1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Daisy

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by Gelcoater, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

she's been gone for an hour and 47 minutes.
    I'm numb.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 16
  2. bomary

bomary Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh my God, I am so incredibly sorry. Oh, just SO sorry...I have no words; I have chills and tears in my eyes, but who cares about me right now...Sweet girl, and I just can't imagine your grief. Truly cannot and don't want to imagine it.
    I am just so sorry.
    Please stay in touch (if not on the open forum, then with your close friends in PM); I can't imagine going through this sadness without people who know what it's like. My heart absolutely breaks for you.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. AresMyDobie

AresMyDobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Omg Gel ! What happened ? I'm so sorry !

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. NikiL02

NikiL02 Formerly Nlr02 $ Forum Donor $

Oh no. I'm so sorry. :sorrow:

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Prushanks

Prushanks Hot Topics Subscriber

OMG what happened Gel?? Oh gosh I am so so sorry!! :sorrow:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I am so incredibly sorry.
    I can tell you that it has been 9 months and in some ways I am still numb.
    My thoughts are with you and your family as you try to navigate through this. It's tough, just focus on the good times cause there were plenty.
    I have to say I'm a bit shocked. I was just thinking about Daisy and thought I would log on and find the thread where the vet found the murmur and see what you found out about it.
    Run free beautiful girl! You will be missed by many. :sorrow:

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. CRDobe

CRDobe Notable member

Please know my thoughts are with you.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh my gosh, no! :( I'm so terribly sorry and we're here to talk. I just can't believe it and I'm having a hard time typing through tears...

Run free beautiful Daisy. :sorrow:

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Oh no! My heart sank when I saw thread title just "Daisy" and then saw that it was in memorials. I'm so sorry. We're here to lend a sympathetic ear to you and share fond memories of your girl when you are ready.:down:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Empathetic Empathetic x 1
  10. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh no!! What happened?! I couldn't believe it reading this and seeing the section. We are here for you to talk when you are ready. I'm so sorry...

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I have no words that will console the ache you feel without her. I understand that dark abyss that just encompasses you, only your own time to process and make sense of such a loss will put one foot in front of the other to get you to your point of where your thoughts are safer and not scattered over such devastating loss.
    We truly are here for you and this journey won't be easy but must be done in your own time of grieving.
    My heart and prayers go out to you.
    How old was Daisy?

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. WiglWerm

WiglWerm Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh NO!! I am so sorry GEL!! :down: Please know you and your family are in my prayers. :sorrow:

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. TheDoctor'sMom

TheDoctor'sMom Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh no, Gel :cry: I am heartbroken to hear about Daisy. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. :sorrow:

14. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

OMG Gel! I'm so sorry. I couldn't believe I was seeing her name in the Memorials. I know your family is devastated. You're in our thoughts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Drogon

Drogon $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

So sorry for your loss :sorrow:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. MischasMomma

MischasMomma Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Oh Gel I am so so sorry. I just don't have words and I can't even imagine your heartache right now. My heart stopped when I saw her name and then saw it 2as under memorials, my heart just breaks for you. Know you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers and were here for you when the time is right and you feel comfortable talking. Send love and hugs from one coast to the other!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

OMG @Gelcoater! I cannot believe I am reading this about your girl, Daisy :(

Please accept my sincerest condolences. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this very sad time.

Run free beautiful girl! :sorrow:

