Any Insights from Experienced Handlers?

Alan Marbul

Novitiate
I reside in the remote Highlands of Scotland, and our Doberman pointer enjoys chasing deer. Although she's not used for hunting, she accompanies us on hill walks. I'm in search of a basic yet reasonably priced full GPS tracking device for dogs that doesn't require a mobile signal.

After conducting a Google search for GPS collars without mobile coverage requirements, I found that such products are scarce and expensive. The results led me to the Aorkuler dog GPS tracking device. I carefully reviewed their website, including a comparison with Garmin products.

Has anyone used this product? Honest feedback would greatly assist me in making the right decision.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have any experience with the tracking device. Hunters use them for their dogs more than anyone, so you might ask a hunters group for best advice?

I suppose electronic collars are not allowed in Scotland to train recall? Chasing and harassing livestock here in the United States will get a dog shot dead (it is legal to kill a trespassing dog on your property if it is chasing or killing livestock, including chickens!) and allowing to chase wildlife is against the law in our public forests here. If your dog won't recall off a deer she likely won't recall off cattle or sheep or horses either. I would never allow my dog off leash if I didn't have a reliable and instant recall.

I hope this didn't come off as a scolding, it's just a bit hard for me to imagine letting my dog disappear and relying on a tracker to find her in the forest!

Welcome to Doberman Chat from New Mexico, USA

I reside in the remote Highlands of Scotland
Are you still there? Your profile says US.

I agree that in this country many people will shoot your dog if they see it chasing deer or livestock so it's best to keep her on a long line for walks.

I've heard Garmin makes a good tracking collar but it's pricey and I'm not sure what kind of service you need.

I reside in the remote Highlands of Scotland, and our Doberman pointer enjoys chasing deer. Although she's not used for hunting, she accompanies us on hill walks. I'm in search of a basic yet reasonably priced full GPS tracking device for dogs that doesn't require a mobile signal.

After conducting a Google search for GPS collars without mobile coverage requirements, I found that such products are scarce and expensive. The results led me to the Aorkuler dog GPS tracking device. I carefully reviewed their website, including a comparison with Garmin products.

Has anyone used this product? Honest feedback would greatly assist me in making the right decision.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
I understand the challenge of poor cell signal, especially in rural areas. I encountered a similar issue in rural America where standard dog trackers were rendered useless. I tried Fi, but it didn't work at all, and I had to return it.

Currently, I'm using the Aorkuler dog GPS tracker. It offers a simple yet effective function of providing real-time location tracking for my dog. The device meets my needs perfectly, and the price is more affordable compared to Garmin. If your primary requirement is real-time location tracking, Aorkuler is a reliable choice.

However, if you have more complex needs, such as tracking multiple dogs simultaneously or accessing detailed activity tracks, especially for hunting purposes, Garmin might be a more suitable option.

So you let your Doberman run freely, out of sight, chasing deer/animals? Does your Doberman have a good recall? Does he disappear for hours on end?

Your title is requesting insight….

No conflict intended here but there’s no way I would allow my Doberman to run offleash freely chasing deer. There’s no way I would ever allow them to be out of my sight…

I would take the money used for a GPS system and invest it on obedience/recall training and an ECollar. Great thing about this is it can be used for more than one situation. Obedience and recall is a great structured foundation into a much greater relationship and an ECollar is such a fantastic tool. No the ECollar will not GPS find them lost in the woods but it can be used as a preventative tool to stop chasing animals and learn to stay in sight of the owner.

Would love to see pictures of your Doberman in Scotland.

Note: I think also…you two posters may be kinda referring to Dobermans being used as a hunting purpose. Definitely not what the majority of owners use their Dobermans for.

Last edited:
Are you still there?
Pretty sure this is spam. Amazing the lengths they go to these days... IP reads Texas but they say they are in Scotland (could be VPN). Profile picture from a Google search. Pretty fishy for two new accounts first posts to be about this specific gps collar. The post also reeks of advertisement. My apologies if Im wrong.

A doberman pointer??? Would love to see more pictures in an intro thread @Alan Marbul

Agree @Rits. I always try to be polite while saying what I think, try to assume they are a real person wanting honest answers. But I saw the name dropping to a brand name, then a novetite answer with same inserting of brand name dropping... Geeze...

Back