Critters and wildlife in your area - post your pics

I find that intriguing! I didn’t realise that the babies were only 2cm long :eek:
I know that they have really weird genitals :wideyed: females have 3 vaginas and 2 uteruses and some male Roo’s can have a two-pronged penis with balls above it. Lol
:spit: Well, we're a bit off standard in Australia! :weird::bag:
Tassie Devils mating sounds more like a massacre as the females will only mate with the male who is capable of fighting her into submission and dragging her into her prepared den, holding her hostage and raping her multiply!!!!! :shock:
 
Just a final bit of info on Eastern Greys Kangaroos. Apparently they first start leaving the pouch at around 9 months, making the Joey in the pics a month or two younger than that. Still not properly haired yet so maybe 6-7 months. They keep ducking back for comfort and a feed until around 18months but I bet the mum won't be letting him pile on in when he's that big! You sometimes see tail, hindlegs and head all sticking out of the pouch and the pouch nearly on the ground.............the pouch has good muscles near the entrance to keep Joey safe while on the move............and no doubt to keep that too big one OUT! :rofl:
 
^^ Wow! Absolutely adorable :love:

How old will the little Joey be when he’s outgrown his mother’s pouch?
I’ve never been too sure about them?
Sorta look like a cross between a deer and a rat?
I find that intriguing! I didn’t realise that the babies were only 2cm long :eek:
I know that they have really weird genitals :wideyed: females have 3 vaginas and 2 uteruses and some male Roo’s can have a two-pronged penis with balls above it. Lol
...and with that I’m positive.
They freak me the :censored: out:eek:
Glad they don’t live around here. We have enough freaks around here as it is:D
:groan:
:guns:
:evilgrin:
 
LOL about the roos but very informative at the same time.

These guys were hanging out in the yard a few nights in a row last week and it always had to be at supper time for the dogs. The first night Della got a little too wound up so it was a bit of a setback for her but she was fine again by the next day.
Spike buck from basement closer Oct 3 19.webp

Six point buck from basement head on Oct 3 19.webp

There was a doe out there too but I didn't take any photos of her since I had to shoo them out of the yard before I took the dogs out.
 
The first night Della got a little too wound up so it was a bit of a setback for her
Oh wow. I bet that something to worry about. The squirrels have been plentiful around here lately and, Kali especially, is always barking at them. She will rile up Buddy and then they both get to barking. I don't know how I would keep them both calm if they had a problem like that. Sure is something to think about.
 
Our daughter is terrified of wasps. So it's always sort of a joke around here. Sometimes I'll text her a picture of it on the window and tell her, This guy has been asking for you! :spit:

I saw this one on the door to our gazebo one day and sent her this video. We all had a good laugh!


:rofl:
 
This guy has been on this window in the same exact spot, since yesterday. I guess they are getting slow and know that their time is limited. Either that or he knows our daughter is in town and he's looking for her! 20191011_071805.webp LOL

20191011_072205.webp
 
Having invested in a decent compact camera I'm being a bit snap happy. It has a good zoom for wildlife pics and I'm very impressed so far. This is all just auto point and shoot stuff as I haven't read the manual yet!

A Rainbow Lorikeetresize02.webp

Not sure what this one is. Closest in the bird book seems to be a Cicada Bird but could be an immature Drongo, (yep, Drongo!)
resize03.webp
 
:spit: Well, we're a bit off standard in Australia! :weird::bag:
Tassie Devils mating sounds more like a massacre as the females will only mate with the male who is capable of fighting her into submission and dragging her into her prepared den, holding her hostage and raping her multiply!!!!! :shock:
Kangaroo genitals and Tasmanian Devil matings, wow. I’ll stick to Dober Devils and Jolly Balls - perspective is everything! :spit:
 
Our daughter is terrified of wasps. So it's always sort of a joke around here. Sometimes I'll text her a picture of it on the window and tell her, This guy has been asking for you! :spit:

I saw this one on the door to our gazebo one day and sent her this video. We all had a good laugh!


:rofl:
I have got to quit having water or Red Bull in my mouth when I watch your videos.
Needless to say Bogie got spewed with Red Bull.:spit: My gosh that was hilarious and unexpected to see the swatter with such precision in a split second. Now off to rinse Bogie, who btw thinks I have lost my mind spitting on him.:rofl:
 

Back
Top