Well, here are a few videos of something that I thought I'd never see!
The first one was taken October 8th. I was outside with the dogs when suddenly Buddy started barking. I'm always on high alert when he barks. It's usually
something and not just nothing LOL! I quickly looked to where he was looking and of course, grabbed my cell phone and immediately turned on my video. It was a huge bull snake! As he was barking, Kali ran over to it to take a look. In those split seconds before I even turned on my camera phone, I had identified the danger, seen Kali run over to it, and thought to myself, what the hell is she doing? Because I know she's afraid of snakes!

And at the same time I saw her turn and run LOL!

I laugh but I'm glad she runs! It's just that I wondered why she was running over to it but I think she probably thought it was something she might like to get. Like a mouse or rabbit or something and when she realized it was a snake, good God, she was gone! So here's the first video when it all first happened.
I then went and put the dogs in the house and came back to take another look. I was amazed to see him digging in the loose sand! I knew he was going to go down in the hole. But who dug the hole? We knew we had moles here since the day we bought the property. You will find many upturned sand just like this mound. Some years are worse than others. This year was a bad one. We would find hills like this, and my husband would spread them out and water it down and the next day a new one would pop up. Sometimes in the same exact spot.
So I come back with my little snake grabber and find him still digging in that mound. Just fascinating! I was going to let him go down there rather than catch him and relocate him. I figured if there is a mole or something down there I hope he gets it! As it goes down the hole I walked closer to grab his tail! But he was so fast and was gone down the hole in a Flash.
So then just last Saturday, October 19th, I look in the same spot and there he is again! You can see how my husband had smoothed over the mound of sand. He looks like he was trying to find the hole again. I disturbed him a little.
A little while later my husband went to move the hose and he was back. I never did see him go back down that hole. And every day I think I'm going to put my trail cam out there and I always forget! But that would be awesome to catch on video.