• Like Like x 1
  18. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Daisy,
    Not one of us on this forum ever met you, yet we knew you and loved you . Some may ask "how can that be? How do you love a dog you never met? It's quite simple, you see you were the essence of a doberman. Everything we as dobe lovers seek in our dog. You were gentle and loving with your girls. We've all seen the the pictures of you snuggled up with them. You were loyal and obedient, we have heard the stories of your walks off leash with times it could have gotten ugly. You being a good dog chose to listen so it ended well. You were a clown, a true doberman trait. Your silly antics have kept us entertained over the years. Though it was a challenge for you, you welcomed your little brother Rocky. We all know you love him, it's okay if you didn't want to let anyone else to know that. We all know he was your secret buddy and no matter what, you still reigned as Queen. You were fearless and protective, even if sometimes it was just the hose that was trying to get your family. You were ready to take charge and stop the invasion.
    Now it's time for you to rest, and we are all saddened you had to go so soon. Just know you did well. You gave us a vision of what we all hope our dobies can be. It is with very heavy hearts that we say good bye to you, yet there is some hope that we can all have a girl like you.
    If you run into my girl, say hi you guys could be great friends. She was a lot like you. Now run free knowing you did your job well while here on earth. Don't be sad by all the tears being shed for you. It is just part of the process for us. We will eventually heal and look back at you with nothing but love in our hearts.
    It's not really good bye, it's till we meet again. RIP beautiful girl!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Gel,

We are all in shock at the loss of one of our matriarchs. No one will ever replace Daisy and nothing will ever feel this way. Take hope in the knowledge that you and your family are already starting to heal, though it may not feel like it yet.

You will certainly be in my prayers. I'm going to let my wife know too here in a minute, so you will be in her thoughts and prayers as well.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh, no! I couldn't believe this when I saw her name in the Memorials! I am heartbroken! Not Daisy! I don't know what to say. :( I am so sorry, @Gelcoater So sorry. :(

RIP Daisy. You were loved and will be missed so much!

21. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Thank you all for the kind words.

@GennyB special thanks to you.
    Your post this morning was beautiful. I admit it caused a somewhat major break down this morning. I'm sure there will be more.
    It would seem her heart was much worse than the vets expected.
    I'm about as disappointed in myself as a person can be. I had put off the heart check till after my busy season at work.
    I make the majority of my money of the year during a 3-4 month window.

As it happens this season started later and ended later. I had finished my final jobs this past Friday. My intention was to call and set up tests today. She had a small growth on her eyelid that was going to have to be surgically removed and the vet and I decided to get the EKG, x ray of the heart etc while she was under and before they performed the surgery.

Yesterday was a beautiful day. The sun was out.It was warm but not hot. The wife and I along with the dogs were out back doing some tree trimming and general yard work.
    Daisy was unusually playful. She was dragging out toys out of corners of the yard she hadn't touched in months.
    My daughter Sam had come out back for a while (sort of unusual for her, teenagers are allergic to yard work) had spent some time with them.

Part of the yard work was of course watering the plants. Daisy's favorite part of the day besides meal time.
    We had a blast, as she always loves the water play.
    After watering I walked down the side of the house to throw some stuff in the trash and throw a couple things in the tool box.
    I came back into the back yard, my wife was raking leaves (back to Daisy) and Daisy had laid down.
    I noticed a wet spot at Daisy's backside. Some of you may recall she had a spay incontinence issue and was on Proin. I thought to myself I must have accidentally skipped a pill.
    Then I noticed her eyes were open and her tongue was slightly sticking out.

She was gone. Just like that.

I absolutely lost it. I'm sure my neighbors know what's going on even though I have not spoke with them.
    I was loud.

I'm trying to focus on the positives.
    I'm so thankful to have had such a great dog in my life.
    As our friend @Drogon has said and this so fits. "No, it's not like your dog. This is a Doberman.Its like a dog only better"
    It so fits.
    Other things I am greatful for

It was a Sunday, the whole family was home. It's not uncommon for me to work Sundays.

My daughter got to spend time with her during her last hour.

It happened at home, and quickly. No vet visit causing anxiety.
    And because of that Rocky has some closure here too.

She had an absolutely great morning, we had a lot of fun.The wife and I were both cracking up at her determination to bite the water coming out of the faucet, to the point I left it on a while longer because she enjoyed it so much.

I
    Need to take a break now.
    Thank you all again for your words it really does mean a lot.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 8
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 5