1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Daisy

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by Gelcoater, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Liberty & Justice

Liberty & Justice Formerly Sophia's Justice Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm unaware of what it's like, In fact it's a fear I fear most days. I relate my deepest sympathies to you Gel. May she rest in peace.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. Liberty & Justice

Christ, I wish I had better words, to be frank I'm just in shock. I don't come here much anymore and to see this was to say the least a tear jerker. As I sit here wondering what's going thru your mind I have to say I think about loosing my two often. When they take off into the woods ( is this the last time I see them ), when they go around the corner out of site, all of this comes to thought of a loss. I'm glad you had a great day with Daisy and I'm sure she is watching over all of you at this very moment. May your pain lessen with time my friend.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Thank you, Stephen.
    It seems that the pain does not lessen with time, but the "sting" does a little.
    I miss her so much.
    That pain won't go away. She's still my waking thought.
    But I have had moments of, I'm not sure of the right words? Thankful? Blessed?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Empathetic Empathetic x 1
  4. Liberty & Justice

Again I cannot fathom that notion.......I can assure you I hugged Liberty and Justice moments after reading the initial post, so a weird " Thanks " is in order. Time and time again I continue to say " Live for the day" and buddy,I am glad to see you did just that on that memorable Sunday. I realize these are strange words to say with grief being the principal of conversation, but in some odd way I hope it helps. I will tell you I will be thinking of your beloved Daisy tonight.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 5
  5. StarlightDobe

StarlightDobe Hot Topics Subscriber

I just saw this, and it was so reminiscent of the day I lost Mysti. She woke up, ate her breakfast normal, like she had not eaten for days, and then her and Nexus played a bit, she was normal, in all ways. A few hours later, she wanted to take a nap and laid on the living room floor, I went outside with Nexus and Mysti didnt want ot go, when we came back in, Mysti was behind my husbands chair, in the corner, shaking, she had wet on the floor, .. I had to lift her up and help her walk, she was very uncoordinated, and I knew that her Addisons was giving her problems. I gave her her prednisone and helped her to her bed. She never left it. I had an eye dr appt scheduled for that day, I did not want to go but it had taken so long ot get it that I had to. My husband said we would take her to the vet as soon as we got back if she wasnt feeling better. There was a scrwe up at the eye dr and they were closed when we got there so we rushed home, but it was too late, and my girl was gone. I carried that guilt with me for years, at least 3 of them .. maybe 4. I blamed myself for her not getting the help she needed. I still cry over her, I still miss her, 6 years later, she is on my mind every day, most of the time its fond memories, most of the time I can smile and tell stories of what a great wonderful dog she was. some days though, especially her birthday and the day we lost her, are hard. I cry, I sit by her ashes and talk to her, and yes, even now I still apologize for not taking her to the vet.

I can tell you the pain never leaves, but I can also tell you it gets easier to accept and it becomes like an old friend. The memories will soften the pain in time, and they will become something to smile about, instead of crying over. Im sorry that you lost her, she had a grand day though, surrounded by love, and her family,. I still cannot get past the part where my girl only had Nexus with her in the end, but I suppose thats better than being alone. I am happy she had at least that.

Its been a long time since I spoke of her like this, I wanted to let you know that she will always be with you, in your heart, and as long as she is in your heart, she is never truly gone. Your love will keep her with you forever.
    God Bless, and sleep softly precious girl, run free with my girl, and all the others at the bridge, you are in some very good company.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 6
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Judith

Judith Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh Gel, I have not been going through all the threads but just seen Daisy's name, so so sad to hear you have lost your beloved Daisy, she was blessed to have had a wonderful family to love and whom loved her so much and how she had so much fun in her life, her last day sounded just perfect , Like Stephen said this is my biggest fear in my life it to lose my dogs but mostly Bella as she is 9 1/2 now I don't know how I will keep breathing if I lose her.
    As Daisy took her last breath in this world she took her first breath in the next and I am sure she will be waiting for you god bless you and your family upload_2016-12-3_20-32-37.png

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  7. Zippo

Zippo Member

I just found this post and I've been tearing up ever since and smiling, oddly; of all the beautiful pictures posted. My parents lost there dog last year, mine too, since I lived home for 9 of the 10 years she was alive. When it happened I remember walking into my moms kitchen and losing it, I had to "man" up and leave the kitchen to face my mom balling.

It's been a little bit now and they've since got a new pup, and most of the cries turn into smiles and happy memories. Every once in a while I still get choked up, remember the good times, the dog had the best life it could because of you. And only because of you. Remember that.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  8. Gelcoater

Happy Birthday my girl.
    You would have turned 8 today.
    I miss you

• Empathetic Empathetic x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Gelcoater

Today I set some pavers and poly sand.
    It's finally dry enough to get done.
    Had to get out the hose to wet it down. I then watered the plants.
    As I watered the sugar cane out of the corner of my eye...
    I lost it.
    It occurred to me sometime later I hadn't used that hose since the day she died.
    It then occurred to me today is the second.
    I lost it again.
    Today marks 6 months.
    It seems like it was last week.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 13
  10. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I'm so sorry Gel. Boy those emotions sometimes is like a flood gate opening.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. bomary

bomary Hot Topics Subscriber

I still think about her and the day you lost her often. I'm sorry that you had a trigger to your grief; I guess that will always happen with any kind of loss, but it sure makes for a tough day. Nothing helpful to say...just still so sorry for your loss.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. blacknrust

blacknrust Notable member

I am so sorry for your loss...

13. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Gel We know how you feel. It was Strykers 1yr ago on Feb. 13th. We also still have these kind of moments.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 4
  14. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I get it! It's been just over a year for me. I still have those moments where I can't hold back.
    The other day I was outside with the dogs. I look up from my paperwork and there's Rumor, laying in Greta's spot, looking like the Queen of the backyard. I swear she even looked fawn colored. I would have sworn I saw my Goober girl there. I lost it! My first instinct was to make Rumor move. She can't lay there....that's Greta's! In the end somehow I found some peace in the moment. Telling myself it was Greta telling me she's still with me in the only way she can.
    Man, this whole grieving thing sucks!

• Empathetic Empathetic x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Yes Genny it's possible they were laying there together.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm convinced by the peace I felt when I realized it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Gelcoater

image.jpg image.jpg

You would have been 9 years old yesterday.
    Miss you

• Empathetic Empathetic x 9
  18. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Happy Birthday sweet Daisy. I hope you are celebrating with all our babies and your new pals over the bridge.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Liberty & Justice

Happy Birthday Daisy ! I'm sure she's thinking of all of you

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Aw, sweet Daisy! Happy 9th birthday over the rainbow bridge sweetheart xoxo

• Like Like x 1