Dean & Tyler Dog Collars

Lizbeli

Hot Topics Subscriber
Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone has ever purchased from this site? They have so many nice looking leather collars and harnesses. Price is expensive, but I don't care as long as the product is well made. They seem legit and I can imagine a Doberman would look ridiculously handsome in one of their leather collars!

Handmade Leather Dog Collars | Premium Dog Collars

These are a few I am interested in. I can't decide which I like better. I am also wondering if anyone has the reddish brown leather and a black doberman?

Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 8.12.40 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 8.14.03 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 8.14.26 PM.png

Last edited:
I haven’t shopped there but wanted to say that I can see the brown leather looking good on a Doberman especially if the color would closely match their tan/rust markings. I really like the top one too.

My friend with a Dutchie bought her working harness from Dean & Tyler and it's beautiful & the workmanship is outstanding. It didn't fit quite right and she sent it back with what needed to be adjusted and they did it cheerfully and at no extra charge. She said she'd buy from them again in a heartbeat. But yes, spendy$. I love the top & bottom collars you pictured!

Thanks everyone! I think I am going to go for that leather choke collar first. I like thinner collars but I know I need something strong like leather. Jasper is only 6mths old so I think ill wait to get the black one. Ir maybe ill go nuts and order it a few inches bigger haha.

I like that a lot! I do want to get him a decorative collar for when we go out to family functions and special occasions.

I just got the email today for the tracking number. Im hoping that I measured correctly and the collar fits! I have never had a leather choke collar before. Hopefully he isn't an idiot and doesn’t pull on it. Id like to be able to use it for casual walking. Ill update with pics when it comes in!

After looking at leather for many years dealing with horses, I’ve developed an eye for what is quality and conversely what’s cheap. They look very nice! Not sure how much they are, but I bought a padded black leather collar for Rio that was around $25 and I’m pretty impressed with it. They also have a number of other color variations.

It’s called Soft Touch and I bought it as a “fancy” collar for when we go out and about downtown, shopping or out to eat. Otherwise all the dogs have biothane collars which are completely weather and wear proof, incredibly strong and durable, and a little cheaper than the leather with an included riveted name plate.

488B4D40-D70A-479E-BA77-ADBFA6FA93C2.jpeg EA991910-B12D-457C-84D3-8AA82C4D751B.jpeg

I'm not familiar with them but there are so many quality collar makers out there!

We won a collar from @JerseyFirefighter and it's stunning and exactly what I had in mind.

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190218165334291_COVER.jpg

This collar has a bit more bling and came from a company called Ellas Leads. I LOVE their black latigo leather leashes.

IMG_20171110_153527-01.jpeg

I like that collar, @Brioddy! Might have to pick one up for Mr Moose!

I saw the soft touch leather collars they look so nice. I saw one too that was a teal color which looks nice in Jasper.

I got the collar in. Its very heavy duty and well made. However I didn't pay attention to the 1” thickness. I wanted a thin slip collar. It looks deceivingly thin in the photos lol.

I ordered it a bit bigger so he can grow into it. Its too big now. Ill upload photos later.

Excellent quality! Heavy duty lifetime collar. I will definitely be getting the black flashy one when he gets older. That one is expensive so I'm not going to guess how big it needs to be like I did this one.

Im sure this one will fit much better in a few months or so.

FE20BB74-3D92-4040-A55A-2339701355EA.jpeg 2A2461D6-CBD2-426C-92B2-E7AAA9A2C307.jpeg E4288B3D-40EB-4AE5-9CDB-2AD69329FBC5.jpeg

I think I went with their 18-22in option because his neck already measures at 17”. I would have went with their 16-20in if I wanted it to fit better now but it would be a waste of $60.

I was just asking because even though Brinks has 15 lbs on Rio his neck size is smaller. He still fits in his collar I got for him when he was 6 months old which I believe is an 18”. Of course it’s on the last hole now when he started on the third, but it’s plenty loose enough. Meanwhile Rio has a 24” collar from Soft Touch and he is on the last hole if it’s gets any tighter I’m gonna have to order another! I do think his hair has something to do with it and he is quite a bit more stocky.

Looks great! How old is your pup right now? And yes, it looks slimmer in that catalog photo than it does on the neck. It's still really good looking though.

Are you measuring his neck up higher behind his ears? Rubies neck measures 15" which is usually where the middle notch on the collar is, I believe. She doesn't wear them that high, but that's always the size I order

Edit: realized it's a slip collar so might not be relevant *duh me*

I measured on the the middle of his neck. But because it was a slip they said to measure around the widest part of his head which was around 18”.

Ill take a soft tape to the collar when I get back from work. Ill guess that the whole length is 22” because I ordered an 18-22”. Must be why it looks so loose on him.

Back