Critters and wildlife in your area - post your pics

swooping in and dashing off with your grouper samwich....... Dang Seagulls...they are so quick !
This happens so frequently down here.
We even have the idiot tourists that think they should feed the invasive iguanas while they rent a house for a month. When they don’t put out food everyday then the iguanas start eating the landscaping. We keep signs posted in each house to NOT feed any wildlife.
The tourists that ignore these rules get a rude awakening when I send the guys over to shoot the iguanas that are eating the landscaping. They freak out and call me and I explain that had they not fed them in the first place, then we would not have to shoot them because they wouldn’t be coming in the yard expecting to be fed by stupid tourists!

I let my horses out in the pasture this morning and while I was cleaning stalls I noticed all the birds around them as they grazed! It just looks so amazing! There must have been fifty Birds! On the ground, on the fence, in the air. I couldn't help but take a video.:D I snuck into the Corral and try to peek through the fence without scaring them away.

I let my horses out in the pasture this morning and while I was cleaning stalls I noticed all the birds around them as they grazed! It just looks so amazing! There must have been fifty Birds! On the ground, on the fence, in the air. I couldn't help but take a video.:D I snuck into the Corral and try to peek through the fence without scaring them away.
That looks and sounds so peaceful. :love:

Yesterday I was watering the garden right off the kitchen along with all our hanging baskets and a hummingbird came by! He came right to this flower while I was standing about three feet away! I stood stock-still and practically holding my breath! :wideyed: I couldn't believe he was so close to me. And he stayed there about 2 minutes! Usually they realize you are standing there and they skedaddle in seconds. He stayed at this plant the whole time. And even seemed like he was going into the water from my hose for a drink! I wanted to grab my phone for a picture so bad! But I knew as soon as I moved, he'd be gone. So I just stood there and enjoyed!

20190821_144525.jpg

That looks and sounds so peaceful. :love:

You know, I always love the view of watching my horses grazing out in the pasture. It really is a peaceful setting. :biggrin:

Yesterday the hummingbirds were active! They were at the deck flowers when I didn't have my phone handy. And then my husband and I were walking down the sidewalk I see two of them fighting for the hosta flowers! By the time I took out my phone they were gone. And then they came back! Finally got a little video of them.

I let my horses out in the pasture this morning and while I was cleaning stalls I noticed all the birds around them as they grazed! It just looks so amazing! There must have been fifty Birds! On the ground, on the fence, in the air.
Are they cow birds? They love to hang out with livestock and catch bugs around them and sometimes they'll even sit on their backs.

Are they cow birds? They love to hang out with livestock and catch bugs around them and sometimes they'll even sit on their backs.
I don't think so. I think they were starlings. Most of them anyway. There's always birds at their feet when they are out in the pasture. But this time seem to be so, so many! Lots of times it's the barn swallows. I know they are always out when I'm mowing.

We left the brewery yesterday after the trial and got stuck waiting for a train to go by. I had the windows down and Rubie started hooting and hollering! I looked over and thought someone's dog had gotten away from the trial! Turns out it was a young coyote! He was just frolicking in the field next to the road.

MVIMG_20190825_144502.jpg

O.M.G.

My husband and I were just out in the barn, bringing the horses in and feeding them. We just closed everything up when he asked me if I turned off the fan that's in the run-in. There's been many times that it has run all night because we forgot to turn it off. :whistle:
So I was very glad when he reminded me!

He opens the overhead door and I go running outside. Instead of going around the fence and walk through the gate, I cut through the fence like I usually do. You know straddle the fence, duck your head and cut through the boards? I run across the corral, turn off the fan and run back to cut through the fence again.

As I duck my head, I look down on the fence I'm straddling and there is a huge honking spider in a web! HUGE! Oh dear God. I scream bloody murder and run to the barn jumping and flapping my arms and scraping my hands over my clothes making sure he's not on me and basically doing a jig! :yatta:Although I saw him in the web so I didn't think he was on me. BUT I WAS STRADDLING HIM! :pullhair::pullhair: Thank God he was not in the board that I ducked my head through!!!! :eek: Oh my God I think I jumped and screamed and laughed and jiggled around for the next 15 minutes! It just gave me the freaking creeps! I jumped in the shower first chance I got!

I need a drink! :martini:

And this morning, before 7 a.m., I was out there with my phone ready to take a picture of this big, honking spider.....

And he was nowhere to be found!! :tap: I swear they can whip up web so quickly at night. And by day, its gone. I even looked around tonight to see if he was back. But the only one I can find was up by the run in. I think it was the same kind of spider too. He had a nice web with all kinds of gnats in the web. :pt: LOL

20190827_201754.jpg

The Sedum is blooming and every year it is filled with butterflies, bees and sometimes even a wasp! This is nothing. I have seen these flowers just covered!

The Butterflies have been very prevalent. They are flying everywhere.

20190902_070041.jpg

20190902_070115.jpg

And working on our deck yesterday, I saw this tiny spider web outlined in our sawdust! This was right between the pickets of our railing. It's really tiny. I'm just close up. :)

20190901_173252.jpg

Walking up the back steps yesterday afternoon when I had to do a double-take. What the hell was that? That I almost stepped on. Oh boy, a cicada?

20190906_153107.jpg 20190906_153103.jpg

Back