Yep. They are all over.Yes, although I never expected to see one tooling up the driveway. A few years ago when our next door neighbor was starting their new house, their builder took this photo RIGHT in front of their property, right off our ranch road. He took some video too, although I can't post it here. The cat looked to be fairly young, had killed a deer and left it right on the road, and when the builder drove by, he saw the dead deer and then looked up and saw the lion, waiting for him to go away so he could finish his meal! And I had thought about walking down the road w/ the dog in that direction that day, even though I usually go up the road when I walk.![]()

That’s pretty bad assThis was from yesterday morning I have eagles nest on my property and there’s baby eagle in the nest when it seen Uber Eats delivering breakfast it went nuts
Nice collection!These are old, but gives you an idea of variety at my place.
That's what I was going to say too. It looks like they love that water tank.The bear sitting IN the water is pretty hilarious
I think DD is also in CA.Nice collection!
What state is that?
The bear sitting IN the water is pretty hilarious![]()
I think you need to be “watching” a thread to get notifications.I think DD is also in CA.
I'm not getting any notifications about this particular thread, not sure why.

Couldn’t say what, but pointed tail tells me not poisonous here in CA.View attachment 159161
Bonnie has been through two "rattlesnake trainings"...
She stopped dead in her tracks ahead of me and looked back then down...she has great hunt drive and
I encourage her to range ahead a bit when trails or open ground has good sightlines...
but I am also training her NOT to chase...
So when she pauses to sniff the air, look intently, sometimes lift a paw like a pointer...
I say:
"GOOD girl!"
And
"STAY" to let me catch up, leash her...make a point of looking where she is, and sometimes cue her to what I see first..,like a game.
and "BACK..." if needed to our default "bushwhacking thru high desert brush" protocol, if needed with ...
me in the lead with my hiking stick ...poking rocks, listening for the rattle...
And to:
Let me get in close, slowly...dont spook it.
I got a video but only one decent photo...
What do you think?
CaliforniaHerps.com, Reptiles and Amphibians of California
lizards, california, pictureswww.californiaherps.com
Thats a good tip. Gopher snakes protective coloration is very convincing, even to the rapid shaking of tail...but the long skinny end vs rattles is the giveaway.Couldn’t say what, but pointed tail tells me not poisonous here in CA.
My dad told me this years ago.Thats a good tip. Gopher snakes protective coloration is very convincing, even to the rapid shaking of tail...but the long skinny end vs rattles is the giveaway.
Looks like tail of a lizard. All my dogs have been through rattlesnake training also, works like a charm. Oskar, my GSD REALLY picks up on their scent also, and every time he's alerted to a snake, there's been one. He'll be out on our porch on a summers evening, start barking and I know there's a snake out there. If it's just been passing through, and we can't find it, the next day that snake will pop up somewhere.View attachment 159161
Bonnie has been through two "rattlesnake trainings"...
She stopped dead in her tracks ahead of me and looked back then down...she has great hunt drive and
I encourage her to range ahead a bit when trails or open ground has good sightlines...
but I am also training her NOT to chase...
So when she pauses to sniff the air, look intently, sometimes lift a paw like a pointer...
I say:
"GOOD girl!"
And
"STAY" to let me catch up, leash her...make a point of looking where she is, and sometimes cue her to what I see first..,like a game.
and "BACK..." if needed to our default "bushwhacking thru high desert brush" protocol, if needed with ...
me in the lead with my hiking stick ...poking rocks, listening for the rattle...
And to:
Let me get in close, slowly...dont spook it.
I got a video but only one decent photo...
What do you think?
CaliforniaHerps.com, Reptiles and Amphibians of California
lizards, california, pictureswww.californiaherps.com

We get anywhere from 2 to 7 rattlers a year. I think we have a den close by somewhere. Really cool late summer early spring because a lot of them are a light green color, I figure since they're fresh out of their den.Mojave Greens? AZ?I've been catching, and relocating, rattlers since 2009. Supposedly they have a 6 mile radius, so I take them about 6 miles, as the crow flies, out to the BLM land where no one goes to camp, hike, etc..... I use to drop them off closer, but they would come back. I spray their tails, when I release them, with 'upside down' paint that is water based. Only time they start to rattle is if startled. Heck, some of them have been so laid back I probably could have picked them up by hand. What scares them is if you scream, like my husband does when he sees one, screams like a girlWe get anywhere from 2 to 7 rattlers a year. I think we have a den close by somewhere. Really cool late summer early spring because a lot of them are a light green color, I figure since they're fresh out of their den.
No, northern Calif, 2 hours south of Oregon, 2 hours west of NevadaMojave Greens? AZ?