Blood dripping from penis

So pleased you have a diagnosis that isn't a major problem, the shaved area always looks very strange exleast it grows back quickly, have they discussed how to rectify the enlarged prostate, I know in the UK when King had his they recommend castration, hope he is soon back to his normal self he is such a fine looking boy.

Thank you! I hope his hair grows back quickly!
 
Update on his 2nd ultrasound: they confirmed that Vinci’s right kidney is missing.

Our vet reassured me that Vinci appears healthy so there’s no immediate need for any blood work but she is going to recommend getting a blood test at his next annual check up, and every year going forward. As for his diet, we’re going to have to modify his diet to be more kidney friendly.

In hindsight though, I am so glad that we went with the vets recommendation to get an ultrasound to look at his prostate and stumbled upon this discovery. I mean we could’ve gone years without knowing that our boy only has 1 kidney - all the what ifs is making me feel super grateful for the fact that we caught it early and we can take preventative measures to make sure his condition doesn’t turn into something much worse, like kidney disease.

Anyway, if you have any experience with kidney disease/conditions with your dobies, I’m all ears. I know I’ve got tons of homework to do on my end.
 
My MIL who is now 70 found out at 65 she only has one kidney. Seems the body compensates by making it larger...SUPER Kidney. No problems no special diet. Good Luck!
 

Back
Top