bed by laying right in the middle and not move. Java was too polite to ask her to move so she would puzzle piece herself somewhere lol. Since Java passed, Paige oddly had been laying up against the front of the kennel...which is not like her. Until yesterday. I heard a weird noise and saw her doing this weird downward dog and pinch move, scrunching the blanket on their bed into a nest like she usually does. She stopped and looked at me like "Wut?" :D and then promptly laid in the middle of the bed. I'm glad to see her do that again.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 5
  9. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

That's exactly what I was going to say. When we lost Boris I was flooded with guilt after the fact about the "what ifs" but in reality, it couldn't have been changed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. blacknrust

blacknrust Notable member

What a beautiful life Java had. I am so sorry for your loss.

11. Rits

I had this artwork done for my husband. We will eventually print and frame it to put in our house once it's built. With everything going on we are holding off on pushing forward with our home construction. We are fortunate that we bought property around Christmas in full and have no debt. Also consider ourselves lucky that we hadn't started construction due to being occupied spending precious time with his mother in Ohio while she was sick.

Derek really likes the art. The green and pink were Javas colors. I've also made her an urn to put her ashes in, and a shadow box to hang her collar and put pictures in. It's looking really nice. I will share when we can go out to get more supplies after all this virus stuff calms down.

445_Digital Proof_Java Dog_12x16 inches.jpg

• Wow x 5
  12. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

That's absolutely gorgeous!! So Java! :love:

13. Lizbeli

Lizbeli $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Wow, that is beautiful!

14. Viemarangelrock

So beautiful!

15. jazzies mum

I love that picture! I was going to comment on your new avatar, but it looks even better full size! Beautiful. :love:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

What a beautiful way to remember her! It looks so real.

17. Rits

I was able to finish Java's urn and I thought I would share it here. Took me longer than I wanted but with the virus, most photo centers were down until I finally got an online service to work and had her pics shipped to me. The photo display box turns. I got it from Hobby Lobby. Then stained, painted the letters in her color, and added some metal feathers. It worked out wonderfully if anyone is looking for a way to nicely honor their beloved pets.

IMG_20200607_000426_MP.jpg
    IMG_20200607_000214_MP.jpg
    IMG_20200607_000205_MP.jpg
    IMG_20200607_000112_MP.jpg

We received Javas ashes back a few days after her cremation. We went through a pet cremation service that a family friend owns. They were very thoughtful and sympathetic. She scheduled us so when we arrived we had the place to ourselves and a private room to say our last goodbyes. We were allowed to leave toys with her so we sent her off with her newly beloved pea she received just the day prior and her favorite, the classic tennis ball. Java could fetch all day every day. Chuckit balls, tennis, frisbees, you name it. It was only fitting to let her take one with her. We picked up her ashes at our vet. The packaging was very well done with a lot of thoughtful touches and poems throughout. Couldnt even go through it all the first day without stopping to shed some emotional tears.They also did paw imprints that we opted for. So glad we did... I have a shadow box I'll be putting her collar, more pictures, this imprint and some of her title ribbons in. We miss you crazy girl. You'll forever be in the middle of the action like you always were.

received_565883134118240.jpeg IMG_20200320_215731_MP~2.jpg received_735572440572137.jpeg received_286944552428231.jpeg

• Appreciation Appreciation x 8
  18. Rits

The ladies of DCF mod team sent this beautiful momento box with Java's image. My husband uses it daily on his office desk for his things. So blessed to have a wonderful support group here.

IMG_20200607_005030_MP.jpg IMG_20200607_005106_MP.jpg

• Appreciation Appreciation x 9
  19. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Fresh tears. :( Lovely, Amanda.

20. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Notable member

yes, fresh tears here too.